PG Music Home
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Opening BIAB file error - 05/04/16 07:49 PM
Hi everyone! I just bought the BIAB Ultrapak Plus program. I loaded the 100 GB file onto my C drive. When I tried to run the program, I got an error, "The system cannot find the file located at...." After clicking OK, another error message was displayed that read, "Access violation...."

I have run every diagnostic tool in Windows including: System File Checker, Memory Check, and Disk Check. Everything is fine. My computer is an ASUS Quad core, 64-bit running Windows 7 Pro, with 4 GB RAM. It is lighting quick, even after four years.

I ran this by the BIAB support guys, who have been very patient with my calls smile. They think that because BIAB installed correctly, it's likely a problem with my Windows 7 Pro program. I spoke with my computer IT guy today, and he agrees but took the idea a few steps further. He thinks BIAB requires the missing file, which may be shared with another program, hence, why BIAB can't find it. Toward that end, I uninstalled Wavelab 7 LE and Audacity. Next I re-installed BIAB, but I'm getting the same error with a different missing file number. As a last ditch effort, I thought I'd uninstall Cubase 8 Artist to see if the file conflict is with it. If not, I'm looking at a complete reinstall of Windows and every program I have. I'd really like to avoid this. Does anyone else have similar experience? If so, what did you do?

Many thanks. Like I said, the support people have been stellar, for which I'm very grateful. Thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/04/16 09:43 PM
I don't have an answer but I'm interested, and sympathetic. I do not recall anyone else here reporting that issue.

Can you give us the name and location of the file(s) it is looking for? And does the Access Violation actually occur i.e. give the blue screen of death I remember from Windows 7? Or does it just say the message but let you continue?

Your PC sounds clearly up to the task. Also, I'm skeptical about thinking there is a problem with the combination of the programs you cited, since they are pretty common for someone using music software.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/04/16 10:04 PM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for chiming in. The error message does not point to any one program. It just reads, "The system cannot find the file specified at 004EC6E9." After I click OK, I get, "Access violation 0081D130. Read of address: 000001C." In typical Microsoft fashion, you never get any information that helps, and I really think their program is at the heart of this. My biggest fear is after reinstalling Windows, I'll be back to square one with the same issue. Hopefully, I won't.

Cubase 8, Audacity, and Wavelab 7 LE all run as smooth as a kitten. I'm using the Steinberg UR44 interface with the drivers up to date. I even tried the generic Realtek sound interface that came with my computer. Do you think it's worth a try uninstalling Cubase? My IT guy implied that the solution resides in reinstalling Windows, and then installing BIAB as the very first program on the list.

I have installed the most recent updates from PG Music as well. My install was done to C:\bb. Should I try insalling it elsewhere? This probably wouldn't make any difference because it still relies on the very unreliable Bill Gates products frown.

If no one can give me any further help, perhaps you can point me in a different direction. Thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/04/16 10:33 PM
Your IT guy has a reasonable approach: rule out Microsoft Windows by a reinstall. But I'm thinking a similar approach that's less destructive is to do the free update to the improved Windows 10. You don't have to reinstall anything.

The default location of /BB is almost certainly not related to your problem. I don't think Cubase is related either. Too many people use it and BIAB successfully.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/04/16 10:59 PM
I never thought of a move to Windows 10. I've heard mostly good things about it. Is the conversion fairly seamless? I use Office 2010 in my professional life. I can't afford any major conflicts. What do you think?

Really appreciate the input, Matt!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/04/16 11:04 PM
I liked 7, 8 less so, but I really like 10. The update was the easiest yet. It's more stable than before, and quicker. I have various Office modules dating back to Access 2007, and they are all fine.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 12:25 AM
I'll look into this, Matt. It would cost me about $250 to have Windows 7 reinstalled. (I don't like doing it myself--too risky.)

Much obliged!
Posted By: dga Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 01:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Lee Batchelor
I'll look into this, Matt. It would cost me about $250 to have Windows 7 reinstalled. (I don't like doing it myself--too risky.)

Much obliged!

I may suggest something, did you delete the C:bb folder manually? Or just reinstall over the old folder in the same directory. Before I would move to reinstall 7 or go to 10 I would do this.

1)Delete the C:bb folder. Empty your trash.
2)Reinstall BIAB using option 1 which leaves the bulk of BIAB and RB files on the USB drive.
3)Run BIAB as an administrator. I know that is not necessary, but, PG told me to do this ALWAYS, and it is required for using SampleTank. (Right click the desktop BIAB Icon and run as administrator.) You can set this in shortcut properties as the default also.

If you still get the error, Call PG ask for a Senior Tech let them remotely check your installation exe. sometimes the drives get corrupted.
Posted By: dga Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 01:17 AM
If your IT guys thinks there is a windows file missing that BIAB needs then, he should not do a reinstall of Win 7 Pro just a in place upgrade installation. Very quick and should not cost $250. Look around for another pc shop in the area.

The process called an IN PLACE UPGRADE INSTALLATION described below.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html

If you know how to back up your system do that, then perform the process in this article it is painless. If you don't have and external drive to back up on, spend 80 dollars and get a large one. You will need to back up your music data regularly in the future anyway.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 01:54 AM
I'm assuming from the price quote of $250 that perhaps Lee has an OEM computer without a Windows DVD, and Best Buy or equivalent wants to sell one and do the installation. As long as the copy of Windows is registered by Microsoft (check in Control Panel, System), upgrading to Windows 10 should be free (for only a few more months).

I'm skeptical about reinstalling BIAB cleanly, after a reinstall already failed, but I suppose it can't hurt after doing a backup of all user files, third-party styles and bonus paks. Those are also good ideas given here by dga about Running as Administrator and restoring Windows 7.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 04:09 AM
Lee,

What is your antivirus software? I ask because Norton (in particular) has been known to cause issues sometimes in that it deletes BBW.EXE without asking a user.

Some other thoughts that occurred to me...

1. Try plugging in the USB drive, I'm assuming you got your program on one, and try running BBW.EXE from the USB drive - it's in the \bb directory. Does this work?

2. Do you have another older computer laying around, or maybe a friends computer, that you could try installing the software on (see if it works)? As dga said above, just go for the minimum install that requires around 20 MB of hard disk space. Such an install runs everything from the USB drive.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 07:02 AM
))) Hi everyone! I just bought the BIAB Ultrapak Plus program. I loaded the 100 GB file onto my C drive. When I tried to run the program, I got an error, "The system cannot find the file located at...." After clicking OK, another error message was displayed that read, "Access violation...."

Two points:
1. What are you doing to run the program? You should be finding and double clicking on a file called c:\bb\bbw.exe Try that. Use explorer to find it. For example, you may instead be running some shortcut to run band-in-a-box from somewhere else like your usb hard drive that has long since been removed. Or your clicking on a song to run the program and its doing the same thing - running the wrong program.

2. In your report above, your messages stop with "..." The information after the "..." Is the important part. Please include the full message in your report. For example the first one is a file that cannot be located at ...." What is the ... ?

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 07:23 AM
Peter, your second question was the first thing I asked him. He gave some specific memory addresses in his second post. Does that help?
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 09:02 AM
Wow, lots of responses! Thanks everyone. I'll try to supply more details:

 My Windows 7 is an OME copy, which means I don’t have the disk. My IT guy offered to make me a free copy. I do have an external drive (1TB) with which I can do a complete system image backup.
 DGA: I uninstalled BIAB, and then re-installed it after uninstalling Wavelab 7 LE and Audacity. When I reinstalled BIAB, I chose the 100 GB install and used the default folders suggested by the program. I didn’t manually delete any folders. I was advised to do the 100 GB install by Kent at the support desk because if the program gets corrupted, I still have the unharmed BIAB program on the USB drive, unharmed. I haven’t tried installing using Option 1.
 Noel: my antivirus software is ESET. I have tried running BIAB from the USB drive, but I get the same errors. I could try disabling my ESET, unplugging the Internet, and retry opening BIAB. Running the program from the USB drive and minimum install is all right? I seem to have a conflicting opinion from Kent.
 Peter: I have tried running the program from the Desktop shortcut created by BIAB and the Explorer directory. The .exe file resides in C:\bb\bbw.exe. Here are the complete error messages I get:

1 - The system cannot find the file specified at: 004EC6E9
2 - Click OK
3 - An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.
4 - The system cannot find the file specified.
5 - Click OK
6 - Access violation at address 0045FADA in module ‘bbw.exe’. Read of address 00000190 at: 0045FADA
7 - Click OK
8 - An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.
Access violation at address 0045FADA in module ‘bbw.exe’. Read of address 00000190.
9 - Click OK.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 09:07 AM
Update...

I tried running BIAB from the USB drive. Same errors. Same numbers.
Posted By: dga Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:45 AM
Update...

Do you get any errors with RB?

1. Did you re-install using option 1 or are you just using the .exe from the USB drive?

2. are you running BIAB as an administrator?

3. did you delete the bb folder? in between installs?

If yes on all 3 try repairing Win7 the missing file must be a windows file and not a BIAB file
Posted By: dga Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:56 AM
Update...

Did you delete the C:\bb folder and reinstall using option (1) then run from the bbw.exe as administrator on the USB drive?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 11:35 AM
1. Try running the program from a USB drive on a different PC. If it doesn't run there, then something's damaged the files on the use hard drive, and you should get a replacement. From us. If it does run, then it is something on the Original PC. Likely causes would be

- antivirus program blocking the running of programs
- some malware (virus) on your system blocking the running of programs

Another thing to try is to update to the latest version of BB with a free patch. That would insure that you are using undamaged BiaB files the support link is here http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 12:09 PM
It's interesting that the errors do not hang the system (the other question I had asked).

I have never heard of ESET antivirus software, and to my knowledge that is the only software in these threads that has never been mentioned here before. I would suggest when doing Peter's test that you include a PC without this particular software in your testing.

Anyone else here use ESET?
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 01:10 PM
Could it be that something is lost in the translation between Slovakian to English?
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 01:49 PM
I've never heard of ESET before. US info is here: http://www.eset.com/us/.

Their milestone listing is impressive, however, I don't know any of the awards they received. But, I'm not active in those fields they are. The listing is here: http://www.eset.co.uk/Company. Scroll down a little to find the timeline.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 04:42 PM
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Could it be that something is lost in the translation between Slovakian to English?

Not sure I followed, Ray.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 05:22 PM
Hi again guys. Sorry for the delay. I had a rehearsal.

I connected BIAB to an old XP machine with just under 1 GB of RAM and it ran perfectly from the USB drive! So the product is fine.

I tried running it on my Quad core with the Internet disconnected and the ESET Endpoint Antivirus software disabled. Nothing. Same error messages mentioned earlier.

I performed the 20 GB (Option 1) install (after uninstalling the other 100 GB install and deleting the C:\bb folder), and I assume to open the program you must still open it from the BIAB USB directory, since bbw.exe does not reside on my C drive. I got the same error messages.

Peter, I ran Super Antispyware and Malaware bytes. Both came back negative.

What's next? Hope I haven't missed any of your comments in this post. At least I addressed the big one - are there corrupted files in my product? No! Thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 05:32 PM
"Did you delete the C:\bb folder and reinstall using option (1) then run from the bbw.exe as administrator on the USB drive?"

"Do you get any errors with RB?"

Yes, I did. Same errors.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 05:36 PM
Well then try to update your BIAB with the latest patches and try again. Maybe a file (or two) are damaged.

Also Dr. Peter Gannon has offered help.
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 05:50 PM
Since it worked on your XP computer, then it sounds like something is definitely wrong with your Win7 computer.

If this were my computer, I would look at doing a few things. The first thing I would do is to take an image of my C: drive (I use Acronis True Image which costs, but you can also use Macrium Reflect Free), because if anything happened otherwise, I could at least get back to there (broken as it is).

I would then try to do a Windows 7 repair to see if any missing files could be replaced. You can download the media from Microsoft (for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10) here, but you'll have to enter your product key (which should be on a sticker somewhere on your computer).

Barring that, I would consider upgrading to Windows 10 (you probably already have a little icon on the computer bugging you to do it). That will upgrade you to the new Windows, so all the requisite files should be there. Generally, you can start it before going to bed at night and it will be up and running the next morning (it reboots several times during the installation process).

Worst case, you can get back to where you are by restoring the disk image you created above.

Regardless, I wouldn't pay anyone $250 to fix it; get the Win7 installation disk and you should be able to do a repair yourself by following the instructions DGA posted earlier in this thread.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 05:57 PM
Lee,

I'm not sure if this will help but it's worth trying.

Right-click on the BIAB shortcut (or BBW.EXE), select "Properties" and set the compatibility to "Run this program in compatibility mode for XP". Also, while you're in the compatibility window, set the "Run this program as administrator" to on.

Lastly, it would also be worth trying to start the program with User Account Control settings disabled. (These are under "Control Panel | User Accounts".) Disconnect from the internet before turning this off, though.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 06:16 PM
Lee, I know you're getting run through the wringer with all these suggestions. Clearly this problem is unique to your Windows 7 PC, and not easy to solve.

About the ESET antivirus, I see after searching that this is legit. However, it isn't known here so I still suspect it. You said you tested "with ESET software disabled". That could mean two things: you 'turn it off' temporarily, or actually uninstall it. I'm guessing you did the former, but parts of it could still be resident and causing the problem. Try uninstalling the ESET program, assuming you have the installation DVD or downloaded .EXE setup file and can restore it later. Then reboot. Then see what BIAB does.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 08:00 PM
>>> I performed the 20 GB (Option 1) install (after uninstalling the other 100 GB install and deleting the C:\bb folder), and I assume to open the program you must still open it from the BIAB USB directory, since bbw.exe does not reside on my C drive. I got the same error messages.

No. You would run it from c:\bb\bbw.exe The program would then run, but to find all of the RealTracks, and RealDrums, you would point them to the folder on the USB drive (inside BBW program). But let's see if you get that far, and it runs. My #1 theory is still that you're not running c:\bb\bbw.exe, but running something else, like some shortcut to something else. #2 theory is that an Anti-virus program is bloecking it.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:20 PM
You people are wonderful! And yes, there are several suggestions that I must look at. I'm in the middle of a major show this weekend (two performances). Fortunately, BIAB is a tool I hope to use for building scores for a show in December 2016. So I do have some time luxury. I'll give these suggestions a go next week.

Peter, I used your suggested path (c:\bb\bbw.exe) for the first 100GB install. Based on everyone's suggestions, I suspect one of two things:

1 - A problem with Windows
2 - An antivirus issue

I have performed an image backup to an external 1 TB drive. I used the Windows Backup and Restore tool. I have a product key so I can try the Windows Repair utility. I will also give the suggestion of running it in XP compatibility mode a whirl.

Once again, many thanks! After I find the cause, I'll certainly share the solution for future user reference. Hopefully no none will need the solution. On a brighter note, the five minutes I spent "having fun" on my old XP machine was a total delight. It reminded me of my first DOS version from circa 1990. Keeping you posted...

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:36 PM
Don't forget to test without the antivirus loaded.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:37 PM
One last thing...I went to the Windows site where John's link pointed and there are dozens of tools. Which one am I looking for?

Also, is the Windows Restore and Backup utility good enough? Thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:38 PM
Right Matt...thanks. Perhaps I'll do that first. I backed up the ESET folder independently from my image backup. I can now disconnect from the Internet and uninstall ESET and give BIAB a whirl.

For some reason when I did the 20 GB install, the C:\bb directory only contains the bbserver.exe file??? There is no bbw.exe file, hence my question.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

ESET was founded in Slovakia. I should have quoted OP's reference to ESET.

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/05/16 10:47 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

ESET was founded in Slovakia. I should have quoted OP's reference to ESET.

Ahh haa

OK, now I follow.
Posted By: rich in ca Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 12:33 AM
I've been using ESET for several years after I dumped McAffee, Norton and the like. I don't have any problems with ESET with any of my apps, including BBW 2016 and several prior. ESET shouldn't be a problem as long as it hasn't been specifically misconfigured...even if it were, the messages the OP is listing wouldn't be ESET messages. And if ESET were blocking execution of bbw.exe or plug-ins, it will show up in the event logs and/or Quarantine of ESET.

Was BB installed installed with the default settings and locations (it wasn't clear if the OP installed with all defaults?

Suggest checking the Windows application Error Logs (Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer) and look for errors on the BBW.exe app or related plugins (e.g, Sample Tank). But, if you can print out the Windows Event Viewer logs relative to any of the BBW components, that may provide additional info to those here in the forum (and especially to Peter).

A word of caution...introducing Windows 10 to the situation may just present new challenges, given that it (Windows 10) won't be a clean install, but rather an upgrade.

Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 09:10 AM
Valuable input, Rich. It's good to know you have experience with ESET. I too have never had ESET interfere with any application. Although, there could be a first time smile.

My instincts tell me there's something amiss with Windows 7. If I can find out which repair program I need to use (there are dozens in the link provided earlier), I will go that route. Many thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 01:36 PM
Lee, at the link I provided, you can click on the Windows 7 picture. At the next screen, you should be able to enter your product key, after which you can download the ISO file for your version of Windows. Once you have the ISO file on your computer, you should be able to either burn it to a DVD or extract it to a thumb drive to be able to run the repair.

Attached picture Win7_1.jpg
Attached picture Win7_2.jpg
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 01:53 PM
Fantastic, John! Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 02:28 PM
I'm pleased that Rich vouched for the ESET antivirus. That takes the suspicion level about that way down, now that we know it can work with BIAB.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 02:45 PM
Agreed, Matt.

John, I can't use my current product key with that utility because the Windows program was installed as an OEM copy. That site only accepts full versions. It would seem my only option is a total reinstall from the Synergio PC disk that came with my PC frown.

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 02:50 PM
Yes, I suspected you had an OEM version based on the price quote you received. But reinstalling 7 isn't your only option: you can purchase Windows 10.
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 02:56 PM
Sorry, didn't realize that.

I personally would try to go to Windows 10 before doing a new install. The Windows 10 update should write all new O/S files, but preserve your installed apps. You may find you need some new drivers when you are done, but that's easily taken care of. Worst case, you've got an image of your system now and can always get back to where you are.

Ideally, it would be best if we could figure out which files it can't find. Again, maybe looking through some of the log files and see if you can identify it there.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 04:30 PM
Hi Rich,

I found the following error logs. Their meaning is a mystery to me!:

PCA2
Not available
bbw.exe
Band-in-a-Box Application
Band-in-a-Box
PG Music Inc.
C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\{fda68bfb-0681-4ff2-8d74-5d2b619c1193}\appcompat.txt C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\Tab4F30.tmp
6a432745-125d-11e6-935d-485b39a5f9b6
PCA2
Not available
bbw.exe
Band-in-a-Box
PG Music Inc.
C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\{2ac3c2e2-5f71-4c7a-8e71-a7f8bd30917a}\appcompat.txt C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\TabCF72.tmp
80664ad3-1329-11e6-935d-485b39a5f9b6

PCA2
Not available
bbw.exe
Band-in-a-Box
PG Music Inc.
C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\{7890dcdb-3618-4535-a552-df202269cddb}\appcompat.txt C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\Tab9446.tmp
2942ecb9-1329-11e6-935d-485b39a5f9b6
PCA2
Not available
bbw.exe
Band-in-a-Box
PG Music Inc.
C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\{11de4aac-1165-45c9-9b28-fa7940e0d8ca}\appcompat.txt C:\Users\Lee Batchelor\AppData\Local\Temp\TabC5CD.tmp
e267f894-10c1-11e6-824f-485b39a5f9b6
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 09:26 PM
Lee,

In case this is useful... I've just found this post using Google. The event log is similar to yours and occurred with a well known game a user was trying to run.

The problem turned out to be antivirus software and the solution was to put an exception for the startup exe file into the antivirus software. For example, in my antivirus software, I have a section called "Exclusions" and I've added full paths for Realband and BIAB (as shown below).

I've read that you've tried starting the program with your antivirus software disabled but, like Matt, I wonder if maybe a component of it is always in memory.

Also, did you try (i) deactivating the User Account Control and (ii) running in XP compatibility that I mentioned in an earlier post?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Re User Account Control - it's been known to cause issues periodically and it would be good to rule it out as being the culprit for your problem.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 09:47 PM
I also asked about memory resident antivirus. I think he was just overwhelmed with advice and needs time to try all these ideas and answer.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/06/16 09:51 PM
Indeed! There's a truckload of information to work through when all these posts are added together!
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/07/16 10:18 AM
Hi team,

Noel - I tried adding BIAB to the ESET exclusion list. No dice. I get the same error. I'm really beginning to think this is a registry error. I use some good quality third party software, such as Photofiltre, Color Cop, and Notepad++ . Some third party software has proven to be garbage, so I uninstall it. The ESET program is also very good at flagging suspicious .exe files. I immediately let ESET delete them. Even at that, perhaps my registry has become corrupted.

So, I think there are two choices left: a reinstall of Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10. Would someone please roll the dice for me? And please, don't worry about over-beating me with solutions smile. I really want to get to the bottom of this. Your suggestions are very much appreciated. I consider myself lucky to have all of you chiming in. I only hope I can return the favor someday! Thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/07/16 03:00 PM
I found my Windows 7 Synergio PC disk. The problem is, it reads, "This disk contains 32-bit software only." I don't get it. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit was installed, and yet this is the disk I was given??

I believe I have narrowed my choices...Windows 10, or just sit and salivate over my non-functioning USB, BIAB program. (Actually, I know the program is fine. It's this d*** computer!)

Any last thoughts before I take the plunge? Thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/07/16 03:38 PM
I vote 10.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/07/16 03:55 PM
Thanks Matt! I'm leaning that way. I see from of the videos, I can still use Chrome as a browser in Windows 10. This is essential for me because I also teach online courses at Humber College in T.O.
Posted By: rich in ca Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/07/16 04:21 PM
Lee,

If you open regedit (not to make changes to the registry, but to search, see if you have an entry as included images below:

In case you haven't done this before (forgive me if this is redundant_, CLICK the windows start button, enter regedit in the Search Programs and filed box at the bottom, then CLICK on the regedit.exe listed at the top. Click "Yes" in the resulting dialog.

Select Computer Computer at the very top so the search will be all inclusive. You may want to also at this point save a backup of the registry file. Select File/Export,provide a Save in path somewhere in your My Documents folder, give it name meaningful to you, leave the default Save as type to *.reg. This will take less than 20-30 seconds.

Then, in the Edit menu, CLICK Find, leave the defaults and enter PCA2. Let us know if you find the following (screen shots of my registry):

Attached picture PCA2 Registry1.png
Attached picture PCA2 Registry2.png
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/07/16 06:03 PM
Hi Rich,

I am familiar with the registry functions. I found the following entry. It was in this path:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1375795168-2968556833-1989549193-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Throttling\PCA2

Attached picture PCA2 - 1.JPG
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/08/16 10:58 AM
Are there any other opinions about perhaps just upgrading to Windows 10? I'm leaning in that direction. It has a lot of bells and whistles I could care less about, but apparently you can hide those in the closet. My Windows install disk is a 32-bit version. Why the 64-bit version was not given to me, I'll never know. The vendor lives 45 minutes away. It would take hours to reinstall everything (programs and the likes). The shift to Windows 10 seems much easier.

Sorry to be such a pain frown.

Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/08/16 01:50 PM
As you already probably know, your Windows 10 upgrade would be to the 64-bit version. This is preferable anyway now for most people.

I'm assuming that, if your diagnosis that your problem is caused by Windows is correct, Windows 10 would likely overwrite enough files to solve it. Of course, this is just an assumption.

Good luck.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/08/16 02:38 PM
Good point Matt. Of course someone on the MS forums site said that the damaged files may "come along for the ride" unless I performed a clean install of Windows 10. Guess I'm back to square one. I even tried uninstalling ALL music related software to see if there were file sharing conflicts. After a restart, the same error comes up.

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: rich in ca Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/08/16 10:44 PM
Lee,

I wonder...if you went to the ASUS site and requested an OEM image disk/download for your system from them directly if they (ASUS) would assist? Some of my gear is Dell, and they did that for a friend of mine who needed an OEM image disk.

Richard
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 12:39 AM
Good idea, Rich. I shall try to make contact with ASUS. Thanks.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 12:10 PM
Before going to all the trouble to update your OS, I would suggest:

- updating BIAB to latest version 433. The log file you posted above showed 432 and 431 being run.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

If that doesn't work, de-install your antivirus program. Disabling them temporarily often doesn't work.

The log file you provided above was the compatibility assistant in Windows telling you that the bandina box file couldn't be run. That could be a number of things, like an antivirus blocking, but perhaps the solution lies in compatibility settings. BIAB runs fine in all versions of Windows 7 including 32 and 64 bit, so somethings out of place on your system when it comes to running bandina box
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 12:35 PM
Many thanks Peter! I'll try that.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the hardcopy manual. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this new version. It's radically different from my original DOS version circa 1991 smile.

- Lee
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 05:11 PM
Hi Peter,

I uninstalled my ESET Antivirus program, performed a full power off for two minutes, and then turned the computer back on with no Internet connection or antivirus software. I tried running BIAB from the USB drive with partial installation (option 1 I believe-20 GB install). I opened the program as Administrator, Windows XP 2 and 3 compatible......no go. I also downloaded the current build from your earlier link. The errors were identical except with different numbers.

Looks like I need to do a non-destructive reinstall of Windows 7. My vendor will supply the disk free of charge. His only warning was the install will be missing about three years of Windows updates. After the reinstall, I'll let the computer download all the updates and install them. That can be done while a sleep. Sound good?

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 05:15 PM
I was going to mention that you will have an original, not patched, Windows 7 if you get the OEM disk. I suggest that, immediately after installing the 'new' Windows 7, you install your antivirus and activate it. Then go online to get the Windows 7 updates. Otherwise, an un-patched Windows 7 presents a tempting target to all kinds of problems out there.
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 05:43 PM
Having done this several times, my experience has been that Windows is going to choke on trying to do several years of Windows updates all in one fell swoop.

While it takes tending while you do it (well, you can start the process, then go watch TV for awhile), I've found it works best to go into Windows Update, check about 20 or 30 updates (uncheck the rest), and just update them. Start from the oldest to the newest (you can generally tell by the numbers associated with the update). Once they are finished (which may require interim reboots), then do 20 or 30 more. Wash, rinse, repeat until you are up to date.

I've tried the brute force (just let them all run overnight) to find the next morning that many updates failed and have gotten stuck where it won't update at all.

Your experience may be different, but I've seen this on a couple of different machines I've had to re-install Windows 7 and then update to the latest patch levels.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 06:00 PM
Good ideas fellows-thanks. I can display a list of updates and only check off the critical ones for now. The optional ones often cause issues.

I'm still wondering if I'm better to just move to Windows 10. I've heard a few negatives but none from those of us who use music software. Someone mentioned that the faulty files may come along for the ride, however, I don't think it's a file corruption problem. Rather, I think there are missing files.

Anyone care to roll the dice for me? This is getting exhausting, especially while reading through the hardcopy manual about all the really neat things Peter and his team have provided.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 06:35 PM
Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with that fix. Very strange problem, and I cannot recall anyone else with a similar problem like that (though lots of other weird issues over the years - just not that one).
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 07:02 PM
Lee -

If you have the time, or even care, I would go ahead and get Windows 7 working well. Then take a disk image of you c: drive, so you can always get back to it. Then you should be able to upgrade to Windows 10. Make sure, if you do, that you do the in place upgrade (for the first time). That's what authorizes the free upgrade to Windows 10. Then, after you have upgraded and registered with Microsoft, you can then do a clean install, if you wish. When you register Windows 10 with Microsoft, it will send Microsoft a unique signature for your computer, so as long as you are doing the clean install on that same computer, you shouldn't have any problems re-authorizing it.

But, do what you feel comfortable with.

And good luck! I know it's been frustrating.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 07:31 PM
No worries, Peter. I really appreciate your (and everyone's) input. Computers can be elusive devils at times.

John, my big fear in doing a non-destructive reinstall on Windows 7 is the unknowns. For example, I have two image backups, but what if I forgot something? Then there's the driver issues. I must make certain they all work. The Windows updates scare the h*** out of me. I can see a lot of issues arising out of that.

I would hope an upgrade to Windows 10 would reset registry values so that my programs all work, including BIAB. Learning a new OS is less frightening to me than going through the hoops with a Windows 7 reinstall. At least with my two image files, I can revert to my original computer, albeit without BIAB working. But I need my computer for my profession as well. I work out of my home as a technical writer and technical writing instructor at Humber College Toronto.

Sounds like I've made up my mind smile.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/09/16 09:29 PM
I have a Samsung USB 3 portable SSD drive I use for backing up and transferring files. Best 4-inch device I know.

John is right about updating. Windows 7 is NOT going to work overnight unassisted and you wake up done. Instead, count on many interruptions as it updates in increments over several days.

I still vote for 10. But what do I know?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 04:14 AM
Lee,

If your computer is a desktop...

Am I understanding correctly that you are going to have to install Windows 10 as a completely new installation and not an update?

If this is so...

...why not buy a new hard drive and install Windows 10 onto that. Your current hard drive could then be kept in your machine as a secondary hard drive for additional storage. Hard drives are not that expensive these days.

Doing the above means that you'll be able to access all your current files without having to create back ups, etc. It will also allow you to see what programs you have installed and may wish to reinstall. Lastly, keeping your current installation on a separate drive will give you access to drivers that you presently use should you need them for your new installation.

To install, only have the new drive plugged in initially. When installation is complete, the old drive can then be brought into play.

When you first start up the computer with both hard drives set to go, the computer should sort out which is C: (mine did a couple of months ago when I did the above in going from Vista to Windows 7).

I haven't read through all the posts so I might have missed if this has already been mentioned.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 09:09 AM
Interesting idea, Noel. I will be upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (not a clean install).

So, obviously my Windows 7, and all my programs and documents reside on my C drive at the moment. I have a spare 1 TB drive that could be used for your idea. Would I do a clean Windows 10 install to that drive (not an upgrade)? When I download the Windows 10 updating tool, how do you tell it to install Windows 10 cleanly on the separate drive? I love the idea. That way, I could take my time about the transition. Further details please. And no, this idea has not been put forth, as of yet. Really appreciate it. I'd even be willing to invest in an SSD drive if that would work better. Could I also install my Cubase 8 Artist to the SSD drive, alongside BIAB?

Many thanks.

- Lee
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 09:38 AM
As I understand it, for you to get the free Windows 10 upgrade, you have to first do the upgrade of your current O/S (Win7 or Win8/8.1). After you have successfully done that and registered with Microsoft (so they can capture a digital signature of your system to support future installs), you can then download the ISO for Windows 10 and burn it to DVD, then do a clean upgrade. Since you are registered with Microsoft, you won't have to enter a license code - you're login does that.

I did the upgrade (which worked fine), and I subsequently did a clean install to a blank hard drive, which didn't cause any hiccups with Microsoft. The upgrade was a 7200 RPM hard drive; the clean install was on an SSD, and Microsoft didn't seem to care, so obviously the disk isn't part of the digital signature. I think it actually reads something off your motherboard.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 09:48 AM
In all my previous installations, I purchased the Windows DVD and did a clean install onto a new drive. For my latest, though, to take advantage of the free upgrade (which ends in July), I upgraded to 10 over Windows 8.1 on all three PCs. The suggestion by John sounds good, to make a clean install, but if I'm reading it correctly, your Windows 7 drive will also become Windows 10 first. Then you will quickly know if your specific problem has been solved.

By the way, I just reinstalled a Windows 8 OEM PC. The updates took Microsoft several days to complete, on and off; every time I booted, it told me to wait... The upgrades to Windows 10 were all done over a year ago, but as I recall, the whole process was much quicker and done in one shot.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 10:38 AM
I did some reading about this and you're 100 percent right. The Windows 10 upgrade must be done first so that all the legal crapola is out of the way. Then a second drive can be introduced. It may be counter productive to keep the Windows 7 OS. I think Noel had a great idea if I found the transition or learning curve a bit steep, but I'm happy to jump in with both feet. My main concern is to make sure I still have Internet, email, and all programs (especially BIAB!) working. I can learn the new OS at my leisure. From what I've read, the transition is generally smooth.

The prospects of downloading and installing four years worth of Windows 7 updates is totally off the table. My vendor said he would need my computer for two or three days to reinstall my Windows 7. I now see why.

Thanks guys!! I can't wait to produce some music and as Peter says, "Have fun!"

- Lee
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 11:39 AM
Good luck with it.

As I mentioned before, if you go with Windows 10, remember that you can get back your Windows 7-style start menu (Matt Finley and I both do that, although we use different products). I use Stardock Start10 ($5, but I also use several other Stardock products, so I actually have their Object Desktop bundle). I believe Matt uses Classic Shell.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 12:53 PM
Yes, I tried both of those with Windows 8 and also settled on Stardock 8. But with Windows 10, a version of the Start Menu is back and I don't use any add-on. One reason is that I am called upon to fix others' PCs and I like to work without needing to install extras.

Also, in 10 there is a lot less fishing around for things just off the screen, which was very annoying in 8. 10 is easy enough by itself.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 04:35 PM
One long shot to try. Rename bbw.exe to something else like bbw_test.exe and then run that. That might fool an antivirus and also avoids something called the .manifest file.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 05:58 PM
Well guys, here I am talking to you from my new Windows 10 platform. Nice looking OS, however, I have the same issue!!! Peter, I tried your suggestion, but it failed.

I'm at a total loss. Peter, can your senior guys dial into my computer and take a run at this damn error. The error is the same but I believe the numbers are different. I've tried updating the UR44 sound interface driver and it says I have the latest version. I even tried XP mode.

I also ran the Compatibility troubleshooter and it said the program was incompatible???

Where to next, fellows??
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 06:23 PM
Does RealBand run? c:\realband folder if you've installed it. Otherwise its on the USB harddrive (look for realband.exe)
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 07:19 PM
Hi Peter,

I open Real Band and the chord area is displayed, but then I get an error that reads, "List index of bounds (88)". After that I can set the ASIO drivers but a box appears that says PG PeakLimit. It's one half filled with a blue bar and the Cancel button doesn't work. When I close the program, I get a warning about the program crashing and another access violation error.

I'm running BIAB right from the USB drive. I figure there's no sense installing anything until we get Mr. Gates out of the equation.

Ideas??

One other thing, I installed version 433 to the USB drive. Hope that was correct.
Posted By: rich in ca Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 07:29 PM
I see where Lee mentioned in one of the first threads (but didn't catch it until now) he was using Superantispyware and Malwarebytes in addition to ESET. I didn't catch the Supreantispyware. I know others who use Malwarebytes with ESET and have no issues. I don't know if Superantispyware is compatible with ESET. ESET offers removal tools for several other antispyware products, but Superantispyware is not listed. It appears Superantispyware is a Shareware program. Perhaps you can obtain a removal tool from Superantispyware for their product and see if that makes a difference.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 07:36 PM
One other thing, I installed version 433 to the USB drive. Hope that was correct.

Yes, that's fine.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 07:36 PM
Hi Rich, I just uninstalled Super-Antispyware from the Control Panel. I'm going to restart and see what happens. Stand by......thanks!
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 07:48 PM
Nope....same crapola. One thing I notice when I plug in the USB drive, I see this (attached pic) in the Windows Explorer window. I am running BIAB from Windows Explorer by the way. So far, I've been running it from the top E:\ drive seen in this picture. I have no idea why I'm getting two sessions of my E:\ drive showing up. That didn't happen in Windows 7. Then again, I can't open this forum from Chrome anymore either. I must use MS Edge! Another Gatesism!!

Attached picture Windows Explorer.JPG
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 08:29 PM
))) After that I can set the ASIO drivers but a box appears that says PG PeakLimit

Let's avoid ASIO drivers for now. They are a source of all kinds of crashes.

In the BB folder, get back to factory settings by deleting files intrface.bbw and mysetup.dk. Then run the bbw.exe program and see if there is a difference. And then run RealBand.exe but don't select ASIO.

Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 08:45 PM
I tried your idea, Peter.

- Deleted the said files from the USB drive.
- Opened Real Band
- Message - Do you want to configure the ASIO device. Answer "No."
- An exception error has occurred.
- PG PeakLimit window is displayed and hung
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 08:53 PM
My opinion...I need to do a clean install of Windows 10. The devil that inhabited my Windows 7 system has hooked its ugly claw into the Windows 10 update for the free ride. At least with a clean Windows 10 install, it would take 1/10 the time of trying to load 4 years of Windows 7 updates, most of which would cause a living hell to my system and probably fail!
Posted By: rich in ca Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 09:26 PM
I can't speak for Windows 10, but since you don't see this 2nd instance drive (E) with Win 7 or your other XP system, I give the blame to Win 10. And, I think you are correct on a clean install (although if the Win 10 you have is an upgrade, it likely will not let you do a clean install, courtesy of MS). Too late for Win7, but if you had a Win 7 environment still, I was going to ask if you had a system restore point just prior to the glitches, and/or a registry backup prior to these events (again, Win 7 scenario).
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 09:28 PM
Rich, once you do the free Windows 10 upgrade, you can do a clean install. You'll need a Windows 10 DVD (which is downloadable as an ISO file), but as long as you registered with Microsoft, you can do the clean install on the same machine.
Posted By: rich in ca Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 09:35 PM
John

Thanks for the info and setting me straight...that's a departure from MS past. Glad they gave the customer a break and let them do a clean install (albeit involving having to download a DVD image after you upgrade).

My only experience with Windows 10 is disabling and removing the nuisance "Free update to Windows 10" alert in Win 7 (although you've got to be on your toes, because they try to sneak it in the Win 7 Updates, even though it's previously been hidden).

Richard
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 10:04 PM
Excellent points, gents. And yes, after you have upgraded from 7 to 10, you have proven you have a valid 7 license and are entitled to a 10 full install. I have two full image backups of my 7. One was made using the MS Backup and Restore, the other with third party software that performed a bit to bit comparison (and passed). Before wiping this drive clean I will do an image backup of 10.

My only concern is reloading Office 2010. I need that in my professional world. Windows 10 wasn't around when Office 2010 was released. Hopefully, it will load and work. It should because it works perfectly now. Thoughts?

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/10/16 11:26 PM
I think I answered that Office question awhile back; you should be fine.

But I want to go back to the anti-virus.

Windows 10 has its own, running quietly in the background. On top of that, we're talking about several others and that still concerns me. Malwarebytes comes in two forms; the one that isn't free stays loaded and vigilant, separate from the scans you decide to run, so you could have at least three running. Something to consider when Dr. Gannon agreed in the beginning that this could be a cause.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/11/16 02:00 AM
))) In the BB folder, get back to factory settings by deleting files intrface.bbw and mysetup.dk. Then run the bbw.exe program and see if there is a difference

Did you try this (above)

Also what is the size and date of your bbw.exe file.

If that all fails, since neither Realband or Band-in-a-Box run, I'm wondering if it's some interaction with the sound cards.

"Steinberg UR44 interface with the drivers up to date. I even tried the generic Realtek sound interface that came with my computer"

- for diagnostic purposes, try unplugging the UR44 and rebooting Windows.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/11/16 10:18 AM
Thanks gents. I shall try these suggestions before my clean install.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/11/16 03:20 PM
Well I made all the suggested changes, plugged the USB drive back in and it doesn't appear in Windows Explorer. In fact, it doesn't appear anywhere. So I tried plugging it into my old XP machine. It doesn't show up there either.

In all these error messages I've been getting there was references to missing file numbers but also the words, "in module 'E:\bbw.exe'" (perhaps without the drive letter). Sadly, that information may have been handy earlier?? If so, my apologies.

Is it possible I have a defective USB drive? I purchased it from Long and McQuade, Cobourg. Should I bundle it and get an exchange? I can't even test it now.

Also, all other drives show up in Windows 10 and XP. For example, thumb drives etc...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/11/16 03:32 PM

Is it possible I have a defective USB drive? I purchased it from Long and McQuade, Cobourg. Should I bundle it and get an exchange? I can't even test it now.

Is the drive still under warranty? If so, consider getting it replaced.

Note that it's not uncommon for the internal drive to become disconnected from the data cable. Is the case openable to do a visual check to verify that everything is seated correctly? (Mind your warranty options).

Also, presumably you have rebooted the computer before checking again. I've seen cases where USB ports have become completely unresponsive, and its taken a reboot to resolve.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/11/16 04:12 PM
Please ignore my last post. It now shows on both computers. Must have been pilot error! Thanks.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/12/16 07:37 PM
My most recent attempt to run BIAB resulted in an error message, "Your internet security settings have prevented the program from running..." or something similar. I researched the issue and found my user account settings in Windows became corrupted during the upgrade. I edited the registry and all's well.

Unfortunately, I still have the same error messages when I open BIAB. So.....tomorrow I'm going to do a clean install of Windows 10. Wish me luck! Thanks for all the help folks!

- Lee
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/12/16 11:28 PM
))) Is it possible I have a defective USB drive? I purchased it from Long and McQuade, Cobourg. Should I bundle it and get an exchange? I can't even test it now.

You should contact our tech support , via phone or chat button at the top of this page.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/13/16 08:55 AM
Thanks, Peter. It shows up in the Windows Explorer tree now. I must have not plugged it in all the way or the USB socket on the computer is slightly worn. At any rate, I think I'm good. Now, to the clean install of Windows 10 so I can have fun smile.

- Lee
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/13/16 07:14 PM
Success!!!!!!!

I performed a clean install of Windows 10, and BIAB loads perfectly!! I still need to configure a few things, but all's well.

Just want to say thanks for the incredible support from all you fine folks, especially Peter's support team. Now it's time to "have fun!"

Thanks again...

- Lee
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/13/16 07:35 PM
Great news. Now we can close this huge thread! This thread alone is responsible for bumping me back into the most-frequent posters list. crazy

I'm guessing that you had either conflicting drivers or problematic antivirus software in your Windows 7 that was not erased by the upgrade to 10, but obviously was wiped out by a clean install. If so, we've all learned something.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/13/16 08:09 PM
Agreed, and thanks Matt!

I was also able to set up BIAB to run with my Yamaha UR-44 sound interface. It has very pristine mic preamps and is an ASIO type. It works like a charm, and the BIAB real tracks sound great over my Yamaha HS-8 monitors.

Guess the wife won't be seeing me for a while smile.

- Lee
Posted By: jford Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/15/16 05:36 PM
I'm so glad it worked out.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Opening BIAB file error - 05/15/16 05:51 PM
Many thanks for all the help, John!
© PG Music Forums