Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
This is driving me literally crazy.
I'm on BIAB 2024.
I have 2 RealDrums tracks. In one of them the track does not generate audio for the entire song. Every time I regenerate, the audio is generated for different lengths. One time ends at bar 59 and then stops, one time at bar 81, one time at bar 89, then again to bar 81 etc. Without me changing anything at all. But it never generates until the end of the song, as it is supposed to.
Things to consider:
- in the control-F7 window (the Track Settings and Actions window) the "generation type" for the track is (rightfully, I think) set to "RealDrums (other tracks)"
- I got rid of ALL the mute commands (or ANY other commands) from F5. So, there's no F5 commands involved.
- I erased the track, and imported the same RealDrum to another utility track. Same result. So, it doesn't seem related to what track I'm using (I tried both regular tracks and utility tracks, and always changed the "generation type" to "RealDrums (other tracks)", as I guess I'm supposed to for second RealDrums tracks.
- I changed the specific RealDrum involved (tried with many different ones). Same result (so, it seems to me that it is not about any specific RealDrum, but something else).
Some more info.
When I go the audio edit page of the partially generated track, and I try to copy some audio to an empty area, BIAB shows me the message "There is no Real Tracks on this track. Do you want to select one?". And that's quite strange. THERE IS a RealTrack (a RealDrum to be precise) already!!!, in fact it just generated half of the song!!! Anyway, if I say "yes", it will take me to a window where I can select a RealTrack (but NOT a RealDrum ... and that's not what I want). But, for the sake of argument, if I select a RealTrack, then BIAB will regenerate the track for the entire song, normally. The problem disappears. So, it seems to me that the problem is related with the fact that I have a second RealDrum (I've done this many times before, and never had a problem with multiple RealDrums in the same song).
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
If necessary, I can create a video to show the problem.

Veteran
Veteran
Are the drums set to half-time or double-time?

Also, have you tried regenerating the track by right-clicking on it, selecting "Track Actions" and then selecting "Regenerate window' (shortcut ALT+F8). Make sure that the "Bar-based range" is unchecked.

Regards,
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Noel
thank you for answering. My drum track is set to normal time.
I tried the Alt-F8 method as you suggested, and after I click "Ok (re)Generate" the "There is no real track ...." etc window pops up. See the picture attached to this post. Same thing that happens when I try to edit the track in the audio edit view. Very, very strange.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture BIAB.JPG (46.25 KB, 69 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Hi again, Jon.

Try this and see if it helps.

1) Press F8 to open Multipicker Library. (You can also right-click on the chordsheet and select it from the right-click menu that appears.)

2) Select the "Realdrums" tab. (#1 on the image below)

3) Make sure you select the track the the drums are on from the drop-down menu. (#2 on the image)

4) Click the "Generate" (#3 on the image)

5) Close the Multipicker Library. (the X on the upper right corner is okay to do this)

6) Click on Tracks View and see if the track has generated the full length of your song. (if you use the scroll wheel on the mouse and scroll it towards you, you can zoom out so that all the tracks fit on the screen.)

I hope this helps.
--Noel

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you Noel
before seeing your last post, I tried to generate the track once again (without really changing anything, I just reopened BIAB where I left off yesterday), and the track finally was fully generated. Go figure. I'm not gonna touch it now :-)
I just to want to say something though, after playing around with 2024 for a day or so.
I love the new improvements. I really, really do. The program is still very very glitchy though. I'm finding, for example, that the volume automation in the audio edit window is extremely moody, so much so that it pretty much unusable. I verified this on several tracks. When I zoom in and out, the blue markers for the volume automation change their position on their own - they randomly move back and forth in time, in relation to the song position. And the playback reflects that. So it's pretty much impossible to set a volume automation in a specific position, because basically what you see is not what you're really doing. Also, sometimes the blue dots and line appear and disappear with the zooming as well.
So, I am very confident that PGM is going to fix most of these glitches shortly. I'm pretty sure that the problem I was describing about my RD track is also part of this early / glitchy version of BIAB 2024.
Let's wait and see for some needed patches.

Last edited by Jon Thomas; 12/07/23 09:35 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
My pleasure, JT.

PG Music will certainly be working hard to get things fully ship-shape. When the program moves from beta testing out into the world with all the thousands and thousands of different computers and users, etc., things are bound to show up that weren't captured during the testing process.

I'll pass your comments on to the Development Team so that they are aware of what you discovered.

All the best,
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Maybe this helps too.
It seems to me (not 100% sure, I'd have to verify on several tracks) that the volume automation is accurate only when the track is fully zoomed out (in the audio edit window). In that case only, what you see is really what you get. If I zoom in, things get shifted and what you see is not what you get anymore. Again, I only verified this on a couple of tracks, but it seems consistent.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,921
Posts738,882
Members38,619
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
wesdean, Mike Dunn, NETH TANYANG, Jim Gear, gdl68
38,618 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 157