PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Can this happen? - 12/11/16 06:23 PM
Its interesting reading forum posts especially as a newbie, lots of info.
One thread recently was about song formatting and how some use the "linear" system to type in the chords and others more familiar use codas etc.
As a beginner I am using the linear way and of course have a page full of chords which gets smaller each time you add a verse or chorus.
At this point Part markers are confusing me on how they react but working with it.....however I just thought it be would be great if you were able to highlight in different colours (as in a spreadsheet) the verse and the chorus and the bridge then a lead break in different colours so you could identify where you are in your work. It would be easy to find the verses to tidy up and make changes rather than getting frustrated with a page full of chords that look all the same.
Just a thought.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can this happen? - 12/11/16 06:28 PM
Very interesting idea. I do not think this is possible. Post this request in the BIAB Wishlist Forum.

What I do is use Section Letters as a workaround. I might put I for intro, A for the verse, B for the chorus (bridge), T for tag etc. and you can use a letter more than once. Right click at the measure number; you'll see Section Letters at the bottom.
Posted By: wish Re: Can this happen? - 12/11/16 06:44 PM
Thanks Matt, I'll post it there for a reaction.
Posted By: wish Re: Can this happen? - 12/11/16 06:54 PM
Thanks again for the Section letter tip, thats a very handy alternative.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Can this happen? - 12/11/16 10:20 PM
It would be really cool to be able to color code the various sections of a song. Indeed.... it would be much better than trying to guess where you are even in the linear view, which is the one I always use.

Quite often I use all green parts.... and insert the part markers to generate fills between sections of the same color.

Color coding is a GREAT IDEA!!!!1
© PG Music Forums