PG Music Home
Posted By: joe5 List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/09/16 02:32 PM
I know that the site occasionally mentions some, but it would be interesting to see a list of all of the musicians used (for realtracks etc). Possible?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/09/16 02:48 PM
In a way. I don't know of a simple list, but there is this:

When you select a RealTrack, the Assign RealTracks finder dialog window has the names of the performers in the Artist column. Same for RealDrums. You can sort on the Artist column to group all by a particular artist. When you select one track, look in the Artist Bio at the top of the window, near the right, for more info on that artist.
We offer a complete list of RealTracks artists at www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?os=win

If you click on an artist name, you will be redirected to their page that lists all of the RealTracks they've contributed.

Enjoy!

-Callie
Posted By: DEddy Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/09/16 04:09 PM
Callie: very useful link. Thanks.

DE
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/09/16 04:18 PM
Thanks, Callie.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/09/16 06:40 PM
Great link Callie, thanks.
Posted By: joe5 Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/09/16 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
We offer a complete list of RealTracks artists at www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?os=win

If you click on an artist name, you will be redirected to their page that lists all of the RealTracks they've contributed.

Enjoy!

-Callie
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Posted By: earl kirby Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/10/16 04:55 PM
I had seen this list before. Looks like it keeps growing although I still don't reconize any of these names. Shows how much I read the liner notes on album covers!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/10/16 06:18 PM
There aren't any liner notes anymore. All you get is the name of the song and the name of the 'artist', not the composer, arranger or sidemen. I'm on many CDs as one of those last three, but you'd never know it.

That's why it's so great PG Music makes the names of its musicians known. [I've played with a few of them.]
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/13/16 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: earl kirby
I had seen this list before. Looks like it keeps growing although I still don't reconize any of these names. Shows how much I read the liner notes on album covers!

Liner notes? Album covers? What century are you living in? <Grin>

Bob
Posted By: joe5 Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/15/16 12:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
That's why it's so great PG Music makes the names of its musicians known. [I've played with a few of them.]

Oh sure, rub it in.

wink
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/15/16 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: joe5
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

Oh sure, rub it in.

wink

Now c'mon. I don't ask for much here. cry

Seriously, this is actually one of my few soapbox issues, giving proper credit. We've lost a lot in the way music is distributed now.

Short story: I belong to a Facebook group of musicians who play Brazilian jazz. One posted a video clip of a wonderful Stan Getz live performance from the 1960s. The song was called the wrong name and no composer info was given. I transcribed and performed the song in my next concert, but wanted to find out who really wrote it. What a journey to do so! It turns out the song was written by a great Brazilian musician who never knew until decades later that his song had become famous in the USA. He never made a penny from it.
Posted By: joe5 Re: List of musicians used in BIAB? - 08/15/16 01:48 PM
Yeah don't get me on that soapbox....but to be fair, last time I looked at any CD liners, they were pretty good about giving credit out, but those were major artists/labels, too. In this era of ever-growing buy-it-online-only, I wish people were better about including such info built within the MP3 (or whatever) itself. It's not hard.
© PG Music Forums