PG Music Home
Posted By: Andy123 Real Drums Demo Files - 12/02/13 09:45 AM
My 2014 setup is not finding the RD demo files.

Which download file (and then BB folder) are they in?

Many Thanks!

Best - Andy
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real Drums Demo Files - 12/02/13 10:31 AM
Hi Andy,

Firstly I set the drums to one of the new ones.

Then I clicked on the demo, but it said that there was no demo file in the proper directory.

What I next did was to activate 'internet' - as shown by the red oval (this is located on the bottom right of the screen).

I then double-clicked on the drums name and in about 30 secs, the drum started playing.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Andy123 Re: Real Drums Demo Files - 12/02/13 01:04 PM
Thanks Noel.

I've tried newest, new, and older RDs.

For all, with Internet un-checked I get yellow notes saying "No demo found for xxx"

With Internet checked I get: "http://demos2.pgmusic.com/pgmusic/audio/realdrumsdemos/xxx.wma. No demo is available on the web with that name." and "No demo found for xxx"

?????

Thanks Again - Best - Andy
Posted By: Mac Re: Real Drums Demo Files - 12/02/13 02:06 PM
Hi Andy,

If you are using a brand new install of 2014 and don't have the Audio Demos file downloaded and installed, you won't have any of the Audi Demos to hear.

That came as a separate install file for me, named, "style_demos_audio.exe" - check your download page and folder to see if you've downloaded it and installed it and if not, you have to do so in order to use them.

As for some missing examples in the Online Demo Song from over the web, I think that PGMusic is still working hot and heavy to get them all done and webpublished. That's the way it was last year in some instances as well. It should all get straightened out after a bit. Historically speaking, I think they would rather get the New Release into your hands rather than have you all wait until every last little thing is settled and ready to go. A good thing.

--Mac
Posted By: Andy123 Re: Real Drums Demo Files - 12/02/13 03:59 PM
Thanks Mac,

As far as I can see, style_demos_audio.exe puts a mass of style+RT WMA demo files in the RTs/Data/ folder.

It doesn't give me any RD demos!

The new RT demos are so fast and useful, it would be great to have them for RDs too.

(And I can tell my pals I've just been auditioning Pat Martino... !!!)

Best - Andy
© PG Music Forums