PG Music Home
Posted By: paul435smith Part Regeneration - 05/10/15 12:25 PM
Hi,

Very new to BIAB. I saw somewhere (maybe a youtube video) that the part regeneration exhausts variations but you can click somewhere to allow it to start all over again.

Does that make sense? How would I restart it?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Posted By: DrDan Re: Part Regeneration - 05/10/15 12:39 PM
That does not sound right. Regeneration will do what it does. It does not need to be told to "start over".
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Part Regeneration - 05/10/15 12:44 PM
I've never heard of this, either. It is true that you can repeatedly regenerate a part and sometimes you will hear the same phrase(s), but I never heard nor read of any limit or repeating sequence. However, I have not viewed all the videos.

Tip: since regenerating takes time, freeze all the other tracks first.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Part Regeneration - 05/10/15 05:00 PM
Hi Paul,

I wonder if this might be what you saw...

Right-click on a track that has a Realtrack on it (in this case I've right-clicked on "Strings") and then select "(re)Generate this realtrack..." from the menu that appears.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: MartinB Re: Part Regeneration - 05/10/15 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: paul435smith
I saw somewhere (maybe a youtube video) that the part regeneration exhausts variations but you can click somewhere to allow it to start all over again.

Soloist/Soloist Maker/Refresh Soloist (Shift+F7)

From the Help file:

Technical Notes:
The Soloist has been designed to not repeat any solo ideas so that the solos are always fresh, with new ideas forming and playing all the time. As a result, we have included a Refresh Soloist menu item (under the Soloist | Soloist Maker menu - Shift+F7) that, when selected, will allow the Soloist to 'think about' all of its musical notions again. Choosing the Refresh Soloist option is like telling the soloist, "It's O.K., you can play whatever you like, even if it's something that you played 5 minutes ago."
Posted By: paul435smith Re: Part Regeneration - 05/18/15 03:35 PM
Hi Martin,

Thank you! This is exactly what I was trying to find again.

Paul
Posted By: paul435smith Re: Part Regeneration - 05/20/15 09:27 PM
Hi Martin,

Can I do this Refresh Soloist Read Band too? There is no Soloist Button that I can see. I want to only select a portion of the audio track to regenerate (which I can't see how to do in BIAB).

I prefer Real Band to BIAB at the moment.

Thanks,

Paul
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Part Regeneration - 05/21/15 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: paul435smith
Hi Martin,

Can I do this Refresh Soloist Read Band too? There is no Soloist Button that I can see. I want to only select a portion of the audio track to regenerate (which I can't see how to do in BIAB).

I prefer Real Band to BIAB at the moment.

Thanks,

Paul

In Real Band, select the section of the track that you want to regenerate. Here's how in pictures:

Attached picture 2015-05-21_12-59-24.jpg
Attached picture 2015-05-21_13-02-43.jpg
Attached picture 2015-05-21_13-02-08.jpg
Attached picture 2015-05-21_13-06-21.jpg
Attached picture 2015-05-21_13-07-56.jpg
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Part Regeneration - 05/21/15 11:15 AM
This tool amazes me more and more everytime I see the things it can do. Thanks VideoTrack
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Part Regeneration - 05/21/15 11:45 AM
Too easy. Yes, the suite is extremely powerful. (I get amazed too.)

Glad to help

Trev
© PG Music Forums