PG Music Home
Even after using BIAB and RB since they were on floppies (although in my early days it was PT) I'm still unsure about whether sfx and reverb get carried acroos from BIAB to RB. There are several methods I know.

1) Drag and drop of complete song to wav at drop station and then to RB
2) export individual instruments to wav and import to RB
3) Open the BIAB file in RB

In actual fact I get good results every way i use. But I know there had been forum chat that BIAB's careful eq and reverb settings and style mix can be lost when you transfer.

what's the best way to transfer what i hear in BIAB to my RB project? I know with all the new BIAB features i'll probabyly get told there's no need to go to RB at all but i like my current work flow - rough out in BIAB and then record and tweak in RB.

In the old days of midi I know reverb got transferred to the PT (now RB) mixer at the default level of 40 and when I open the RB mixer the aux setting still seems to read 40 - even on RTs.
Any help would be appreciated
If you use Drag n Drop it's pre FX
If you use Audio > Export Song as wav you will get reverb:

[Linked Image]

Attached picture BB24-Render-Reverb.png
Originally Posted by Bob Calver
In actual fact I get good results every way i use. But I know there had been forum chat that BIAB's careful eq and reverb settings and style mix can be lost when you transfer.

what's the best way to transfer what i hear in BIAB to my RB project? I know with all the new BIAB features i'll probabyly get told there's no need to go to RB at all but i like my current work flow - rough out in BIAB and then record and tweak in RB.
[Track Actions > Save track as a WAV file] is another way, that used to lose reverb settings, but now, renders reverb settings... I think all methods work equally now... but, I could be wrong. I never use "Real Band"
© PG Music Forums