PG Music Home
Posted By: mbsmike 2 2021 questions - 01/01/21 03:13 AM
Happy New Year to everyone!
Last week I received and installed 2021 over my 2020.

After the install my windows media player (default mp3 player) no longer works. It starts but nothing will load. After killing it in task manager it gives an error "The remote procedure call failed". Is this related to the BIAB install or coincidence? Any suggestions to fix?

Also I'm having a bit of a struggle with utility tracks.
Short story:
I have a song with a tempo of 117. Whenever I add a realtrack to a utility track it plays extremely fast. I've tried guitar realtracks of various tempos, even one of 65 tempo will play WAY faster than 117. If I add it to a legacy track then copy to a utility track the tempo is fine but if I take the same guitar realtrack and add it directly to a utility track and generate it is super fast.
Any guidance for what I'm doing wrong?

Windows 10 and running version 813.

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2 2021 questions - 01/01/21 10:34 AM
First question. Likely coincidence. But you can go into Windows 10 settings and correct the file association for MP3 to the program of your choice.
Posted By: mbsmike Re: 2 2021 questions - 01/01/21 04:35 PM
Thanks Matt!

First problem solved, unfortunately I failed to follow my standard advice to everyone else........REBOOT haha.

Still stumped on the utility tracks challenge.

Any thoughts anyone?

Mike
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2 2021 questions - 01/01/21 04:58 PM
First question, good.

Second, you've been here awhile but the first thing you should always try when BIAB does not do what you know it did do and should do, is Options, Return to Factory Settings, Most.
Posted By: thomasc Re: 2 2021 questions - 01/02/21 01:42 PM
Hi Mike

For the second issue, try the menu for the utility track (right click the down arrow)

Open "Track settings"
Disable "Conform to playback tempo"
Possibly also "Set Base tempo" to 0

cheers Thomas
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2 2021 questions - 01/02/21 01:44 PM
Thomas, that’s a good suggestion. I did not even know that was there.
Posted By: mbsmike Re: 2 2021 questions - 01/03/21 02:49 AM
Thank you both! It seems I'm squared away now. So many options........so little time
© PG Music Forums