Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Art Garfunkel - still delivering at 82 Noel96 20 minutes ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
One of the best songs ever written! I hope I'm going as strong if I make it to 82! Thanks for posting, Trev smile
Replies 5 Views 101 Read More
Re: Improved DAW integration Roland S 34 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dear Musocity, sole reason why using REAPER only occasionally is, that I use Samplitide meanwhile for more than 30 years, having more than 100 projects in work. There is no way to open them in REAPER or to save them easily in a REAPER project format. It would be just too much work to move them all to another DAW. That's why I still stay with Samplitude. It does almost everything I need from a DAW, and am used to it. Look and feel and behavior are pretty straight forward, a bit like in the times of analog mixing desks, similar to REAPER. Other DAWs like Cubase or StudioOne may offer more functionality, but they appear a bit confusing to me. Kind Regards Roland
Replies 4 Views 115 Read More
Re: New bluessong by Jonathan&Rband… DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Jona, this is a TON o' FUN, as they say. All the players are in the groove, and that BiaB harmonica sounds perfect. GREAT vocals, too. Nice!
Replies 3 Views 65 Read More
Re: Can't Afford Your Love DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Really nice song, and expertly played/sung. Better than a B-side for sure! To add to the B-side discussion, back in the day we ALWAYS listened to the B-side, 'cause...we had paid for it, right? Same with albums. We'd exhaust every track on both sides. When my son purchased his first CD he asked me why people buy a bunch of crappy songs just to get the one good one. Hmmm. Kids today. On the other hand, his favorite album is "Brother in Arms", so I cut him a lot of slack. Love your song!
Replies 9 Views 71 Read More
Re: On The Sunny Side Of The Street DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nigel, a very joyful take on this wondrous standard. Love your vocals as always, and particularly nice job on the solo on this one. Super mix, too. Just...jazzy, man!
Replies 8 Views 102 Read More
Re: LET THE DOGS SLEEP rsdean 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Elvis, Thanks so much. Bob
Replies 24 Views 530 Read More
Re: BiaB White Paper (May 2024) Gordon Scott 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
sometimes KISS just works.
Amen! It's a focus that products, particularly software products, so often lose in the pursuit of features and tick-boxes. Focus first on a product that's easy and a pleasure to use and have a standard method to get to extended features. I've pretty much always taken the view that if something is technically logical to do, the product should do it, even if I can't at the start see a reason why anyone "would want to do that". Partly because, once the logic is established, it's quite often easier and partly because it's often turned out that there actually is a good reason why someone might want to do it.
Replies 31 Views 958 Read More
Re: Song of Summer Deej56 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ezekiel, Wow, love the opening to this . . . that piano really resonates. And when it gets to that chorus . . . what a rich deep and emotional sound . . . your vocal sits right there . . . and then it quiets down . . . lovely production choices on this. Powerful emotionally . . . you nail the vocal in the chorus . . . compelling. Impressive tune . . . well done!! Deej
Replies 28 Views 708 Read More
Re: Cold Rain And Snow (featuring PeterF on guitar) Deej56 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
J&B and Peter, Well, those harmonies really take this over the top, along with some of the other more subtle BGVs. Which is not to diminish how stellar the lead vocal is . . . because it's a treat . . . as much as that slick lead solo. Wonderful mix! Yeah, like this one! Good stuff folks!! Deej
Replies 16 Views 233 Read More
Re: LOVE AT LAST_David Snyder Deej56 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, It's a wonderful write and terrific arrangement. In that regard, I like the build . . . starting simple and just adding along the way, which adds so much gravity to the tune as it moves on. From a production standpoint, I think the vocal is a bit too far out in front . . . I'd like it just a bit softer. Though that's an artistic preference . . . as always, go with what feels right to you. Deej
Replies 10 Views 107 Read More
Re: Oh, My Girl Deej56 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Waoband, Generally, I'm not a fan of instrumentals . . . so take my comments with a grain of salt in that regard. I think the intro is a bit too long . . . and it should get to that lead guitar more quickly. Had I not known It was an instrumental I would have expected a vocal to kick in sooner . .. so in the same spirit so should the solo . . . at least to my ear, which is just one guy's opinion, with less importance than what you think as an artist. I like a lot of what's going after that solo . . . particularly that thrash like guitar panned far left . . . and those heavier guitars thereafter. The sax is a bit too far out in front and a bit too shriek . . . it's the right instrument, I think--maybe more busy than it needs to be . . . but is just needs to sit a bit better in the mix. As it stands, it's a bit too harsh. Same with the harmonica later on. Again, personal opinion, but I think shorter instrumentals are better than longer . . . but that is more my bias against them generally I think. A lot of good stuff here. Nice work! Deej
Replies 1 Views 10 Read More
Re: Daddy's Girl Deej56 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronnie, This song really grew on me the more I listened . . . that is, the opening seemed, well, OK lyrically . . . but as the song went on, the lyrics expanded a bit and that lovely, sincere vocal gave it just the right touch. Yeah . . . I think I'm digging this. I can see it sung at a wedding . . . well done! Deej
Replies 1 Views 19 Read More
Re: Something About You, Original busking track Deej56 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Donny, Yeah, this has a Willie Nelson type feel to it . . . From a production standpoint it could use some tweaking . . . the vocal (apart from the sibilance) is a bit high end . . . I'd like it a bit warmer . . . but, hey, that's all personal preference and subjective . . . but it doesn't sound like the singer is in the same room as the band . . . so maybe play with it a bit more. I like the tune a lot as is! Deej
Replies 8 Views 193 Read More
Re: Things I'll Never Know (w/Chris37) Deej56 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
James, DC Ron, Floyd, Bob, Alexander, Dewey, David, Ezekiel, Marty and Mario: Thanks so much for the listens. I can't tell you how guilty I felt letting this song sit around for as long as I did, particularly given that right from the start I told Christian I wanted to write the lyrics for it. It was such a wonderful tune, and I could hear the melody so easy . . . it's just that the words never seemed to come or fit. But sometimes letting a song sit is the best thing . . . and hopefully that's the case here. Glad you enjoyed it for what it is. My best to you all, Deej
Replies 12 Views 207 Read More
Re: Drum Stems can't be heard on new song dRoNe13 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You're right, DrDan, it is a workaround. But I'm always up for new ways of getting the job done. It would be great if we didn't have to work outside Biab. In theory, we should be able to do all this without having to use other software. By now, after all these decades of Band-in-a-box, still having to use workarounds is crazy. But I'm glad there are Biab users out there, still pushing the limits and finding new ways around certain problems, even if they are a tad clunky & quirky. I do hope PG iron out all of the issues surrounding 'Drum Stems', because it's quite obvious that people, overwhelmingly prefer to use drum stems over loops and drum mixes.
Replies 20 Views 293 Read More
Re: Render As Audio (MP3, etc) & Temporary Files Location PeterGannon 7 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
> The problem I see is when rendering to audio, it takes "forever". I see that temp files always are using the location of BIAB's install as the temp file location. Jason, I assume you’re referring to BiaB, and not Realband, For BiaB, what temp files are you referring to? Normally, to save a mp3, the only files saved are going to be the master.wav and the master.mp3 and both of those get saved to the (fast c:\…) directory you choose, and not to the BB home directory. The .mp3 conversion gets done by a windows codec, so we don’t have any control over that, but I don’t recall it needing to use temp files to do that. So let me know what temp files you are seeing. ‘The slowness you are seeing is likely related to the slow USB connection to the hard drive you’re describing that contains BiaB as well as the RealTracks. That would affect generation time of the arrangement itself, which takes place in memory, not on disk. But to make the arrangement, it is reading (not writing) lots of files from the RealTracks and RealDrums folders in your (slow) USB drive.’ What is the time to just render to a .WAV file?
Replies 3 Views 54 Read More
Re: Please give the DAW function to BIAB swingbabymix 10 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Forget Biab and work on the Plugin/Plugin Standalone as you can see by the pic that it's the future. ---------- i use Biab
Replies 5 Views 283 Read More
Le Funk cubanpete 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Le Funk Here's my latest, a kind of Funk/smooth jazz I guess that may be loud but suitable for slow dance (or so I think) Anyway, enjoy! Style is SWEATIN.STY (Sweatin' MIDI Lounge Funk Solo) BassCustom Synth is Hi-Q 034 01 Bass, Electric, 61 Classic Sforzando DrumsCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Drums, Acoustic, Rock Kit Sforzando PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 019 02 Organ, Electric, Jazz Sforzando Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Electric Piano (5), MIDI SuperTracks in style: 4359:Organ, Rhythm BluesSlowFunkyLHComp Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 4250:Organ, Soloist BluesSlowFunkyCharles Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 3898:Guitar, Electric, Background FunkSoulful60sPulseSingle Ev16 105 RealTracks in song: 3338:Synth, Analog, Soloist FunkJeff Ev16 110 MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1) Cheers Mike B.
Replies 0 Views 7 Read More
Re: Dread by Spirit Level aka Robert C and Scott C David Snyder Yesterday at 10:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey this is great guys. I really love the almost surreal moodiness of this. It's very panoramic. I mean the lyrics are panoramic and the music is panoramic as well. That's a really exceptional musical production all around. Really like this one.
Replies 13 Views 391 Read More
Re: Flying Free (light remix with new video) WaoBand Yesterday at 09:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Scott C & Mario, thanks for listening and responding. Much appreciated.
Replies 10 Views 245 Read More
Re: In Barbara's heart MarioD Yesterday at 09:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, this took me back to the old coffee shop days, i.e.FYI - over here those were places where musicians and other artists gathered and drank non-alcoholic drinks - they only acoustic music was allowed. Many were held in churches. This is a super song. You have mastered those synth voices. Two guitars and a vocal, that was all that was needed for this song. Brilliant work.
Replies 5 Views 153 Read More
Neuer Computer - Neuinstallation von Biab BornForRock Yesterday at 09:20 PM Forum: Deutsches Band-in-a-Box User Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hallo liebe Leute, vermutlich eine oft gestellte Frage, aber da es anscheinend unterschiedliche Infos darüber gibt, möchte ich nochmal nachfragen: Kurzform: Notebook kaputt, muss Biab nun komplett auf neuem Notebook installieren. Bin Biab-User seit 2015, jährlich also Ultrapak-Upgrades, dazu sämtliche Add Ons gekauft, also Xtra Styles, XPro-Styles usw. Bei PG Music habe ich neulich im Chat gefragt, ob es reicht, wenn ich in Sachen Biab-Neuinstallation nur die letzte 2024 Version installieren muss (und natürlich meine dazugekauften Add Ons) oder auch noch alle Versionen von 2015 an, 2016, 2017, 2018 usw. Man meinte, nur die aktuelle 2024 Version. Evtl. hat man mich da falsch verstanden, ich weiß es nicht. Und meine Add Ons muss ich natürlich extra installieren, logisch. Nun meine ich aber hier in diesem Forum mitbekommen zu haben, dass man auch vorherige Versionen installieren sollte - also in meinem Fall die älteste Version 2015 und dann zu guter Letzt die aktuelle Version 2024. ?? Oder hab' ich das alles falsch verstanden ?? Wenn ich nochmal in Erfahrung bringen könnte, wie es richtig laufen sollte, würde ich mich freuen. Es kostet schon etliche graue Haare extra, wenn bis vor 14 Tagen auf der SSD alles gepasst hat, im Biab-Add Ons Fenster 3x 100% bei den Installationen angezeigt wurde, also alles da, nichts fehlte - und dann das Dilemma.... Bleibt stabil Nachtrag: Über Nacht habe ich den Komplett-Downloads von Biab-Version 2024 (Biab Install Manager) versucht und sogar weitestgehend alle Files automatisch installieren können - bis auf einige "korrupte" Realtracks, die ließen sich partout nicht downloaden, da kamen nach einer Weile Fehlermeldungen. Hatte ich bislang in all' den Jahren noch nie gehabt. Also z.B. bei den Realtracks 44-49, 35-39, 63-66, 78-82, 109-113 usw......bis 320-323. Die letzten Realtracks der 400er Serie klappten aber wieder, Ende ist also 446-448. Denn ich bin auf die Idee gekommen, dass ich die "älteren" Realtracks ggf. per Upgrade 2022, 2021 o.ä. abholen könnte, ob nun per Biab-Download Manager oder im direkten Download im Browser. LEIDER klappte das auch nicht. Immer Fehlermeldungen, die Webseite zum Download ließ sich weder im Download-Manager noch direkt im Browser öffnen. Mir jedenfalls ein Rätsel.... Aber ich bin inzwischen soweit gekommen, dass ich immerhin bei 85% Realtracks, 100% (!) Xtra Styles und 100% (!) XPro Styles gelandet bin. DAS hätte ich gestern Abend bei meiner obigen Eingangsfrage nicht erwartet! Die fehlenden 15% bei den Realtracks sind also einzig und allein auf die derzeit nicht erreichbaren Realtracks zurückzuführen. Da werd' ich dann am Montag mal im Biab-Live-Chat nachhaken. Da muss es ja eine Lösung für geben.
Replies 0 Views 15 Read More
Re: DISCUSSION...NEW IPAD PRO AND THE COMPETITION. justanoldmuso Yesterday at 07:54 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
mg. not vacillation....cos ..due to my vision i cant abide small screens...have to use biggie screens....i guess big screen via lightning ? ..i use bb/realband combo to create songs... so i would lose a lot of functions and pg content much as i am impressed what apple is doing. ..concerns expressed by some users. ive been reading re expandability...ports...and file transfers and other aspects other than cost. of course....gonna do more digging. note i dont need portability. dont get me wrong its a lovely product...but the more i dig...the more im finding out some disadvantages. reported by testers and users. its a very closed platform. i suspect there will be more reiterations of the product to get more users on side. right now i think the 'deal' seems to be a refurb mac mini m2 with logic.for 700 bucks it would seem. half time borussia d. 0...real m ...0 borussia had some great chsnces.. happiness. om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧
Replies 15 Views 383 Read More
Re: Eleven randy gollard Yesterday at 07:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Randy, great chops and tone. Super nice bend technique. You are correct when you said it must be easier if you start the song in BiaB. Most of the time that is true, especially if you have a lick you want to play on your axe. It can take some time to find the right style but it can be worth it in the long run.
Thank you - I appreciate it. I felt disappointed since I could not find an exact specific rhythm in BiaB for a new project that I'm almost done with - but now I realize that's not always going to be possible. For my new ideas, I'm going to really use BiaB for backing tracks -
Replies 4 Views 128 Read More
Re: I'm Just Warming Up Janice & Bud Yesterday at 06:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh yeah! Where's my tambourine? Fun get up and move vibe! Enjoyed it, J&B
Replies 5 Views 133 Read More
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,916
Posts738,811
Members38,616
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jim Gear, gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic
38,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 162