PG Music Home
Posted By: bibsie I want to record what I hear - 02/21/15 06:23 PM
Hi,
very old BiB 2010. I've used BiB occasionally just for practising right at the computer, no need to record - till today.
I just want to get an audio file of that what I hear from the speakers, but don't now how.
I have to say, the menues aren't so very self explainig ...
Thank you, horst
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I want to record what I hear - 02/21/15 06:45 PM
Hi Horst,

Go to the "Audio" menu (#1) and then choose the "Render" option labelled #2.

A similar dialogue box to below will then appear. (It might be slightly different on BIAB 2010.)

Regarding the image above...

#1: Lets you select the type of file or files. If you disable the "One wav file per track" option, only the final mix file will be obtained. This sounds like what you are after.

#2: It might be that you need to have the 2-bar leadin checked for best results.

#3: This allows you to choose the folder where you'd like the wav file to be written. If you do not select a folder, the file will be located in the same directory/folder as the BIAB SGU or MGU file.

#4: This is the button to press to start the process. It will take a couple of minutes to complete. When it's ended, a dialogue box will pop-up say that all is finished.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted By: bibsie Re: I want to record what I hear - 02/22/15 06:31 AM
Good morning Noel,
and thank you for the detailed description.
When I click at button '4' to render I get a message box:
"To directly render (save) the WAV file using a DXi synth, you'd first need to select ... "
If I click at 'OK' ...
- I don't know what to do with the following dialog
- why do I need all this stuff? There is already the desired sound at my audiointerface.
horst
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I want to record what I hear - 02/22/15 07:42 AM
Hi Horst,

It seems that you might not have a VST/DXi synth installed. Unfortunately, the rendering process requires this.

To double-check this, select "Opt | Preferences" and then select the "Midi driver" button (see below).

Once that's done, the VST/DXi synthesiser can be setup using the dropdown menu (#3) and by activating the checkboxes (#2). Also, make sure that the GS Wavetable is selected for #1 (as shown).

Depending on your version of Windows, you should be able to install the "VSC DXi" synth (if your operating system is 32 bit) or the Coyote WT (if your operating system is either 32 bit or 64 bit).

When the software synthesiser is up and running, you should be able to render your file.

Kind regards,
Noel

Posted By: bibsie Re: I want to record what I hear - 02/22/15 08:38 AM
Hurrah, that's it.
I wouldn't have found without your help, thank you.
horst
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I want to record what I hear - 02/22/15 01:41 PM
It's great that it's up and working for you.

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums