PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Convert to MP4 - 07/21/17 08:59 PM
I have Biab 2015 and Windows 10. Why in the world am I NOT able to convert from Biab to a MP4 file? I have realtek drivers selected?

Thanks,

Trax
Posted By: rharv Re: Convert to MP4 - 07/21/17 10:03 PM
I tried using File - Save Special - Export as MP4 (which is an awfully convoluted path, but the only MP4 option I found).

While it was rendering my destination location folder showed the "test.wav" file (temp file) in the image below (I had saved it as Test.mp4).

When it was done rendering this temp wav file was gone .. but there was no MP4 .. so I got nothing.

This type of un-intuitive behavior is why I get out of BiaB as soon as possible in a project. Just finding how MP4 was supposed to work left me frustrated .. then for it not to work, even more frustrated.
Hopefully someone else has a solution that works.
I tried ..

Attached picture RenderMP4.jpg

Description: After
Attached picture RenderMP4-After.jpg
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: Convert to MP4 - 07/22/17 10:28 AM
I'm not positive, but you MAY need to have Quicktime installed (or otherwise have the mp4 codec on your system.)
Posted By: rharv Re: Convert to MP4 - 07/23/17 06:58 AM
I do

Attached picture QT.jpg
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Convert to MP4 - 07/23/17 11:54 AM
If video Mp4s (downloaded youtube) playback works the codec must be there, however. IMO to have K-lite codec pack and Quicktime lite !! installed is necessary if you don't want errors especially with video playback. Of course i got a stupo Q as usual; what's the use of Mp4, if you don't need it for video playback? F

Mp4 info
© PG Music Forums