PG Music Home
Posted By: critter N/A on almost all styles [resolved] - 12/24/18 03:21 AM
Most but not all real tracks have N/A listed and songs and demos don't have all instruments. This as I have installed 2019 from hard disk. horn sections etc do not come up with a yellow bar stating the file does not exsist, any answers. Thanks in advance. I did refresh all files etc.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 04:33 AM
What Upgrade Pak did you purchase?

Are the RealTracks / RealDrums on an external drive?

Did you uninstall anything first before installing the upgrade?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 04:46 AM
critter,

When you entered into Stylepicker, did you run "Rebuild" by clicking on the "Rebuild" button at the bottom of the stylepicker window?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 05:01 AM
Yes, the fast and the slow, still a mass of N/A styles. I did not change anything just loaded the hard drive as every other year.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 05:10 AM
Did you purchase the XTRAPaks? These six 'Paks' of styles are not included as part of the USB installation. They are add-ons.

Also, just to double-check, did you get the UltraPak upgrade on USB?
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 05:37 AM
No extras except the free one, I have the ultra pak on Hard drive.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 05:40 AM
If your .STY (Styles folder) accompany-ing .XT2 and .ST2 files are NOT in the 'Soloists' folder but elsewhere you'll get stylepicker problems. A search for them, and miving them there usually fixes it after a stylepicker rebuild. Running BB_cleanup.exe from the Data folder might fix it also ...

In your case regarding RTs I think the STX files should be in the Styles folder only to fix (some?) N/A realtrack problems. Once i found missing ones in the Realtracks/Data folder. -F
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/24/18 06:17 AM
critter,

Can you post a screen shot of Stylepicker showing the N/A styles? It would be really useful to see it.

If you are not sure how to capture a screenshot of your desktop and to post it, have a look at the following link.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=472139#Post472139

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/25/18 02:57 AM
There is no button for print page. I am not a computer geek so I am limited to computer inner functions. A easier work around would be great. If not I will contact PG on Wednesday, I have had Kent work inside my computer before, I would rather have a forum fix instead of bothering them. Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/25/18 04:12 AM
Hi Critter,

There should be a key on your keyboard that's called something like "Pint Screen" or PRT SCRN" or something similar. This is the key that captures the image to paste into Microsoft Paint (that I mention in the link above).

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/25/18 04:41 AM
Sometimes it is useful as Noel suggests, to open Paint (microsoft in-bedded in windows 10) first, then press Control-V to paste the Prinstcreen in memory into Paint and crop it.

Then use save (as) the remainder into f.i your pictures folder. Uploading full 1080 (large) pictures int this forum makes details quite small on these pages .. F
Posted By: jford Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/26/18 06:02 PM
If you've got Windows 10, then it comes with a utility called Snipping tool (I think you can get to it with CTRL+PrntScrn, or just click on the start button and start typing snipping and it should find it. Snipping tool lets you size the image on your screen that you want (by defining the rectangular area to capture) and then it lets you save to a JPG file immediately, which you can then attach to a forum post (using the forum file manager).
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/26/18 09:51 PM
I think I fixed the problem, I hooked up the hard drive and went into custom install and loaded all the styles and all is well. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/26/18 10:02 PM
Good to hear. I was wondering how it was going.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rich in ca Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/27/18 03:10 AM
John,

Good tip...I use the snipping tool quite often, and if I am helping someone long distance (i.e., chat or phone) I have them enable the snipping tool. The snipping tool is also available as far back as Windows Vista. It's available in Windows/system32/SnippingTool.exe (create a shortcut with this path %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe)

or

for users not comfortable with the above, they can go to Control Panel\Programs\Turn Windows Features On or Off, and enable (check) Tablet PC Components (See image). I suggest users needing this neat utility enable it and put it on the task bar so it's easily accessible for those that want to snapshot something on the screen.

Attached picture Enable Tablet PC Components.PNG
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/27/18 03:12 AM
Another problem tonight, the demos play fine but now when you open the demo to the short song with chords the soloist is not there and it says N/A for that.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/27/18 06:01 AM
Hi critter,

Two possibilities spring to mind...

1) Not all the Realtrack files have been installed for your UltraPak.

2) There are some Realtracks on the 49BonusPak. This is a $49 add-on and is not included on the UltraPak. Did you purchase this bonus pack? If not, the Realtracks that were missing may be on that.

What was the style you loaded? If you let me know, I'll check it out.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/27/18 03:41 PM
I don't think I explained right last night, so here I go.
First, open stylepicker, picked 2019 only, typed in horns, picked rock shuffle 130, played fine horns and all, clicked demo in little box, open to chord page, little yellow box lower right corner says horns not found. Song plays fine but no horns.
I am not at computer now but horns number was something like 3225. Hope that helps.
Thanks, Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/27/18 10:41 PM
Hi Steve,

After doing a bit of research, I think that the horns might have been #3325. This Realtrack is found on Set 304 (part of the 2019 release).

The USB drive should contain all the Realtracks except for those that come with 49BonusPAK. The pak was an add-on for $49 and it sounds like you did not purchase this.

As a test...

1. Close BIAB

2. Plug in the 2019 USB driver.

3. Using File Explorer, go to the USB drive and open the folder \bb

4. In that folder, there is a file called BBW.EXE.

5. Right-click on this exe file and select "Run as administrator" from the menu.

6. When Windows pops up with a message box that asks "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer", doublecheck that the program's name is BBW.EXE. If it is then click on "Yes".

7. Now try loading the style _BIGBLUZ as this one contains the Realtrack #3325.

Did this work?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/27/18 11:44 PM
Will try this in about three hours.
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/28/18 03:18 AM
Well that put me back to the N/A situation I had first. I am trying to get things back but I am confused...…...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/28/18 03:43 AM
Steve,

It would be quickest if you contact PG Music, I think.

The N/A have arisen probably because the XTRAPak styles are not loaded on the USB drive. Ignore them for the moment.

Copy this...

_BIGBLUZ

...and paste it in the filter at the top of Stylepicker. Did this find the style _BIGBLUZ for you? (It's part of Set #304.) If it didn't, it probably means that your Realtrack installation didn't go according to plan.

At this stage, it might be quickest for you to contact PG Music and to ask if someone can remotely access your computer and help get things up and running.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/28/18 03:55 AM
I just deleted all files from BB and will reload disk drive tomorrow. All songs from this computer went to another one so all is not lost, hopefully a full install tomorrow will fix all. Hope for the best.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/28/18 03:56 AM
Steve,

That sounds like a good plan.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck!
Noel
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/28/18 04:29 AM
I deleted all BB files back to 2017 which was since the new hard drive. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Empty slate, hope for the best...Steve
Posted By: critter Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/29/18 04:32 AM
Well nothing worked. I even put program as leave on hard drive. still no 2019 without N/A, sick situation, Well PG tech support isn't open on Saturday, maybe Monday.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: N/A on almost all styles - 12/29/18 04:44 AM
Steve,

That's frustrating! It's an annoying time of year, too, for getting problems fixed.

Sales staff will be online tomorrow. If I were you, I'd use Live Help/Chat to see if I could set up a time to get some remote control help. They might not be able to assist but it would be worth asking.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums