Originally Posted by David Snyder
That part with Rick Beato in the YouTube posted on this thread where he was reciting the lyrics to Across the Universe gave me chills.

SO good, and so relevant.

Yes, that is what great lyrics sound like. Why not try and use that as an example? It's up to you. You can write whatever you want.

I have stated this many times but in terms of commercial music I have read that only a very small handful of aspiring songwriters (about 75 or something in that range) got cuts on Nashville albums each year in the last decade or so and the average take-home pay from songwriter royalties was $90 a year. About 250,000 were trying each year in Nashville alone. Maybe 5 million or so nationwide. Maybe 25 million, who knows. Those aren't great odds.

There is no such thing as commercial songwriting anymore and there hasn't been for a long time. It has nothing to do with AI.

Producers write all of the music if not the artist and there's usually seven or eight people and it's always the same seven or eight people.

On the bright side, for people who want to create their own music, and that's really all there is for Independent artists, the amount of technology to produce your own music is absolutely phenomenal. Mind boggling. Just one example is the Abbey Road collection of plugins. Even the Abbey Road engineers admit that they can't tell the difference between using the Abbey Road plugins and being in Abbey Road. I think that's pretty extraordinary. I think it's pretty extraordinary that Andrew Scheps mixes and masters all of his stuff inside the box with the very same plugins that all of us have access to.

Music today is really what you want to create.

You can literally do whatever you want and put it out there and if people like it they'll listen to it.

This is a great time in history just to focus on producing the greatest music that you possibly can and stop worrying about all of the negative stuff. It will all take care of itself.

Just focus on your tunes, that's what I say.

👍👍👍

J&B