PG Music Home
Posted By: thailoneus Win 7 compatibility PT V11 and BIAB 2007 - 10/24/11 06:26 AM
I possess PT V 11 and BIAB 2007 for Windows xp.
I now have to buy a new notebook which comes pre-installed with Windows 7.
Will the versions I have, be usable under Windows 7?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Win 7 compatibility PT V11 and BIAB 2007 - 10/24/11 07:34 AM
thailoneus,

It would be best to use the toll-free number and ring PG Music's support directly with your questions. They have a database of details that's not available to users of these forums. Contact details are given under the "Support" link at the very top of this page.

Regards,
Noel
Noel96,
thanks for taking the time to respond. I am retired and on pension and living in Thailand. No resources for costly phone calls to Canada. Nothing is easy to do via email with most companies. I guess I will just have to see what happens when I change. If it doesn't work I will lose a lot. Cest la vie.
Regards,
Posted By: jford Re: Win 7 compatibility PT V11 and BIAB 2007 - 10/27/11 05:33 PM
If you have decent internet access, why not try the live chat feature rather than a telephone call?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Win 7 compatibility PT V11 and BIAB 2007 - 10/27/11 07:33 PM
thailoneus,

I've used email to Support to resolve problems a few times and I've always found PG Music efficient and helpful. I've also used Live Chat suggested by John and have found that useful too. Lastly, there is an international toll-free number that works in many countries (under the Support link and at the bottom of the page).

Hope this helps,
Noel
Noel, John, Thanks.
Everything is running great on the new notebook.
I am now trying your advice....chat support, about the DXi issue.
Gents,
Saw this somewhere...
"The Roland VSC DXi synth does not run under 64 bit operating systems. However, PG Music now provides the CoyoteWT DXi Synth as a replacement which also ships free with all current versions of Band-in-a-Box. You can use the CoyoteWT, or any other compatible software synth or external synth like the Ketron SD2 if you use a 64 bit OS.
Another possibility to run Roland VSC DXi on a 64-bit hardware is to install and run Band-in-a-Box virtualized inside 32-bit Windows XP Mode."

Do you know how how I can do the last sentence instruction? I am surprised that PGM don't have a version of VSC dxi for 64 bit!!!
Also I have Dreamstation DXi installed on my NB. But BIAB does not show it in the Output drivers drop down.
PG Music does ship with the free Coyote Wavetable in newer versions so users of Windows 7 64-bit will have something. The paid Coyote Forte is a much better sounding choice, though.

As to XP mode, in 18 months of using Win 7, I've never had a need to try it. Note that you must have Win 7 64-bit Pro or Ultimate version; Home does not support that.
Posted By: jford Re: Win 7 compatibility PT V11 and BIAB 2007 - 11/18/11 03:06 PM
Quote:

Do you know how how I can do the last sentence instruction? I am surprised that PGM don't have a version of VSC dxi for 64 bit!!!

It's not so much that PGMusic doesn't have a 64-bit version, it's that Roland didn't provide a 64-bit version. The VSC is not a PGMusic program, but is a program licensed by Roland for PGMusic to re-distribute with their product line.

While not exactly the same, the TTS-1 soft synth is available by purchasing Cakewalk's Music Creator program. About the same cost as the Forte DXi. Since you have earlier versions of PT/BIAB, then you won't have the ForteWT synth that ships; however, it just uses the built in MIDI sounds on your computer.
© PG Music Forums