PG Music Home
When I select Nashvilles, can I also display standard chord names?
I like to use Nashville for typing because it's numbers and easier to type and memorize.
But I also want to see the standard chord names. Is there a shortcut for me to see?
Or is there some sort of screen where I can see the current chord?

Like 4/5 in C major

And then it display: F/G
You've just exercise a couple of hundred key strokes asking a question about reducing your number of key strokes.
You should live up to your "expert" status.
Yes... you can open a layer ("Chord Display | Layers") that will let you have both chords and Nashville numbers visible.

Also, on the normal chordsheet... the one with the letters... you can enter the chords in Nashville notation by typing them in. For example, if you are in the key of C and you type 6m/1, you'll get Am/C.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Yes... you can open a layer ("Chord Display | Layers") that will let you have both chords and and Nashville numbers visible.

Also, on the normal chordsheet... the one with the letters... you can enter the chords in Nashville notation by typing them in. For example, if you are in the key of C and you type 6m/1, you'll get Am/C.

HI !
That's great! I never noticed this setting.
I've opened it now. The setting is successful.
It's been very helpful. Thank you very much
Yes... you can open a layer ("Chord Display | Layers") that will let you have both chords and Nashville

hello

Can the layer display be narrowed? The layers of the English letters of the chord.
See if this helps...

1) Right-click your mouse in the Nashville layer.

2) Select a percentage that suits.

3) This percentage can also be set via "Display Settings". It's the last option at the bottom of the display options. Namely, "Height % of additional chord display layer".

Hope this helps,
--Noel

Attached picture increasing layer text size 2023.jpg
See if this helps...

Through your prompt, I have set up successfully.
The whole picture, it's much more comfortable.
Thank you again for your great help!

Attached picture 2023-04-12_163541.jpg
That looks great, Swingbabymix!

I'm glad you got it working to do the job you want.

--Noel smile
I accidentally clicked Close all layers today.
Then, I don't know where to open the layer again.
If you have time, tell me how to turn it back on.
Originally Posted by swingbabymix

I encountered the same problem. Looks like the chord display context menu is missing in BiaB 2024.

Try to revert back to BiaB 2023 to fix this problem.

If you use CTRL+T to toggle to the standard view, it's possible to access layers as shown on the image below.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture layers - turning on.jpg
[quote=Noel96][/quote]

thanks!!!
Originally Posted by MusicVillain

Hello.I found that clicking here with the mouse can enter the layer.

Attached picture 2024-01-17_170830.jpg
Yes, I also spent 15 minutes a few days ago trying to find that "Chord Display" icon. I haven't used the classic view for years, and it seems that that icon can only be found there. Neither the Help nor the Feature browser mention that other method.

This is why many users perceive BIAB as a difficult to use and non intuitive program. Finding some features is an incredibly difficult task, even for experienced users. Menu's layout and GUI really need a serious and thorough overhaul.
Very happy with the old view. Large screen necessary but everything is there, and easy to access.
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
Very happy with the old view. Large screen necessary but everything is there, and easy to access.
Yes, that's a reasonable response. I'm sure many users remain familiar and comfortable with.that presentation. I guess that's why the company retained it.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the second method is undocumented, and thus, really difficult to find for anyone using the new view:

[Linked Image]

If we want an easy to use product for everyone, all functionality should be also clearly available for anyone using any view.

Attached picture Layers.jpg
By the way, is there a button a user can click to open the Alt+F8 Partial Regen window?

There doesn't seem to be a button, a window dropdown menu, or a right click context menu.

The only way you can access this function is using the hot key?

The old view is great except the mixer is only half height of the screen. A pain in the anus when you have to scroll back and forth to edit the utility tracks.
By the way, is there a button a user can click to open the Alt+F8 Partial Regen window?

There doesn't seem to be a button, a window dropdown menu, or a right click context menu.

The only way you can access this function is using the hot key?

Hi MusicVillian.

Right-click on the track in the mixer and then select "Track Actions".

--Noel

★ my latest song: The Best Gift Of All (Thank You, Mama) – vocals by Synthesizer V
Originally Posted by Noel96

If you use CTRL+T to toggle to the standard view, it's possible to access layers as shown on the image below.

[Linked Image]
Layers are also accessible from the Modern View.

Attached picture Layers.jpg

The old view is great except the mixer is only half height of the screen. A pain in the anus when you have to scroll back and forth to edit the utility tracks.
The Mixer is floating and resizable in the Classic View. The button is the last to the far right in the Mixer Tabs. It is the two folder icon.

Attached picture icon.jpg
MV.

you say bb is for the oldies...but....
show an alternative to bb..i dont see any.

as a tech as ive said in the past the only way to realise how remarkable bb is ..is take programming courses in C++..delpbi...etc etc and assembler and the win api's and also add in the complexities of digital audio and midi programming...this stuff is very complex even for excellent programmers.
now add in the complexities of a diverse muso user base all over the world with lots of different language versions...

and the above is just for starters.lol.
i know where your coming from but im just trying to give you a taste of life on the other side of the fence...the dev side.
i also understand your comments mv.for example in the early 2000s i was so frustrated with music software offerings i very nearly did my own daw...developed a whole spec...the whole schmeer. ...till i realised the huge complexities involved.

do i get frustrated with bb...yep...but i realise pg are in a no win situation with a diverse user base. some people want the old ways and some new exciting ways. its extremely difficult keeping all the user base happy.

please understand im no apologist...i just understand the many complexities daily for pg.

ive had younguns say to me.....oh ive heard bb is for elevator music till ive shown them a rocker....and they go WHAT ?
do i know bb like a talented charlie fogle.....nope...but ive been useing it for years and in the process evolved my own methods that make things a bit simpler for me.
for example ive been haveing a blast testing out 2024 seeing if i can get elvises vocal style and doing for fun viva las vegas.
i dont care the software the song is a huge challenge.
but within an hour in bb i had rough backing bed guide tracks for my voc tests done after putting the song title into the picker that recommended some styles....now im testing in the new yummy mpicker lots of rt's and instrumentation for the song.

in summary its all a question of developing ones own work methods.
is bb perfect ?...nope but i dont think it ever will be...like lots of software...but the lead guitarist turns up on time and doesnt try to snag the drummers girlfriend...lol..and i dont have to worry like in big studios my budgeted time running out or a channel going out on a mixer or 2 inch mtr.

i wish you a groovy year with lots of success n happiness

om
Yes, I also spent 15 minutes a few days ago trying to find that "Chord Display" icon. I haven't used the classic view for years, and it seems that that icon can only be found there

Good point. The Chord Display button should be on the full screen mode toolbar. Thanks.

Edit - actually, the chord display button IS on the small toolbar (View panel) Ch.Display.
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
Yes, I also spent 15 minutes a few days ago trying to find that "Chord Display" icon. I haven't used the classic view for years, and it seems that that icon can only be found there

Good point. The Chord Display button should be on the full screen mode toolbar. Thanks.

Edit - actually, the chord display button IS on the small toolbar (View panel) Ch.Display.

I'm sorry Andrew, probably I'm missing something, but I'm still unable to find that Ch. Display icon:
[Linked Image]

Attached picture CH.jpg
Yes, but that's not the chord display button Andrew mentioned (please, see his post)
I see, it looks like the button got squeezed out on some displays. We could fix that by moving the DrumKit button to the MISC panel.

In the mean-time, you could delete the drum kit button (accessible via Window menu if needed)
bb\Data\Images\MainScreenButtons\PNL_VIEWS\SMALLVIEWSdrums_s1_m3_i208

Or if you are using a custom skin, delete the equivalent file from here:
\bb\Data\CustomSkins
Thanks Andrew. Not really a problem for me, since now I know it can be accesed from the legacy view or by right clicking on Chords icon, but having the CH Display icon on the view panel - full screen mode (and maybe also update the Feature browser with the right click method) will be benefitial for future users, for sure.
© PG Music Forums