PG Music Home
Hi,
I fail to load the Hi-Q instruments into the sforzando plugin. BiaB says:

C:\BB\DX Settings\Hi-Q 10801 Koto, Acoustic Sforzando.tgs N/A The Band-In-A-Box instruments might not be installed. does not exist, cannot install to track:strings

Thanks for your help

Matthias
Originally Posted By: audiOlymp
Hi,
BiaB says:C:\BB\DX Settings\Hi-Q 10801 Koto, Acoustic Sforzando.tgs

BIAB is telling you exactly where it is looking. That is where they at on my system.

In fact, when you install you can direct them anywhere. I don't put any BIAB on C:\. Instead I changed the path to E:\BB\DX....

May be best to just install them again and pay close attention to the options. That is all you have to do.
Hi Dan,

thank you for your answer. My problem is, that I do not find any .wav-files in the folder, that BiaB tells me (in my case: C:\BB\DX Settings\Hi-Q 10801 Koto, Acoustic Sforzando.tgs)
There are only .tgs-files and .txt-files. But where are the maching soundfiles?
Would you please take a look, if in your folder E:\BB\DX settings ... are those soundfiles?

Thanks a lot

Matthias
If you don't get an answer earlier, I'll try to remember to take a look at my configuration after work this evening for how I installed them.
I think you'll find that the tgs files are the sound files. if you double-click on them you'll hear the demo.
My Band In A Box installation is on my F drive. I can't remember whether I specified where I wanted the Sforzando .sfz and .wav files installed when I installed the program (or whether they were put here by default) but this is where I found them on my machine:

F:\Program Files\PG Music Inc\Band-in-a-Box Sounds\Programs

So whatever drive your \bb directory is on you may find them in a similar location.

Regards,
Those (.tgs and .txt) files are NOT the actual HI-Q sounds themselves, just the info BIAB need to: point to, describe on screen what they are, and use them.

you need to INSTALL the sfz HI-Q sounds using the downloadable (from your account) file

"hiq_instruments_sforzando.exe"

or if you are using the supplied external hard drive you will find that file in the folder

"x:\I:\PGMusic\Installers\hiq_instruments_sforzando.exe"

Where "x:\" is your external hard drive letter

pay attention to where you tell it to install the DEFAULT is

"C:\Program Files\PG Music\Band-in-a-Box Sounds\"

Quote:
pay attention to where you tell it to install the DEFAULT is

"C:\Program Files\PG Music\Band-in-a-Box Sounds\"

And you don't have to install it to the default. I have all my "sounds" on my D: drive, so I just installed them there. I believe the installer writes the location to the registry, so Sforzando knows where to find them.

As I understand it, the TGS files are basically just a file to say load Sforzando with this particular instrument, and then Sforzando goes out to where you installed the WAV files representing the instrument and finds it.
Thanks, Larry for that info. Makes sense!
If they are not showing in the Sforzando player/vsti
open
C:\Program Files\PG Music Inc\Band-in-a-Box Sounds\
Band-in-a-Box Sounds.bank.xml

and drag the xml into Sforzando

Attached picture BB_SFZ_Location.jpg
Thanks a lot to all of you for your help!
My mistake was, that I only used the buildin upload manager after the upgrade to BiaB 2017 and did not download seperately: hiq_instruments_sforzando.exe from my account.
Matthais,

Welcome to the forum.
© PG Music Forums