PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/02/15 05:00 AM
I bought some of the new real tracks and installed the other day.. They give sound in the preview windows, but when I generate new song, they shows they are playing in the piano window, but gives no sound.. Any idea what I can do to fix this ?
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/02/15 05:50 AM
Not sure where to start, RealTracks playing in the piano window, that would be the RealCharts for the RealTrack, make sure it's not frozen, click Generate & Play, make sure it's not muted, do a Rebuild & Fix, open the song in Realband as you can SEE the actual Tracks.
Thank's solidrock.. I have made sure of all this, and also loaded the track in RB, but to no avail... I checked the sound in the real track window and it gives sound there.. Also when I open the real track outside BB and the sound is there... Finding it very strange !
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/02/15 07:06 AM
Trygve,

Is the volume up on the track that you have the Realtrack loaded on? Also, try loading the Realtrack into another location.

While we solve this problem, can you please follow the 1, 2, 3 below and deactivate #3 ("Show custom track labels and descriptions"). This will force BIAB to show the original track names and make it easier for us to suggest what to do.

When you have the above #3 deactivated, on which track have you placed the Realtrack?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. When we get you up and running, you can reactivate the custom names for tracks.
Thank's Noel ! I have tried to place the real tracks both on the soloist track AND the string track... to no avail... And is it not only one real track but so far I have tried out 4-5 and is all the same.. Very few from that real track pack works.. I have also tried it on my laptop, but same there... One of the real track is Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/02/15 08:06 AM
You guys should get TeamViewer it's free and only takes a few seconds to install and I'm sure Noel will have your problem fixed that quick also.

You just send your TV ID and pass as a private message then the support person keys that in his TV giving him access to your Band in a Box.
Hi
Have you tried "restore factory settings"?
That often does the trick.
I tried also the restore factory setting, to no avail... Guess I have to contact techs....
I tried also the restore factory setting, to no avail... Guess I have to contact techs....
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/02/15 09:08 PM
Tygrv,

For computers using Windows, RealTracks are stored on your computer as wma files (WMAa are Microsoft's answer to MP3 files) for everything but the Audiophile edition. Audiophile edition gets both WMA and WAV versions of RealTracks. Anyhow, you can listen to a RealTrack on any DAW or media player that can play wma files.

RealTracks are located in a Band-in-a-Box subfolder called RealTracks. For instance mine are at: E:\Band-In-A-Box\bb\RealTracks. Each RealTrack has it's own sub folder. You may see one or several WMA files in a sub folder.

Copy pne of the WMA files to your desktop then try playing the file in another player like Windows Media Player.

Also, double click on the speaker icon located in the lower right hand side of your screen to open the Windows mixer and make sure all your faders are set to about the same level and that none have the mute check mark.
Jim, I guess u just overlooked this in my post.."I checked the sound in the real track window and it gives sound there.. Also when I open the real track outside BB and the sound is there..."
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/03/15 04:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
.. also loaded the track in RB, but to no avail...

So the RT loaded into RB but no sound ?
Can you see the track and waveform ?
So you can see and play the RT's wma in the bb\RealTracks.
Are the RT's installed on the main C:\bb\RealTracks hard drive or on another drive ?
Can you send some screen shots of RB, just press the Print Screen (PRTSCR) button on your keyboard, open Paint, CTRL+V and Save As > JPG,
click on the File Manager at the bottom of the post box.

Quote:
I checked the sound in the real track window and it gives sound there..

that just plays the band/solo samples in \bb\RealTracks\Data
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/03/15 01:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Jim, I guess u just overlooked this in my post.."I checked the sound in the real track window and it gives sound there.. Also when I open the real track outside BB and the sound is there..."
I'm sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying.
Yes solidrock, the spesific RT loaded into RB but no sound and no visible waveform...
And yes, they are in C:\bb\RealTracks, and I can play every wma there in WMP.... [img:center]https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuvjpdr8deq4ps4/2015-11-04%2009_50_47-RealBand%20-%20%5BAfrican%20Bamba.MGU%5D%20%20%20%20%20African%20Bamba-Santana.jpg?dl=0[/img]
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/03/15 11:45 PM
Ok that's good, now we can SEE in RB but not in BB that there is no waveform. Did you try and re-install them did you say ?

Can you try and convert to wav,in RB Top Menu > File Edit Generate (Render) > Batch Convert Select "C:\bb\RealTracks\Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)" for input and output

after you should have the following

fi0851.bt1
fi0851.wma
fi0851.wav

then try and Generate
RT2338:Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
Ok, so I did reinstalled it converted it as u advised, and still to no avail ! I checked both wma and the wav files and they both give sound in the folder... But since it seems from the screenshot u provided, u have the same real tracks, but the filename is different from mine! Mine (the first) is fi0931 in the folder C:\bb\RealTracks\Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection) How come?

I let a store in our nearest city download it for me, because we have a very slow connection here... Can it be corrupted in the download process? I mean, if there is no warning (if the install file does not have check-sum to tell, then that is the only I can think of is the cause of this..

So, can vi compare the size of the folder to see if there is any difference in the size? Mine says Size ; 890 MB (933 911 683 bytes) Size on disk; 890 MB (934 121 472 bytes) After I converted the files...

Thank's a lot for trying to help me out here.. I appreciate it very much...
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/04/15 09:09 AM
I have 94 files
fi0851.wma-fi0950.wma 38 items
fi0851.wav-fi0868.wav 18 items ?? Date changes @ fi0931 wma only
fi0851.bt1-fi0950.bt1 38 items

now in the folder including the wav's, see where yours fi0931 start the date is later !
Use http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/InnoExtractor.shtml to open the RealTrack Install and see if there is more.

My size is 497 meg, yours is 890meg only because Realband Batch Converter, converted your MONO Violin files to STEREO ! but don't worry about that now.

Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/04/15 10:51 AM
I moved fi0851-fi0868 (the tracks you don't have) out of folder and I got this:

Same as yours:

U made my day solidrock ! Thank's a lot for providing me with the missing files ! It works now... But the two other violins still does not, so I guess it is the same there... Some missing files..

C:\bb\RealTracks\Violin, Background, PopHigh Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection) Has from fi0911 to fi0930

C:\bb\RealTracks\Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection) Has via031 to via via050

Could u check if there should be more there?

Just wonder how it can happen.. I mean, in an installation file, it should say something like missing files, cannot install, should it not?

I guess nest time I order something I will have it on a DVD or USB... Philippines sucks when it comes to internet speed...
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/05/15 01:46 AM
Did you try http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/InnoExtractor.shtml to open the RealTrack Installer exe and see if there is more.

EDIT:
Set 206 RealTracks in this Set:

String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
Violin, Background, PopHigh Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)

are the String Quartet working ?

Yes, I downloaded the Inno extractor, and from what I can see there, there is nothing more there then already in my real track folder. And yes, String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
and String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085 does not also work.. The content of the folder AND the installer is st0191 to st0210, same for both those two folders.. Is this consistent with yours? Or is it also lack of files there?
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real tracks plays but gives no sound ! - 11/06/15 12:40 AM
Yes that's what I thought, the installer didn't have the files, it had the ones dated 2014 but not 2013.

String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
st0131-st0210 wma 39 files
st0131-st0210 bt1 39 files (beat)
st0131-st0149 wav 19 files

String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
st0161-st0210 wma 39 files
st0161-st0210 bt1 39 files
st0161-st0179 wav 19 files

The only place I found the missing files for RealTrack Set 206 (yet only wma)was in http://dl08.pgmusic.com/support/patch/bb2015_update_build415_audiophile.exe
(1.3gig) could not see them in the bb2015_update_build415.exe maybe they are somewhere else ?? Could not see them in the RealTracks Update only RT207
I don't think you can manage 1.3gig so I sent you missing files links.
The String Quartet are 86 meg each as they are stereo, the others 30meg each.
You should report it to PG Support and ask them to fixed the RT206 Installer so it has all the files.

Thank's a lot again for helping me out here solidrock ! I mailed support about it, so hopefully they will update this packs, so others buying it does have a complete pack...
© PG Music Forums