PG Music Home
Other threads have revealed a strong interest in both better style/individual instrument selection tools as well as continued improvement in midi tracks along with Real Tracks/Drums. BIAB unlike many other programs offers full blown capabilities in BIAB and the user can add on as many or few styles as required. The core program however is the same for all of us. I am a fan in some cases of basic versions of software like Adobe Photoshop while I prefer the high end versions of Sonar Producer.

One possible solution is to offer "Band In in a Box Pro" with some of the features that are being requested. I would be happy to pay for an upgraded interface that speeds up individual style and instrument selection. The additional revenue generated for PG could likely cover the additional development cost and prove profitable. Another option I saw today was an add on for EZ Drummer which they call EZ Player Pro. Although I am not personally familiar with the add says it is basically an organizer for the midi tracks. The charge for this add on is $50 which is about what I would pay if there were one available for BiaB. Someone starting out with BiaB could opt out of the more expensive version/option since they won't need this kind of organization for a limited number of tracks.

This may be a good time for a Pro Version of my favorite music software. Comments welcome.
There is already a biab pro

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

But its the one with the least features.

Now figure that one out as a long time biab user it confuses me too !!

Musiclover
I always explained the entry level "pro" version as - "Band in a Box" is so great, you can start as a Pro and work up."
Is there an application for Band-In-A-Box that can identify what styles are used in a midi or a BIAB file? This is without having to load BIAB. I use SonicCell and it would be nice to know what similar midi files that have the same style or that I can group together. Example: Bossa, Latin, Jazz, etc.

Wrkinit
The professionals with the highest quality MIDI controllers may have less need of Real Tracks, so in that sense, the Band-in-a-Box PRO designation is appropriate.
Well, the product is BIAB Professional. Period. From there, you can add as many styles, soloists, RealTracks, RealDrums, etc. as available. The application itself is the same, regardless of which version you buy, and is called BIAB Professional. It's not that it has the least features, it's that the basic product has the least add-ons. Just like a DAW that allows you to purchase additional effects and what-not, the base product is the same, but the add-ons give it more capability.
IIRC, the BiaB Pro edition, as with many other things BiaB, was another direct response to customer requests.

Back then, there were only MIDI styles, and there were some who preferred to roll their own styles from scratch and able to do so, they said at the time that they did not want to have to pay for "all those styles they wouldn't use" - because they (at the time) did not like the sound of the earlier MIDI styles, were identifying themselves as pros in the field, thus the monnicker.

Myself, despite charging money for what I do, I'm an Amateur and prefer the term, personally.

Amateur, from the French, literally means, "love of the craft".

A Professional, on the other hand, merely got paid to do the job.

--Mac
A response on the yahoo BIAB group indicates, once a midi file is generated from BIAB, that style
info is basically lost, but is only recognized by another pgmusic program, such as RealBand.
FWIW?

Hmmm? Maybe this could be a wish list item, then again, it doesn't seem likely since "Midi" apparently
has become a dinosaur in the pgmusic/BIAB product enhancements...hint, hint!

Still,
Wrkinit
© PG Music Forums