PG Music Home
Posted By: CountryTrash Amazing 2011 Version - 12/26/10 04:53 PM
I just felt I had to congratule PG Music for the new additions to the Realtracks.
It is our Holiday season here in South Africa and I have taken some time now to go through the new stuff and I am blown away!

I have been going through my tracks and replacing some RealTracks with the new ones .....
The possibilities are now amazing! The new accordion tracks are great. So are the piano additions ...

The Brent Mason styles are making a HUGE difference to some of my Country Waltzes. I can go on and on. You can very easily package any song now with the permutation of instruments and styles now which I felt was not as mature one version ago

For me It just seems that the new stretching algoritms also had a huge effect on the way the music now flows and everything just seems smoother?

It virtually means that I am reworking all my songs now ...! (no complaints)

Thanks PG, this was a step up as far as I am concerned.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/27/10 07:44 PM
Thanks CT!
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/27/10 08:42 PM
Congratulations CT, unfortunately I don't have BIAB 2011 yet and I don't know when I will have it, but I am sure it will be a real gratification with such amazing new features.

Carlos
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/27/10 09:14 PM
Carlos, someone with your talent deserves the best tools. By all means, get 2011 as soon as you can. You will love the improved sound of all the Real Tracks, old and new, from the new engine.

Country Trash, nice post!
Posted By: fgrittner Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/27/10 11:42 PM
Great post.

I posted a link on the Users Forum to a Gypsy Jazz version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. I posted it to FaceBook and one listener told me she had known Stephan Grappelli and that she liked my version. Pretty cool. The engine does make a difference--I am also guessing that with each RealTracks session the PG Music experts are learning how to capture more "information" from these great musicians.
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/28/10 08:04 PM
CARLOS:
I thought all PG Team associates received a gratus copy of 2011...for your past efforts as a PG Team member... and fine recorded examples of how to use the program effectively, I would have thought you'd be included for all your great imput!?
Posted By: John Conley Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/28/10 08:12 PM
Perhaps there is a wait, in Canada the 2nd language is French, maybe it has dibs on the first translation. I know, from visiting the USeh, from Minneapolis to NOLA, the English and Spanish are about equal or almost, so soon maybe companies will do Spanish First, though I'm still confobulated by the Blue Spanish Eyes, until Mom told me that it did not mean colour. It mean sad.

I'm sure pgmusic looks after it's own.
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/29/10 08:50 AM
Hi Mike,
Indeed I have been included. Each year as spanish host I received a copy of BIAB. PgMusic people has always been wonderful with me, which make me feel grateful and honored. In my past comment I showed myself a little impatient because I would have liked to make some Christmas demo songs with the new features of Biab 2011 in mind. But since this is a very important commercial season, right now we have devoted full attention to our customers, users and in my case as moderator to the members/users in Spanish forum. So you can be sure just I get my copy, I'll record a demo showcasing the amazing new possibilities and improved sound quality of Band-in-a-Box 2011..promise!

Carlos

PS: although Spanish is my native language, I don't have any problem with English BIAB versions.
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: Amazing 2011 Version - 12/29/10 09:50 AM
Quote:

.. though I'm still confobulated by the Blue Spanish Eyes, until Mom told me that it did not mean colour. It mean sad...

Yes John, I also think 'Blue Spanish Eyes' does mean sad. Even lyrics like 'Tear drops are falling from your Spanish eyes' sound like something sad. However among Hispanics people world there is a dispute about it. The Spanish version has nothing to do with the English original lyrics, is totally different, and 'blue' is assumed as the character's eyes colour.
That happened because English lyrics were difficult to translate to Spanish with a meaningful metric and rhyme to the Hispanic audience. Which ultimately were the main factor for artist producers in that time, to get a successful hit song. Interesting.
© PG Music Forums