PG Music Home
Posted By: suthol Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/13/18 02:16 AM
I have BiaB 2018 Ultra Pack and purchased the Xtra Pack 5 back in August when it was on sale and already have the extra packs that were described as mandatory for the new styles.

I am finding that I get the stick count and then silence followed by dialogue boxes stating the the required Real Tracks are missing.

Sadly this problem is now happening with styles that I have used in the past and I'm wondering if there was a corruption on the installation of the Xtra Pack.

Anyone else had this problem or does tech support have any ideas as to what may be wrong.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/13/18 04:24 AM
Three things to try:

(1)In the Style Picker, perform a full rebuild

(2) Help > What AddOns Do I have, and check for unexpected missing Styles

(3) Log On to your PG Music account, re-download the items and reinstall over the existing system.

Quote:
...followed by dialogue boxes stating the the required Real Tracks are missing
Can you advise some of the Real Track names that are missing?

Attached picture 2018-09-13_17-21-02.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/13/18 05:51 AM
In addition to Trevor's advice, you could also

1. open Realtrack picker

2. on the lower left side of the Realtrack picker window, there's an option to "Show Realtracks that are N/A" -- select this option

3. Click on the heading of the display column labeled "N/A" and this will sort the Realtracks so that the N/A are located at the top or bottom of the list (depending on if you clicked once or twice) -- you might need to scroll through the list to the top or the bottom.

4. In the column labeled "Set" have a look to see which Realtrack set numbers have not been installed.

5. If you need to expand the column to see the full set number, place the mouse cursor over the left edge of the column in the heading row and click and drag the mouse to the right.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/20/18 07:28 PM
Thanks for the replies, sorry about being late in acknowledging this, things have been hectic here and until I revisited the project in question I had completely forgotten that I had asked for help.

I'll have a look using the suggestions above and come back with the results.

Done:- see next post
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/20/18 08:27 PM
These have not been found, I still have to do some digging to see if these are supposed to be included in what I have purchased before going the whole 9 yards with re-install.

Styles Disks : 4 ,5 ,6 (Jazz) ,8 ,9 (Latin/Salsa) ,11 (Classical) ,13 (Euro/Techno) ,14 Jazz Fusion ,15 (Nashville Country) ,17 (Unplugged) ,18 ,19 ,20 ,22 ,23 ,24 ,25 ,27 ,29 ,30 ,31 ,32 ,33 ,34 ,35 ,36 ,37 ,38 ,39 ,41 ,43 ,45 ,47 ,55 ,56 ,59 ,64 ,65 ,66 ,68 ,69 ,71 ,72 ,73 ,74 ,75 ,76 ,77

Soloist Disk Sets : 2 (Killer Jazz), 3 (Specialty Jazz), 4 (Rock), 5 Bluegrass, 6 Killer Pop,Older Jazz, 7 Blues,Pop, 8 Killer Jazz Waltz, Pop Waltz, 9 Blues Guit, 10 Ballads and Guitar, 11 Trumpet, 12 Andy Laverne Mainstream, 13 Andy Laverne Pentatonic, 16 Sax, 17 Trombone, 18 SoundTrack, 19 Modern Jazz Even 8, 20 Campfire/Children's

RealDrums sets in C:\bb\Drums\ :

RealTracks sets in C:\bb\RealTracks\ : 48- Medium Modern Rock
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/20/18 10:26 PM
Hi Dave,

You're supposed to have all those Style and Soloist sets.

I see what happened, at least partially.

You had a 2018 Pro, then bought an UltraPAK as a download, but when you installed the UltraPAK, I think you only installed the RealTracks, and didn't download and run your new Band-in-a-Box installer (likely because you already had 2018 installed). The Band-in-a-Box installer that came with the UltraPAK came with all those MIDI Soloists and Styles that weren't in the Pro.

This doesn't quite explain why you'd be getting messages about RealTracks missing though, as your last post indicates you're only missing one set.

How big is your C:\BB folder?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/20/18 11:41 PM
Hi Kent,

The total folder size is 113GB, there are 137,945 files in 6,146 folders.

This is starting to feel like a rebuild from scratch
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/21/18 10:19 AM
Currently downloading all files from my account again and so far have reinstalled the BiaB package and the basics that come with it.

Some time this century all the rest of the packages will download and install via the Download/Installer tool ( hopefully by the time I wake up in the morning )

If this fixes the problem I will uninstall and reinstall on my laptop as well
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/21/18 09:17 PM
Hi Suthol,

That should take care of it, but please let us know if it doesn't!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/23/18 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Suthol,

That should take care of it, but please let us know if it doesn't!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

Will do, I've done the base installation and plus the optional packs I purchased and it has just finished downloading all packages via the download manager and re-installation is underway.

Download was frustratingly slow because Netflix had killed my download cap for the months so I got a bit above dialup speeds ( 1.8M )

Once complete I'll run the cleanup routine and check the packages
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/23/18 10:53 PM
OK rebuild and cleanup complete, and now only the two styles below missing, can someone advise which pack they are in and I'll re-install it

Soloist Disk Sets : 12 Andy Laverne Mainstream, 13 Andy Laverne Pentatonic
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/23/18 11:05 PM
Those were special one-time purchases, if I recall correctly.
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/23/18 11:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Those were special one-time purchases, if I recall correctly.

Seems weird that BiaB thinks I should have them, I'll keep digging.

Extras I have purchased are
2018_0pak
2018_49pak
Xtra Styles Pak 5
Posted By: jford Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/24/18 12:37 PM
Those two packages have always been a separate purchase (I imagine for licensing reasons).

I remember receiving set 14 and 15 (the Jeff Lorber soloists) as an add-on, but don't recall ever seeing 12 and 13 available other than a separate purchase (which I did many many years ago).

They are both MIDI-based styles, so no Realtracks there. But they are still available for purchase, if you want them. Check out +++ this page +++.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/24/18 04:25 PM
That's 100% correct, those soloist sets are only sold separately for licensing reasons. They're not included with any of the other packages.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: suthol Re: Some BiaB styles not playing - 09/25/18 12:02 AM
Thanks all for the replies, I've not purchased any soloist sets so it seems weird that those two were picked out as missing.

Now back to the music
© PG Music Forums