Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorials
Sit back and watch as we walk you through many of the amazing features of the Band-in-a-Box® program. You′re bound to learn something with our Video Tutorial selection for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!
This great collection of Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos created and produced by Team PG are the perfect way to learn how to get the most from your Band-in-a-Box®.
Includes master guitarist Oliver Gannon′s "Songwriting with Band-in-a-Box®" and "Secrets of the Stylemaker" videos!
With Oliver Gannon as your teacher, you′ll be composing your own professional quality songs in Band-in-a-Box® in no time!
Band-in-a-Box® for Bozos (and full instructions for all of us)
We don′t think that anyone is a bozo for having fun with Band-in-a-Box®, but we understand that there are lots of Band-in-a-Box® users, new and old, who want in-depth instructions on all that there is to know about this powerful and versatile program. In these instructional videos we′ll try to answer all of the questions we can think of, and we hope that you′ll help out by letting us know what we′ve missed.
Band-in-a-Box® for Bozos Volume 1:
Installing and Setting Up the Program:
- Installing from Download.
- Installing from CD-ROM.
- MIDI Driver Setup Window tour.
- Explanation of the Input ⁄ Output Driver options
- Synthesizer ⁄ Soundcard Instrument list explanation.
- Patch Map explanation.
- A tour of the DXi settings and Direct X Plugins window.
- Definition of Latency, and latency adjustment instructions.
- Tour of the Audio Settings window.
- How to fine-tune ⁄ offset Ms instructions.
- Adjusting the Audio Latency.
- Explaining the command buttons
- Selecting ASIO – a tour of the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
- Mono ⁄ Stereo option.
- Associating Band-in-a-Box® file types in Windows Explorer.
- Tour of the Main Screen:
- Outlines the basic operation of Band-in-a-Box®.
- User Interface layout explanation (Status Bar, Synth Window, Toolbar, Title Window, Floating Custom Toolbar).
- Chord sheet explanation.
- Personalizing your interface using the Window menu.
- Display options – the Opt | Preferences window.
- Changing the colour of the Band-in-a-Box® display.
- Making a New Song Arrangement:
- Chord Entry
- Explanation of:
- Repeats ⁄ Endings
- Part markers
- Intro options
- Changing the settings at any bar.
- Tour of the Help Menu.
Band-in-a-Box® for Bozos Volume 2:
Notation and Leadsheet windows:
- Explanation of the Notation window, Editable Notation window, and Staff Roll Notation Mode window.
- Entering notes and rests.
- MIDI Driver Setup Window tour.
- Clean entry
- Mono entry
- Lyric option
- Section text option
- Event List
- Print button
- Customizing the Notation window with the Opt. button.
- Audio Chord Wizard:
- Explanation of the feature.
- How to access the Audio Chord Wizard.
- Step-by-step instructions for importing and analyzing an audio file.
- Main screen tour – an explanation of the different commands available.
- Setting Bar 1.
- Key Selection.
- Tapping the Bar lines.
- Time Signature.
- Fine-tuning ⁄ estimate toning.
- Part Markers.
- Importing the results to Band-in-a-Box®.
- Explaining the Utilities window when importing the chords to Band-in-a-Box®.
- Rendering to an Audio file:
- Explanation of different Audio file types – MP3, WAV, and WMA.
- Saving in different Audio formats.
- Step-by-step instructions on rendering your song.
- Rendering window tour – an explanation of all the buttons ⁄ commands within this window.
- DXi direct rendering explanation.
- Rendering with the Roland VSC, and installing the VSC.
- Recording control Window.
- Creating an MP3 file.
- Step-by-step instructions on burning the audio files to disc using the MiniBurn program.
PG Music Inc.
29 Cadillac Ave Victoria BC Canada V8Z 1T3
Sales: 800-268-6272, 250-475-2874,
Tech Support: 866-983-2474, 250-475-2708, + 800-4746-8742*
* Outside USA & Canada where International Freephone service is available. Access Codes