PG Music Home
Posted By: elkayem iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/25/12 05:54 AM
I have noticed that some chords with long chord names do not appear in the iPhone app. This is true for both the BandInABox and BBRemote apps. I have shown a screenshot from Blue Moon below. The first four measures should show | EbMaj7 Cm7 | Fm7 Bb7 | EbMaj7 Cm7 | Fm7 Bb7 |. Notice that the EbMaj7 chords are not there. They play just fine, and definitely show up on my Windows computer. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks!
Larry

Posted By: Noel96 Re: iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/25/12 06:02 AM
Larry,

Welcome to the forums I can see the EbMaj7 in the image.

A similar problem to what you describes occurs when four chords are entered in the bar and the chords have longish names. My guess is that it's a compromise between making the chord big enough to see and the space available to work with. The chords are there but not all information is shown if the work space is restrictive.

Regards,
Noel
Welcome, Larry.

I don't have the solution but yes, the problem has been seen and reported.
Posted By: elkayem Re: iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/25/12 06:39 AM
Hi Noel,

Yes, EMaj7 appears in measures where it is the only chord. Notice it does not appear in measures 1 or 3.

Matt, good to hear I'm not the only one. I thought I was doing something wrong. Will be interested to see if there is a fix.

Larry
Hello Larry,

There was a similar issue reported, that happens on iOS 5. We've fixed this and submitted a new version to the app store, and we expect it to be available in a couple days.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/25/12 07:10 AM
Ahhh... thanks Larry. I should have paid more attention to what you wrote!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: elkayem Re: iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/25/12 07:16 AM
Andrew, excellent!

Thanks!
Larry
Posted By: elkayem Re: iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/29/12 06:09 PM
Got the updated BandInABox app (V1.0.4, released just a few days ago), and I can see that it fixed the chord bug I mentioned in my original post. A few comments/questions:

1) When the new app was loaded onto my iPhone, it would always crash when I tried to launch it. Tried rebooting my iPhone with no difference. Only when I did a complete uninstall of the app and reinstall could I get it to work. The uninstall deleted all of the tunes on my phone, so I needed to reload and regenerate them.

2) When I try reloading or regenerating any of my old songs, I get the following message on my phone: "Warning, Style is not supported by server". The song generates just fine and plays just fine, so I'm not sure what is meant by the warning message. Incidentally, I have the Everything Pack, so no issues with missing styles on my computer.

3) BBremote still has the same chord issue I mentioned in my original post. Are there plans to fix this app too?

Apart from the issues I mention above, everything seems to be working well. It is a nice little app, just a few minor remaining issues that still need to be ironed out. For 99 cents, it is a great way to augment the capability of Band in a Box, and take it with you in your pocket.

Larry
Posted By: foxylady Re: iPhone app not displaying full chords - 01/29/12 07:52 PM
Larry,

If you look at the thread entitled:

"BIAB for iPad - Missing chords in song got from BIAB server"

You'll see that the chord problem hasn't been completely resolved in the new version.

There are also several other outstanding issues with this product, which I've tried to document.
© PG Music Forums