PG Music Home
Posted By: malevans XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 03:15 PM
I was missing four styles so went to purchase. Each style advertised at $27. Thats $116 in total. When I got to checkout I saw that the total was $134 dollars. thats $18 more. These are taxes for living in the UK. I'm downloading digitally, so why the added taxes.

PG is going to lose a lot of customers adding those taxes.

Mal.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 03:37 PM
Our shopping cart calculates and applies the appropriate taxes or VAT based on your location during the checkout process. This definitely varies depending on where you are. It's worth looking into the VAT guidelines where you live so you're not surprised by these charges.

I know it can be a little confusing, as VAT is usually included in the purchase price locally. What you see listing on the purchase page is the "base price" in USD, but you'll see the shopping cart automatically adjust this to view with the VAT included. If you have a VAT ID you can apply it before completing your order to remove those charges. For me, being in British Columbia, I see these charges listed separately, as that is the "norm" based on our location.
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 03:38 PM
It's not him who adds taxes (it doesn't go into his pocket but into that of the State), lol, it's the global system.

And it's been a few years now. VAT = value added tax.
You can try to make it believe that you are in a tax-free country (there are still some) but your credit card will say where you really are. The system is merciless.
PGM is the most correct company I know.
Posted By: malevans Re: XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 03:44 PM
I think your missing the point. Payment can be made and those taxes applied but, if you are downloading across the internet, a substantial increase still applies to UK customers when using a card. Is that fair, just because your card is in the UK?
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 03:48 PM
My simple opinion is that it is unfair to attack PGMusic. They really have nothing to do with it.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 03:50 PM
Tax laws have been changing over the years, and one of the more recent changes I've noticed is that e-delivery software is now taxed in a lot of places. Since you are in the UK, your order will be taxed based on the VAT guidelines.
Posted By: TheMaartian Re: XPro & Xtra Styles - 12/21/23 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by malevans
I think your missing the point. Payment can be made and those taxes applied but, if you are downloading across the internet, a substantial increase still applies to UK customers when using a card. Is that fair, just because your card is in the UK?
It's not just the UK. I live in France. I have to pay 20% VAT in addition to whatever the product prices are from PG Music. They are required by law to collect those taxes. So, have a pint and chill.
© PG Music Forums