PG Music Home
Whenever I highlight part of the track to regenerate a part the timing of the entire track gets off beat. Most likely user error but how do I preserve the timing of a Utility track so I hat it syncs up whenever regenerating parts of it?
Most of the audio I record is out of sync or wrong tempo. Sometimes it works perfectly then fails. I get a notice of 32 bit using my 24 bit asio driver.
Most of the audio I record is out of sync or wrong tempo. Sometimes it works perfectly then fails. I get a notice of 32 bit using my 24 bit asio driver.
presley.
if other people dont report such an audio problem , ie a bug in the biab release your useing its probably a settings issue you have.
i suspect from your 32/24 bit post.

its important to post pics of your various sound device settings in win/your external sound device control panel /biab/rband and settings in various other daw music software your useing.
as i asked for before.
otherwise people trying to help who have been round the block many times solving issues are diagnosing blindly.
thus long threads of sometimes guesses ensue.

anyhoo, try this.
set win record and playback IN WIN AND your sound device control panel and any other music software your useing to 44.1khz and 16 bit. eg say your useing as well as biab such software as studio one or reaper or other daw software.
post back if this works.
WHAT SOUND DEVICE ARE YOU USEING ?

best
muso.
I am using a UAD Arrow.
Hey thanks!

I have tried this setting and many others. The Tascam USB 16x08 has a long history of documented issues with its driver. I have ordered a new interface which I am hoping will stabilize performance with Bbox. I have produced hundreds of tracks without issues with my Presonus Firewire Project, and previous Band In A Box. The new 2021 Band In A Box plus new Tascam driver don't appear to be compatible.
Originally Posted By: dpresley
Hey thanks!

I have tried this setting and many others. The Tascam USB 16x08 has a long history of documented issues with its driver. I have ordered a new interface which I am hoping will stabilize performance with Bbox. I have produced hundreds of tracks without issues with my Presonus Firewire Project, and previous Band In A Box. The new 2021 Band In A Box plus new Tascam driver don't appear to be compatible.

I use a Tascam 20x20 and it works fine with 2021 version. So I don't think it is a compatibility issue with Tascam, but I could be wrong.
dpresley
what i do is have a good relationship with my local music store that lets me return an interface within 30 days.
so i have testing time.
before settling on a new interface you might want to read this >>
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=635707#Post635707
ie interfaces that pg users say work well with their pg software.
best
muso

poltad
the arrow is a very very nice interface.
(i'd like a buk for every interface ive tested out over the years .lol.)
i read the arrow manual in detail last night. lots of settings.
i prefer a simpler interface myself.
if you read the manual youll see it mentions asio vis a vis wdm settings.
thus without knowing your windows record/playback and console settings re the arrow i cant comment further , other than suggest useing biab you might run a test with win record/playback IN WIN ITSELF set to 44.1/16 bit AND arrow console set to same. OR ask uad support .
assuming its not a bug in biab itself.
best
muso
I think I figured it out. There is a setting under Audio window in Edit->Settings. I enabled “Synchronize insert/delete edits with MIDI on track”. Now regenerating pieces of a track keep in sync.
© PG Music Forums