PG Music Home
Posted By: Westside Steve Vocal Harmonizer - 09/23/10 02:26 PM
Is there one in BIAB?

WSS
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Vocal Harmonizer - 09/23/10 02:31 PM
Hi Steve,

It's called TC Helicon. If you go to "Help" and, under the index tab, type in TC, you'll find some information on it. The way that I learned to use TC Helicon was to work through the tutorial. You can find the tutorial if you go to "Audio Harmony Dialog" under Help. (It's also possible to access the tutorial under Help >> Tutorials >> Tutorial # 14 (in BIAB 2010.5))

TC Helicon is an excellent piece of software.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Vocal Harmonizer - 09/23/10 05:08 PM
Thanks Noel.
I wonder if it shows up as a VST in Sonar as well....

WSS
Posted By: jford Re: Vocal Harmonizer - 09/23/10 05:38 PM
The TC-Helicon harmonizer in BIAB (and PowerTracks) is not a plugin, but a 3rd party feature that has been integrated into the BIAB/PTPA software. So it would not show up as a plugin in other applications. I imagine it has more to do with licensing, than anything else, which is probably why it's not directly integrated into RealBand (but requires that PTPA be installed to use it in RealBand).
Posted By: mnich Re: Vocal Harmonizer - 09/26/10 04:01 AM
I wish I had known about that.

I bought a DigiTech Vocalist VL3D earlier in the year and it's still in the box. I want to generate some female harmony parts and let my wife try and duplicate them. It looks like the TC Helicon program is what I can use.

Darn! That was $300 I would have liked to have spent elsewhere.
Posted By: Mac Re: Vocal Harmonizer - 09/26/10 01:50 PM
That Vocalist features much later technology than the built in software TC Helicon does.

It also works in realtime.

I'd use that instead, it would presumably do the better job for you.

--Mac
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Vocal Harmonizer - 09/26/10 04:04 PM
I recently picked up a vocal works TC unit and simple love it. With the help form folks here. Pat Marr was a huge help, among others, i was able to learn to use the thing very well.

i have been experimenting with gender and also a single shadowed voice at either a 3rd or 5th up does a very cool job,

The digitech unit also does midi input so you can have RB or PTPA , or even BiaB i imagine control it.
© PG Music Forums