PG Music Home
Posted By: michaelg Muting Squeeze Box in Jigs and Reels - 12/18/10 03:49 PM
Greetings,
I am trying to mute the Squeeze Box in the Irish Jig/Reel . None of the highlighted instruments, when muted, mute this instrument. Any ideas.

Thanks

Michael
Chesapeake, VA
Posted By: Mac Re: Muting Squeeze Box in Jigs and Reels - 12/18/10 11:02 PM
Did you also try muting the Melody or the Soloist track as well?

It has GOT to be on one of them...

If you gave more info, such as the actual name of the Style file in use, or if it is a pgmusic Demo Song, people could check it out at their end and possibly be better able to help you.

Big Virginny WAVE to a fellow Chesapeakian!

--Mac
Posted By: martijn Re: Muting Squeeze Box in Jigs and Reels - 12/19/10 10:25 AM
Hi,

the squeezebox in those Celtic styles is an audio track, not a regular realtrack. To the right of the instrument names across the top you'll find an entry for audio, which can be muted, solo-ed etc.

Martijn
Posted By: John Conley Re: Muting Squeeze Box in Jigs and Reels - 12/19/10 12:12 PM
Unless you got a midi file from somewhere and the 'squeezbox' track is stuck on the Soloist track you've got me. Take each Radio button from the top left, right click it and hit mute. It should turn red. Try even the drums track for fun. At some point it HAS to stop playing.

If that doesn't work there's always the Northern Canadian fix. 12 gauge to the monitor, then the computer LOL. Then go ice-fishing. Take cold liquids to the fish shack in case you have to re-light the wood stove, so save a shot in the bottom of the bottle. Tell stories about the wolf that stalked you.

I also found you can mute the squeeze box by getting the guy a double double shot during break and stealing the thing. He forgets he brought it and plays the spoons. Later you steal those and hide the jew's harp.

But rattle on the stovepipe sounds better with a squeeze box and fiddle.
© PG Music Forums