PG Music Home
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Mixer window patches - 09/30/12 02:56 PM
Dear All,

I have style _12STACS.STY. Slow 12-String Ac. w/band (85RS) loaded.

In the Strings patch in the Mixer window it shows RealTrack Pedal Steel guitar.

I want to remove the Pedal steel from the mixer window so that it does not play.
I select no patch. The Strings label turns white I press play or replay but the
steel guitar is still there.

What do I do?

Pete
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mixer window patches - 09/30/12 03:25 PM
Hi Pete,

A couple of things to check.

1. Right-click in "Strings" and select "Erase Track" (see image below). That might work.

2. Make sure there is no * next to the word "String". This means the track is frozen and cannot be modified. To unfreeze a track, the option is also in the right-click menu. It's under the above "Erase" option.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Mixer window patches - 09/30/12 03:41 PM
Noel,

If I click erase does that mean it is permanently erased?

Pete
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mixer window patches - 09/30/12 09:31 PM
Hi Pete,

Yes it does. If you don't want it deleted, have you tried either clicking on the 'M' in the mixer or right-clicking on 'String' and muting the track?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Mac Re: Mixer window patches - 10/01/12 12:37 PM
Quote:

...I want to remove the Pedal steel from the mixer window so that it does not play.
I select no patch. The Strings label turns white I press play or replay but the
steel guitar is still there.

What do I do?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Don't forget that "Patch" is a MIDI term.

If you are using a RealTrack, "Patch" is not going to change because the RealTrack is derived from an Audio file and not a MIDI command set.

Use the MUTE option to not hear a RealTrack in a song.

If you have a situation where you might want to hear that track at one place or more in the song, but not in others, don't use the Mixer for that, go to the ChordGrid view and RightClick on the bar where you don't want to hear the track, choose "Bar Setting" and select "Mute" from the dropdown slot that corresponds to the Track where the target instrument resides.

At another bar further down the timeline, you can do the above again and choose, "Return to Normal" to have that Track kick back in. Etc.

--Mac
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Mixer window patches - 10/01/12 02:47 PM
Thanks guys.
© PG Music Forums