PG Music Home
Posted By: FB Styles for Canterbury music and Pink Floyd - 12/09/12 10:34 AM
Hello,
I've BIAB UltraPlusPak 2012.5.
I want to make a backing track for playing guitar or keyboards along. So, I'm looking for the most approaching styles for:
- Pink Floyd's music (all)
- Canterbury music (Soft Machine, Caravan Camel...)
- King Crimson (the first two records)
- Yes (Close to the Edge).
I have good midi files for most of the songs I want to play. Is there a way to use it for that purpose in BIAB or RB?
It will help me a lot for training.
Thanks for all.
FB
You need to give a specific song if you want advice on a style. Not a group.
Posted By: FB Re: Styles for Canterbury music and Pink Floyd - 12/09/12 01:08 PM
Hello,
OK. Some examples:
Caravan: Nine feet underground, With an ear to the ground
Pink Floyd: Speak to me, the great gig in the sky, Brain damage, Eclipse
Soft Machine: Why are we sleepin', Moon in june
King Crimson: the court of the crimson king, Epitaph, In the wake of Poseidon
That's not easy!
Thanks for all
FB
Posted By: DrDan Re: Styles for Canterbury music and Pink Floyd - 12/09/12 02:37 PM
You say you have midi files. OK, then you can create a style based on those. Here our friend PWarren lays out some instruction.

http://bandinabox.wikia.com/wiki/Importing_a_style_from_midi
Posted By: FB Re: Styles for Canterbury music and Pink Floyd - 12/10/12 11:21 AM
Hello,
I've soon tried this option in the past but I was not satisfied of my result. Thanks for the link, it will help me a lot.
I will try again, beginning with simple midi files. I think King Crimson's music is too complex for well learning this function.
But I've no midi files from Caravan and Soft Machine. In the seventies, the number of people liking this music was not very large, but now ... who remembers them except fans of my age?
But I persit to think they were great. But not "commercial".
FB
© PG Music Forums