PG Music Home
Posted By: Beachboy Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/04/13 06:00 AM
From new features

There is an easier method of guitar tab entry; click on the string (on the tab), then click on the note (on notation, or on-screen guitar) to get it entered on that string/fret.

Has anyone found a way to get this to work?
Posted By: den_spain Re: Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/04/13 12:09 PM
Yes it seems to work on a very quick trial.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/04/13 02:41 PM
Thanks Den,
Does it work by clicking on the TAB (String Line),then note staff, or only entering direct from the PG fretboard only?
Col
Posted By: den_spain Re: Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/04/13 03:37 PM
I clicked on the string in the TAB display (bottom) then clicked on the fret position of that string on the guitar fretboard.

I just tried it the other way and that worked too.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/04/13 09:11 PM
Den,
If I click on the Guitar Display it seems the note is inserted on the notaion correctly, whether I click the TAB line or not.
But from reading the "Blurb" regarding new features, my understanding is that you should be able to:
1) Click the TAB line (say G string)
2) Insert note at say (C5)
3) The TAB should appear on the third TAB line.
However, it appears on the B String, (I know you can rechannel etc) but am I misunderstanding the way the new feature was outlined?

There is an easier method of guitar tab entry; click on the string (on the tab), then click on the note (on notation, or on-screen guitar) to get it entered on that string/fret.
Col
Posted By: den_spain Re: Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/04/13 11:10 PM
OK...it seems I fooled myself....not too difficult. If I click on the string on the guitar the tab is entered. Clicking the tab THEN clicking the string just does the same thing because I guess, RB ignores the click on the TAB. Hope that makes sense.

Den
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Easier method of guitar tab entry??? - 12/05/13 12:44 AM
Thanks Den
I'll check to see if there's anything on the new video, if not, I'll contact support.
Col
© PG Music Forums