PG Music Home
I'm an old dog. No new GUIs please.

How do I make 2021 look like my 2020 BIAB did?
SOLUTION: Go to WINDOW and uncheck "Fullscreen chordsheet view" (Ctrl-T)
This tells us your last version was 2017 or before, since the GUI was revised in 2018. Good job finding that keystroke combo.

There are also icons that will toggle this for you, located two and three to the left of the Save icons.

I thought at first I could never give up the old GUI. I toggled back and forth for a few days, then switched to the new one and never looked back. The trick is to load what you want into the Custom toolbar tab, upper right under the Audio radio button.
I started my PG journey with old Gui and like Matt, it took me a few days to adjust and switch to Minimal one and never switched back. At first I had the feeling that something was "missing", but now I know it was just an illusion.

Custom bar works very well.
I switched to the new GUI layout on day one and never went back. However, I think I would've been driven out of town if I kept using the original version, seeing I had put in a little effort into getting the new one developed grin
I actually had the reverse question: how do I get to the new GUI layout? So, thanks Jerry - I think you helped a a lot of of people with this CTRL-T shortcut on both sides smile Kudos to you! smile
Hey Jerry, consider editing your first post to mark it Resolved. Helps others who may find this thread. Thanks.
I switched to the new GUI on day one and immediately loved it.

I accidentally turned it off, forgot how I turned it on in the first place, and surfed the various menus and options until I found it. That was a few weeks ago.

I like the ability to see more bars of music. I also reduced the vertical height of each row on the matrix so I can see even more bars at once.

But remember, there is more than one right way to do it.

Insights and incites by Notes
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I switched to the new GUI layout on day one and never went back. However, I think I would've been driven out of town if I kept using the original version, seeing I had put in a little effort into getting the new one developed grin

I remember that "rocking the boat" well VideoTrack, I think you got the pirate's punishment, made to walk the plank.

smile
Thanks, gang. I finally figured out how to edit my first post to say RESOLVED. Thanks for the suggestion--I had trouble doing that yesterday.

I'm not using a 2017. I actually upgrade every year with a new hard drive. BIAB was opening up with just a big chord window and a narrow strip along the top. Glad I found the solution.
© PG Music Forums