PG Music Home
Posted By: rokq22 Want to get current in 2017 - 05/20/16 08:12 PM
Ok, I know I could simply call support and get my questions answered but I thought I'd post here for some reason or another.

Anyhow, I've been away awhile and have decided NOT to pay anymore to get into my old Dell hard drive OS (XP) I tried to with a few rescue/system restore/repair discs, etc. and gave up. Now even my Bios is messed up. Next, if I wanted to recover my BIAB 2015 (I think it is) I would have to get Pro help for the HD. Decided against that. Sooooooo, since I have already purchased a new computer with Win 10 I would like to get current with BIAB in 2017.

Some questions: Will I have to start all over as if I never purchased BIAB at all? I purchased a bunch of individual stuff before and I have in front of me HDs #UPW4632 and #UP365 (both useless now of course). I'm sure there is a record of my purchases. There is a difference of some $200 for never having had BIAB to having BIAB 2015/2016 so it'd be a matter of them giving me access to download BIAB 2015. Also, when I purchase the when you purchase stuff like the "UltraPlusPAK" or the "EverythingPAK" will 2017 also have the stuff form the BIAB HDs mentioned above? I bought a bunch of Brent Mason Real Tracks and hate to think I lost them all.

TIA
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/20/16 08:33 PM
According to posts around here you do NOT get extras from prior purchases even when you buy packages with names like EverythingPAK! But one thing I discovered during this past upgrade is they took RealTracks I had previously purchased as a bonus for 2015 and folded them into the package of "new" RealTracks for the 2016 version (yeah, kinda feels like buying those twice!) But maybe that policy will help you if they have quietly folded in previous bonus packs into the overall offering? I kinda doubt they would commission an artist, create bonus RealTracks and then discontinue them after the bonus period is over. laugh
Posted By: rharv Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/20/16 09:05 PM
Purchasing Brent Mason tracks is different than Bonus Tracks.

Your best choice is to call PGMusic (or chat) and see if the records of previous purchases exist (likely they do).
If so, they'll make things right. At least that has been the experience of most users, including me.

Why do you assume both HDs are worthless?
Have you tested them?
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/20/16 09:17 PM
I agree. Call PG Music and speak with them. They have a very solid business model. Their mandate is to have fun, make music, and then hopefully there's some profit for them. They'll treat you like gold.

They put up with my 11 forum pages of problems opening BIAB that wasn't even their fault! I finally got the problem solved. Even Dr. Peter kicked in some great ideas!

- Lee
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/20/16 10:14 PM
Yeah, I'll call but thought I'd post this first for the heck of it. Well, that and because I really have a hard time dealing with reality.

I mentioned "worthless" because, as of NOW, I don't have any edition of BIAB installed. Might be of use later. But aren't all the stuff on those two older HDs be included in the most expensive PAK of 2017? Wow, now I'm kinda stressed. I mean, I have ALL the discs I have purchased SOMEWHERE but where that is?? Oh my, yep, in the garage and in a box SOMEWHERE!!! So now I'm wondering, isn't all the stuff on the two OLDER HDs that I mentioned included in something like the EverythingPak which will be available in 2107? Well, in fact, weren't they all included for BIAB 2016? I mean, they advertise "NEW" and these are "OLD" so wondering....

So I guess if I want all the Real Tracks from Mason and the other folk I bought individual RealTracks discs about. But I get it, hey must have a record (damn if I can find MINE) so perhaps I can work out a deal?

We'll see.

P.S. I'll mention this for the hell of it too. (And why not after a few drinks?) Just had the experience of a couple lovable cats (the purring, sit on the chest kind, and who were sisters) get killed last week. About a week apart. Must be a sad song in there somewhere.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/20/16 10:32 PM
By all means, talk to the folks at PG Music.

So sorry to hear about your putties. We had "Fluffy" for 21 years. He died in 2006, and we still miss him. At least he had a great life, constantly stealing my chair and other minor "cute" annoyances for which we easily forgave. Use music to sooth the emptiness.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/21/16 03:08 AM
Hi rokq,

Contacting PG Music is definitely the best plan of attack. If you have registered or purchased your products from them, they will know all that you have.

There have been a number of stories on the forums where forum members have lost everything (hard drive failure, house fires, etc.) and PG Music has come to the rescue.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/21/16 06:33 AM
Originally Posted By: rokq22
Anyhow, I've been away awhile and have decided NOT to pay anymore to get into my old Dell hard drive OS (XP) I tried to with a few rescue/system restore/repair discs, etc. and gave up. Now even my Bios is messed up. Next, if I wanted to recover my BIAB 2015 (I think it is) I would have to get Pro help for the HD. Decided against that. Sooooooo, since I have already purchased a new computer with Win 10 I would like to get current with BIAB in 2017.

Get some inexpensive adapter like that one (sorry, the page in the link is in German, but you will get the idea).

Then you might still be able to read your old hard drives and copy everything of any value to you to a more accessible drive. This will save you a lot of hassle.
Posted By: rharv Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/21/16 08:16 AM
To answer one of your basic questions; yes, the new EverythingPak would include all the realtracks, including the Brent Mason disks you bought previously. If they were previously available for purchase (separately) they will be included.

'Bonus' items are a little different. These are items that are included with a special purchase at a given time. Sometimes they are added in the following year, sometimes not. But they are not offered as 'stand-alone' purchases.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/21/16 09:22 AM
Similar one on the English Amazon page.

http://www.amazon.com/WEme-Adapter-Universal-Converter-One-Touch/dp/B00MVRS38Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463833171&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Xystec+Universal+Disk+Adapter+IDE

Not a bad idea.
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Want to get current in 2017 - 05/25/16 01:31 AM
Well, I guess I HAVE to try this and see what happens.
© PG Music Forums