PG Music Home
Would this be handy for anyone ???

Audio Edit Window not just for BB Audio but also for RealDrums & RealTracks with "Clip Based" Volume & "Pan" node Envelopes.

The Audio Edit window allows you to visually see a digital waveform of the selected track and select, preview, and edit pieces of audio with clip based node volume & pan envelopes (that do not effect the main vol & pan controls), and simple cut and paste commands.
Menu > Window > Moveable Audio Edit Window

Like Green Volume Blue Pan

If I'm following you, this sounds like a good idea that you should post over on the Wishlist Forum, which is where development is most likely to be sure to see it and consider it in a future addition.

I think its a good idea and would certainly add my +1 ro such a post.

Over the years, we've seen certain of the Wishlist items get added onto new releases, plenty of the "more than 50 New Features" have come from there.

Since RealBand now has the Automated Volume Nodes feature, this one makes a lot of sense.

And, both programs could benefit by the addition of being able to draw in PAN nodes IMO as well. Crossfades and such would be much easier to accomplish, for one thing.

--Mac
This is probably a great idea, but despite many efforts, I could not get a waveform to display, including opening an existing song, creating new song, ensuring only real tracks were used, generating and more.

I get a blank screen(?)

I understand that this is an Audio display, but does that include Real Tracks?

Clicking on 'Select Whole' and then clicking on 'Play Selected Area' causes a drum count-in to play "continuously" until I press stop.

I also could not find a Track drop-down combo control as in your screen capture.

I tried Control-Shift-S, the 'Wave' button and Window > Movable Audio Edit Window, as per your suggestion.

I even ensured that the specific real track was selected (radio button).

Were there any further specific steps you needed to take?

Attached picture 2014-01-27_00-02-25.jpg
Attached picture 2014-01-27_00-03-16.jpg
Attached picture 2014-01-27_00-18-10.jpg
Attached picture 2014-01-27_00-15-44.jpg
As of right now, the only Audio Window we have inside BB is the one for the sole Audio Track.

I think having it display the RealTrack Audio is yet another part of the Wish, no?

Of course, RealBand already does that, and maybe that is where all of this should take place. If you need the feature, move the project to RB?

--Mac
I posted a similar question a few days ago. Here's what I came up with:

At top of the screen-

!. Right-click DRUM or any RT.

2.Select 'Save track as performance file'. The DRUM label at top turns red. You also have option to save as WMA file.

3.Left-click AUDIO label at top on the Menu Bar, and now at the bottom, click on 'Move performance track to audio track.'

4. Click on AUDIO EDIT window in the VIEWS section and you'll have a big, fat juicy WAV file.

Within this window you can copy, cut and paste. I don't know nuthin' about no nodes or envelopes though..LOL

HTH

Percy
Thanks Mac and Percy for the feedback.

I came to the conclusion that it had to be an audio file, but SolidRock's screen capture showed what seemed to be the "Bass Track" itself, not an audio track, and why the drop-down combo with the Bass Track selected, if it only works on the Audio Track?

Still a little confused...

Attached picture 2014-01-27_03-34-25.jpg
I was thinking that screenshot came from RealBand, not BB.
Originally Posted By: Mac
I was thinking that screenshot came from RealBand, not BB.

Yeah I wondered that too, but when I checked, RealBand doesn't have the same option from the Window drop-down menu. I even thought it might have been dragged over from RealBand onto the BB screen, but it definitely appears to be part of BB itself. The mystery continues (well, for me, anyway...)
Yea sorry, that is where the idea came from, I clicked on Moveable Audio Edit Window and it was blank because there was no recorded audio, so I just thought we should be able to select any audio track and edit as in RB, like in BB you can hear the tracks but you can't visually see them, so for now it is just Photoshop.
Sometimes I feel like Oliver, please Sir can I have some more ? MORE !!!

BB at the moment:
Originally Posted By: solidrock
Yea sorry, that is where the idea came from, I clicked on Moveable Audio Edit Window and it was blank because there was no recorded audio, so I just thought we should be able to select any audio track and edit as in RB, like in BB you can hear the tracks but you can't visually see them, so for now it is just Photoshop.

Ah-haaa, the old Photoshop Trick... Can you believe it? That's the second time I fell for it this week.

I currently do that in RB

It's a good idea for the wishlist. Go for it.

Cheers
Trevor
+1 as explained.
Zombie Alert! It's almost been two years. Since nothing has been done with this Wish I assume PG wants us to use RB for this kind of thing.

Bob
True but it might be the idea is more difficult to implement than we think. It never hurts to dream. If I'm working on a song with only one audio track I may prefer to edit the audio in BiaB instead of moving over to RB. Likewise if all my tracks are audio then I would likely prefer editing the audio in RB.

Also I'm beginning to believe RealBand may not be the final answer for many things audio. If PG Music really does think of RealBand as a final solution instead of an interm solution then why hasn't a Mac version of RealBand been released?
© PG Music Forums