PG Music Home
Posted By: musocity BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/07/23 12:16 PM
Having the Tracks View and the non jail Multi Picker the only other thing is a Floating Chords / Tracks Windows.

When you get around to adding the automation lanes you can just stay in this view.
Maybe the little down arrow is for that and you ran out of time ?

[Linked Image]

Attached picture BB24-Automation-Lane.gif
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 03:01 AM
Yes, all that can be done, and is a good idea.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 03:22 AM
Automation lanes
+1
Especially much needed volume.

I would prefer automation right on the waveform, similar to what we have in ACW view with volume controls/envelope, instead of separate sub traks.

Future fx automation can be done same way, overlaying track, just using "string & nodes" of different color to separate the two.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
Yes, all that can be done, and is a good idea.
Great news. Another + 1 from me. This would really increase the versatility of the new features.
Posted By: musocity Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 04:58 AM
You need to allow for other future automation like pan, vst enable etc.. maybe have it so you select it with the drop down and whatever one you chose to show in the waveform will.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached File
Rea-Automation.gif  (142 downloads)
Attached picture AU-Automation.gif
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 05:16 AM
Originally Posted by musocity
You need to allow for other future automation like pan, vst enable etc.. maybe have it so you select it with the drop down and whatever one you chose to show in the waveform will.

In the past I thought these features were very far away from BIAB.

Now I know that BIAB will be implemented.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 05:22 AM
Support for a MIDI control surface would be so nice on an automation lane.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Support for a MIDI control surface would be so nice on an automation lane.
Yes, definitely. I'm also a little surprised that such a feature has still not been implemented.
Posted By: Jon Thomas Re: BB24 Automation Lanes - 12/08/23 10:49 AM
I also support all the suggestions.
On the same topic, please PGM take a look at the volume automation feature in the audio edit window (in version 2024). As I reported in another post, there seems to be some significant glitches there. It seems to me that the blue automation line and dots are an accurate representation of playback only when the track is fully zoomed out. As soon as you zoom in, then the automation line shifts almost randomly, and what you see is not - at all - what you get on playback, which makes it impossible to use (when you are fully zoomed out, you can't be precise with your automation editing).
© PG Music Forums