PG Music Home
Hi,

I never had a problem accessing VST or DX effects via the mixer in BIAB 2014 or RealBand, but I can't seem to in my new install of BIAB 2016 or RealBand 2016. Please see this desktop video, which should be self-explanatory. The FX dialogue box simply doesn't appear when it should; instead the window title bar merely blinks. Can someone think of what I'm doing wrong? This is pretty limiting.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbhncNXqzr

I'd be grateful for any help.
I haven't seen that problem before, and it clearly is a problem.

I suspect that there is another modal dialog open and is hidden by the main screen. Can you resize the main screen to something much smaller, and move it to see if you can reveal another dialog?

Also, have a look in Help > Utilities > Display Log File of yellow/green messages just in case there is some diagnostic written to the file.

I notice that you are trying to install 2016. Presumably you are 'reinstalling' a 2016 version. Had that 2016 version worked previously?

The video was very useful.
Thanks VideoTrack. Long story short, I re-booted the PC and the problem vanished. Probably should have tried that earlier.

I find the screenrecorder has saved me loads of time wiothg helpdesk queries etc -- truly worth 1000 words.
Thanks lingyai for letting us know that you resolved the issue.

Yes, that would have been difficult to explain without that video cry
© PG Music Forums