PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix Import songs to get chord progressions - 06/25/23 05:53 AM
Is it possible for BIAB to function like this site.
https://chordify.net/

Can BIAB develop a similar function, input youtube video or import MP3 audio, it can display the chord progression.

I think it would be fascinating if BIAB itself had this functionality.
I think the idea of chord progression on this website is very similar to BIAB.
if you import an mp3 BIAB can work out the chords. use the audio chord wizard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vVmsfn9SM
Here is another one of them and I think it is free.

ChordU

I also noticed you are a Studio One user. You can download youtube videos and import them into Studio One. Use the command to extract the audio to a audio track. Once the audio is on a track of its own you can just drag the audio track to the chord track and you have the chords. It is not perfect sometimes but it might help you.
Posted By: rayc Re: Import songs to get chord progressions - 07/21/23 11:16 PM
Yes it's possible.
Yes the function already exists.
Yes it is fascinating.
Like all such tools there are things that have to be considered and adjustments that may need to be made.
Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes it's possible.
Yes it is fascinating.
Like all such tools there are things that have to be considered and adjustments that may need to be made.

It's probably my Unix mentality, but I'm always worried by the desire people sometimes have to "throw everything including the kitchen sink" into a product. I'd rather have a more slimmed-down, quicker, slicker, cleaner, less complex, more managable primary focus and push most the extraneous stuff like chordify out into other applications.

Of course I may just be 'odd', or an aesthetics nerd, or something.
Posted By: rayc Re: Import songs to get chord progressions - 07/23/23 06:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes it's possible.
Yes it is fascinating.

It's probably my Unix mentality, but I'm always worried by the desire people sometimes have to "throw everything including the kitchen sink" into a product. I'd rather have a more slimmed-down, quicker, slicker, cleaner, less complex, more managable primary focus and push most the extraneous stuff like chordify out into other applications.

Of course I may just be 'odd', or an aesthetics nerd, or something.

I'd probably agree...but I'd hate to have to decide what not to include as it's probably something I'd need the next day.
There's an awful lot in most DAWs I won't get near through lack of perceived need and, being disinclined toward most midi, the same with BIAB.

I watch most of Kenny Gioa's Reaper videos but I've used the information from less than a dozen. The same with BIAB turorials.
© PG Music Forums