PG Music Home
Posted By: critter New PC with solid state and 2 gig hard drive - 08/01/20 03:11 AM
Problem loading BB. C is solid state, D is hard drive. I want to load all into D and I can't get it to work, errors for everything, what do I need to do? Solid state is only 225 gigs, D is 2 terobytes. I have tried different things but can't get the program to work, any and all tips would be great.
You didn't mention what steps you actually took, so this is only a guess.

Presumably you are installing from a download, by running the setup program?
If so, you should be able to nominate what drives you want everything installed to, something similar to this:

Attached picture 2020-08-01_16-36-59.jpg
That didn't work I keep getting exception errors. I have the 2020 hard drive, never had a problem before, this solid state hard drive screws everything up. With only 225 gigs on it you can't do crap. I even tried just the option one, same crap. Read all manual stuff but can't find what to do. I have always downloaded the whole thing every year with no problems, wish there wasn't a solid state drive!!!!!!!!!!
Seems like the issue is somewhere on top... Like permissions of some of kind.

Did you try a full factory reset? I would start there.

I do not suggest that you do, but if "reset to factory" did not work, I would do this:

1)Backup personal projects
3)Uninstall everything PG from internal drives.
4)Restart computer.
5) Install BIAB to the drive of of your choice. Not by copy+paste copying files, but installing them. Disconnect external drive(if that is what you use to install BIAB) Test.
6)to save some time for testing purposes, I would just install bare BIAB without RTs

----------
Good luck.
I somehow don't think it's directly related to the fact that the drive is Solid State.

Consider contacting PG Music Support. I hope they can talk you through this, or even remotely connect and find what the problem is.
The future may not look good with a small SSD C drive. I had a 250 Gig Samsung Pro ssd that I got fed up with and installed a one TB in it place.

There have been many programs that would not let me change drive numbers when downloading. Other than the space issue the SSD drive was super.

I don't have much download experience with BB but what I have has been without issue. All my computers have SSD drives.

Before more pulling you hair out, get someone who knows some stuff to remotely log on to your machine. Down Team Viewer for free. It is very easy to use.

PG Music has always been very helpful for me. Give them a call.

Best of luck,

Billy
I have built all my own computers since 1983 and I currently have two production machines running 256 GB SSD boot drives with no issues. I have other internal drives, so if you are careful where you install software and spend a little time every so often doing housekeeping, that size boot drive is fine for Windows 10.
So you think I can fit the whole hard drive in the ssd with no problems? Maybe all other things pop into the D drive.
Hi

With a small ssd I would install the basic BIAB on it C: this is just a small install a few windows fonts and things.
But chose D your 2Tb hard drive for your realdrums realstyles as this is the big bit of the programme .

Mike
Hey there critter! If you're still having issues, can you provide some examples of the error messages that you're getting during the install process and sharing them with us here so we can investigate this? You could also send screenshots in to support@pgmusic.com with a detailed description of the issue if that's easier for you than typing them out!
To add to what Ember said, can you check that you're on the latest version of Band-in-a-Box by going to the Help menu and clicking on Check For Updates?
© PG Music Forums