PG Music Home
Posted By: Russell DeMussel How do I .... - 03/16/17 10:15 PM
I should know this but I've forgotten how. How do I get BB to allow me to jump from , say, line 14 to line 17? I just started working on a song when I ran into this issue.

Russ
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 04:30 AM
I know there is a setting somewhere to blank out parts of tracks not used. I can't find it right now. I'd sure appreciate the help.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 05:22 AM
If you don't want the bars can Edit > Delete Bars bars ? or use the Song Form Editor ?

http://www.pgmusic.com/helpvideo.htm?vidid=mxcn7BcvnOM&autoplay=1&start=0&os=Win
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 05:50 AM
Hi Russel De Mussel

This is off topic from your post, but of interest to me only.
I note that your profile states that your location is USA (Deville, La. USA)

but the website you reference in the footnote of your posts is in Belgium http://www.russell-demussel.be/index.html

I was just interested, how come you live in USA but choose a Belgium website?

Just interested, nothing more.

Attached picture 2017-03-17_19-55-07.jpg
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 06:04 AM
Man your guess is as good as mine. The site's closed down for now. Having problems with them.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 07:01 AM
Thanks Russ. I guess someone else is now using that URL. Who knows crazy
Hope you get your 'how do I' issues resolved quickly though
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 09:43 AM

There are short video tutorials under the support tab\videos in the navigation bar for DC Al Coda, DC Al Fine, DS Al Coda, DS Al fine features.

These all deal with repeats and jumping to bars and one is likely to accomplish what you are attempting with your song.

They are the only BIAB features I'm aware of for jumping bars.

Hope this helps.

Charlie
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 10:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Russell DeMussel
How do I get BB to allow me to jump from , say, line 14 to line 17?
Russ

Hi Russ. Maybe this has been answered, but just to be sure, could you rephrase this question and give more specifics and context? What are you trying to do?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 10:46 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Hi Russel De Mussel

This is off topic from your post, but of interest to me only.
I note that your profile states that your location is USA (Deville, La. USA)

but the website you reference in the footnote of your posts is in Belgium http://www.russell-demussel.be/index.html

I was just interested, how come you live in USA but choose a Belgium website?

Just interested, nothing more.

just a thought.... WWW is supposed to mean World Wide Web.... or so I thought. Although my brother in law thinks it means something about wrestling.
Posted By: Dave Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 01:13 PM
On this forum it also meant "Wes's Wonderful World" but that was many releases ago.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
On this forum it also meant "Wes's Wonderful World" but that was many releases ago.

Good memory! That was an amazing collection of BIAB tunes. Much more musical than World Wide Wrestling. But the dark blue with stars web page animated background sent me spinning each visit...
Posted By: jford Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 03:51 PM
Quote:
Wes's Wonderful World

Alas, Wesley Dick's site is no more. A lot of files there (which I downloaded many, many years ago). And his commentary on the site was pretty humorous.

For those who don't remember or were never there, here's a link from the WayBack Machine:

Wes's Wonderful World
Posted By: rharv Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 08:21 PM
Gotta love the Archive.

Russ, like others I don't fully understand your question. I don't remember being able to jump around in BiaB. Can you just cut the unwanted section and close the gap?

I remember both Russ' and Wes' sites.

I think WWW was the Weird Wonderful Web back then.
Wes (and Allanah) had some great BiaB sites. Both rememind of the 90's in internet years.

Here's Allanah's old site via the Archive -
Glitch
Looked better back in the day, obviously not designed for today's browsers. But lots of content!
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: How do I .... - 03/17/17 10:56 PM
Russell:

Perhaps what you're thinking of is the "Song Form Maker". (From the "Tools" section of the main menu, click the down arrow and select "Song Form".

Not sure what you mean by "Line 14" and "Line 17" but this tool can be used to "jump around" the song. Say the first part of your song is bar 1 to bar 56. Set that to be the "A Section". Then the part you want to skip is bar 57 to bar 64. Set that to be the "B Section". Then the remainder of the song is bar 65 to bar 80. Set that to be the "C Section".

Now create your song "Form" at the bottom of the Song Form Maker window, to be "AC". BIAB will play bars 1-56, skip 57 to 64, then play 65 to 80.

Not very elegant but may be usable.
Good luck!
LLOYD S
© PG Music Forums