PG Music Home
Posted By: kenmatthews Real band not working. - 12/12/13 12:35 PM
I have real band and Band in a box 2013 and It's not working...
I've had it a while but have not used it (owing to pressure of work), only trying it just now because of the email about 2014... Get this message with Real Band "Warning: Folder does not appear to have a valid install...
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Real band not working. - 12/12/13 01:00 PM
Ken,

We all understand the pressure of work thing, some of us better than others. No apologies necessary.

I suggest you get with Support to register the product, if you haven't already, and to solve your issue. You may have a corrupted file, which they would be able to replace. Or (best case) it may be way simpler than that. Either way, they are very good at working through problems. It doesn't matter how long you've owned the software.

If you are in the US or Canada, use the toll-free number. Remember, they are on Canadian West Coast time.

HTH,

Richard
Posted By: rharv Re: Real band not working. - 12/13/13 12:31 AM
Or try installing Realband..
"Warning: Folder does not appear to have a valid install..." seems like a clue. Either that or your shortcut is broken. How are you opening it?
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Real band not working. - 12/13/13 07:49 AM
Hi,

Quote:
I have real band and Band in a box 2013 and It's not working...
I've had it a while but have not used it (owing to pressure of work), only trying it just now because of the email about 2014... Get this message with Real Band "Warning: Folder does not appear to have a valid install...

A message like this is most likely happening in RealBand. RealBand needs to know the location of your Band-in-a-Box folder in order to do some things, like generate songs. Probably an incorrect folder has been specified for one reason or another. First, find out the location of your Band-in-a-Box folder. The default is C:\bb. Then in RealBand go to Options | Preferences | Song | Paths, and type that in. There are other settings for the RealTracks and Drums folder, which are usually C:\bb\RealTracks and C:\bb\Drums.
© PG Music Forums