BIG TIP.

some cheaper usb audio interfaces dont have mic preamps with enough gain to drive some dynamic mics. i recommend googling in line mic booster.
ive been testing out a fethead with an older interface. works great and results in me not haveing to put the interface gain up as high.
rather impressed. but as always ymmv blah blah.

in summary if you find you have to really crank the gain on the interface mic pre you might look at a fethead or equivalent if your getting problems.

an update on my audient interface.
..not one prob ever.
..great drivers.
..latency of 4 millisecs reported and i could get lower but dont bother.
one tech review i saw on the net mentioned the audients low 0.6 millisecs
internal latency. i believe it as ive not had latency issues. but note my new mini pc has one of the lowest dpc latencies for a pc. one major problem is that some people arent aware of the importance of useing preferably a low microseconds dpc pc for music production.
if the reader of this is thinking about a new pc a great resource that checks out dpc latencies of lots of pc's is notebook check.
just google notebook check dpc latency and the resulting display will show a table of dpc latencies from high to low.
..one thing i really like about the audient is it has 48v switches on each channel via a small app. some gear doesnt have such a feature but just a global 48v for all channels.
..imho the audient mic pres are impressive when i compare them to songs i once did in commercial studios.

ps...i forgot to mention..another thing that has impressed me re audient is how quickly they got back to me when a couple of times i needed clarification on something.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/07/23 09:16 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)