PG Music Home
Posted By: SteelPlayer Question about printing from BiaB - 04/24/13 12:44 PM
Hi all,

I'm printing some chord sheets from BiaB in Nashville Notation and I'd like to know if there's a way to avoid having the key signature and time designation printed on the first line (See below)?

It would make for a more neat appearance of the chord sheet and we don't necessarily know the key in advance anyway.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did a search but couldn't find it!

Regards

Ole
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Question about printing from BiaB - 04/24/13 01:00 PM
Hi Ole,

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the key signature as such. What I'd do is simply transpose the song to C major (when printing it). The Nashville numbers wouldn't change and the key signature would seem to disappear.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: SteelPlayer Re: Question about printing from BiaB - 04/24/13 01:07 PM
Hi Noel,

Hehe .. some times the solution to a problem is so obvious, simple and right in front of your nose, that you can't see it! :-)

Changing it to C will of course get rid of the key signature, but not the time designation, but it's a lot more neat looking now!

Thanks!

Ole
Posted By: av84fun Re: Question about printing from BiaB - 04/24/13 06:20 PM
Quote:

Hi Noel,

Hehe .. some times the solution to a problem is so obvious, simple and right in front of your nose, that you can't see it! :-)

Changing it to C will of course get rid of the key signature, but not the time designation, but it's a lot more neat looking now!

Thanks!

Ole

And time signature is important anyway...or the musicians wouldn't know if its 4/4...12/8 or a waltz etc.

Best,
Jim
Posted By: SteelPlayer Re: Question about printing from BiaB - 04/24/13 08:35 PM
Quote:

And time signature is important anyway...or the musicians wouldn't know if its 4/4...12/8 or a waltz etc.

Just to clarify: It's not like I didn't know that, but these charts are to be used live by experienced musicians who have an overall knowledge about the songs being played, so time signature and feel is not an issue and the key is determined on the spot, largely by the singer. The charts are there to provide the absolute chord structure.

Ole
© PG Music Forums