Intruding on an old and great tip ...

RME is mentioned. What I don't see is focus on it's four outstanding features. This should absolutely be one of the first products you check out.

1. Most audio manufacturers buy 'packaged' audio device drivers from various software companies. RME writes it's own drivers permitting recording latency down to 3.2 milliseconds and 32 sample buffer ... even on USB 2. Their high end units have both Thunder Bolt and USB ... but there is no difference in performance.

2. RME's digital mixer, TotalMix, is the most comprehensive imaginable permitting every hardware and/ or software input to be routed to any output individually or combined.

Google Barry Johns Studio Talk 'RME - Simply The Best' on YouTube and his multi-part introduction to TotalMix.

3. RME includes a 'real time' audio analyzer app, DIGICheck, with programmable options for full frequency range, Peak and RMS metering and phase coherency.

4. RME has never abandoned a product due to ongoing Operating System changes, i.e., Win 7 to 10 to 11, etc.

And disclaimer, I have no association with RME other than having been a satisfied customer for over 15 years.

Last edited by DFT; 12/23/23 12:54 PM.

Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!