PG Music Home
Hi all,

I bought the new 2019 BiaB some days ago and haven't had the time to do much with it yet, but today I sat down to tinker with it a bit.

Short version: I managed to delete my \Preferences folder completely! I don't know quite how, but it's gone and it's not in the bin either.

I have an old computer that ran BB 2018 before I got the one I'm using now, so I copied the \Preferences folder from that one, delete intrface.bbw and MySetup.DK and started BiaB again, but all my icons in all the menu's and banners are gone! The mixer window is empty too.

BiaB seems to work fine i.e. I can load a song and press SPACE and it plays normally, but how do I get those icons back??

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Ole
In Tweaking.com's free Windows Repair AIO there's also an icon fixing module. Sometimes i get disappearing icons when an external drive is not connected, usually fixed at a new boot sequence of windows. F
Quote:
...all my icons in all the menu's and banners are gone!

You mean the button images etc.? This sounds unrelated to your Preferences folder. It sounds like you are missing files in bb\Data\Images. Do you have an 'images' folder? If you've removed this folder, you could get it back by running the main Band-in-a-Box installation file.
Fiddler: A reboot doesn't change things, but thanks for the suggestion.

Andrew: Yes I do mean "Button Images" and yes I do have \Data\Images and \Data\ImagesD and there are lots of files in there.

FWIW I ran the 605 update again after I messed up, but that didn't change anything either.

Ole
Ole, when you updated to 2019, what version did you update FROM? If it was earlier than 2018, one thing you could try is to run a Cleanup utility, because BIAB 2018 (a year ago) reorganized all the folders. It does not harm to try running the utility.

Find it here: /BB/Data/BB_Cleanup.exe
Another tip:
Cleanup can also be launched from the help drop-down menu inside BiaB:
Help > Utilities > Run cleanup routine...
Matt and VideoTrack: I upgraded from 2018 with the latest patch and I'm aware of the reorganising that went on some time ago - it was a really welcome "tidying up".

I just ran the cleanup utility, but it made no difference either. It was a good suggestion though.

Ole

I think Andrew's suggestion of running the main Band-in-a-Box installation file might be the next step.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

I think Andrew's suggestion of running the main Band-in-a-Box installation file might be the next step.

Yep - that did the trick!

Thanks Andrew and VideoTrack for pointing me in the right direction!

Ole
Excellent, thanks for letting us know it's resolved, that tip might help others also.
© PG Music Forums