PG Music Home
Posted By: gportojr Problems with recording audio - 05/29/18 07:17 PM
Using BIAB 2018 and Windows 10, punch-in does not work for recording audio and copy first verse to the rest of the song option does not work.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Problems with recording audio - 05/29/18 08:35 PM
Hi Gportojr,

Both of those features are working flawlessly for me. Can you please describe what's going wrong in more detail?

What happens when you try to punch-in?

When you tried to copy the first chorus to the rest of the song, how exactly were you filling out the fields in the "Copy Chords and/or Melody" window? Am I correct in assuming that's what you're referring to?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: gportojr Re: Problems with recording audio - 05/30/18 08:19 PM
Hi Kent,

When I use the punch-in I first get the dialog box asking to keep the take and I click yes. The second dialog boxes asks if I want to punch-in or replace the whole track. If I respond yes, nothing happens there are no changes in the audio. If I go to undo take the option is not available. If I respond keep the whole track I only have audio on the bars I recorded the rest of the audio is blank. If undo the whole track is back with no change.

When I record the first chorus I click the stop button and I get the dialog box to keep the take, check the box copy first chorus to the rest of song and click to keep the take but I still only have one chorus.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Problems with recording audio - 05/30/18 10:17 PM
Hi Gportojr,

Which exact version and build of Band-in-a-Box are you using? You can find out by clicking Help, then About Band-in-a-Box.

The "Copy first chorus to whole song" checkbox doesn't appear to do anything for me either (I'll have to test this some more and report it), but punching in is working perfectly for me. The bars I specified to punch in on are recording, and the rest of the track is preserved.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jford Re: Problems with recording audio - 05/31/18 02:02 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder if "Copy first chorus to whole song" is a MIDI-only command.
Posted By: gportojr Re: Problems with recording audio - 05/31/18 07:12 PM
Hi Kent,

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2017 (471)
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Problems with recording audio - 06/01/18 08:55 PM
Hi Gportojr,

I'm not 100% sure what's causing your problem with punch-in recording, but if you give us a call on Monday, I'm sure we can figure it out.

The tech support number is 1-866-983-2474, I'll be around 11-5 PST.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: gportojr Re: Problems with recording audio - 06/03/18 05:43 PM
Possibly but the option is available in the record audio dialog box.
Posted By: gportojr Re: Problems with recording audio - 06/18/18 09:28 PM
Kent,

I was having a problem with the punch-in feature and we tried it together and it worked fine. Thought I was going crazy but today I tried it on a fourth chorus and again nothing happened. Could you try it on a chorus other than the first and let me know if it works? Thanks!
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Problems with recording audio - 06/19/18 04:56 PM
Hi,

There doesn't appear to be any way of punching in on a specific chorus, but I'll be happy to submit a request to have this added.

You can begin recording on chorus 4 using the "Record Audio From" settings, but not as a punch-in.

You can punch-in on any measures you like if you open the song in RealBand.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums