PG Music Home
Hi,
- I just found that guitar tuner, pluged my guitar to the mixer, set the AudioDriver settings to ASIO, selected the in- and output of my mackie mixer firewire card.
The BiB vu-input meter shows the incomming signal, but the guitar tuner (and the output meter) nothing.
What I'm doing wrong?
horst
Hi horst,

It could be ASIO that is the problem. For most purposes, it's best to think of ASIO as a one-output-device-at-a-time driver. Once ASIO is engaged, it will often stop other applications from accessing sound. For example, if I have BIAB running with an ASIO driver, no other sound device will work on my system until I close BIAB. With this in mind, what I'd do if this was my problem would be to set all applications to non-ASIO drivers and see if that helps.

Regards,
Noel
Noel,
must be something different as I can Record my guitar (haven't tested before), but the Tuner remains inactive. All the same wether I select ASIO or MME.
What sound card or sound device?

What Operating System? 32 or 64 bit?

Can you simply hear the guitar thru the host program when you play it?

--Mac
Good morning, Mac,
Quote:

What sound card or sound device?

- Two of them ;-)
1. sta-AUDIO: this is a card-device with a break out box
2. via FireWire MACKIE onyx 1620 mixer

Quote:

What Operating System? 32 or 64 bit?

- WinXP Pro 32 bit (at the moment, I've just ordered a new fanless i7 computer!! Will arrive next week.)

Quote:

Can you simply hear the guitar thru the host program when you play it?

- Yes, in every situation. I'm using Reaper as software. The guitar is pluged to the mixer, running via firewire to the computer.
When starting BiB (Reaper offline) the input VU-meter is displaying the sound and I'm able to record, but I can't hear the guitar live, just on playback.
horst
I think you should try shutting Reaper completely down and then open BiaB and try again.

The two programs might be fighting for capture of the sound resources...

TIP -- the Tuner can be run standalone. Look for "tuner^.exe" in your BB folder and doubleclick on it.

--Mac
I don't understand in a deep, but it is running now:
as I told, the Audio settings are set to ASIO with my ONYX mixers-Firewire card. And, BiB is listening to that, otherwise it would not record the sound from the mixer.
In addition to that I have to set the Windows Audio input settings to that Firewire option (in general I've set that to the mentioned sta-Audio box to get the signal from a Turntable). So, BiB seem to need both. It's a bit confusing.
Thank's all, horst
© PG Music Forums