PG Music Home
Posted By: Richard-Stan's Fan Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 01:10 PM
I tried to find an answer on the Forum Search facility but failed.

I have just ordered my BIAB & RB 2009 to 2010 UltraPlusPAK update on the 160 GB USB hard drive. Just in case the following is not covered in the included instructions, may I just ask about running the software from the hard drive?

I have always installed BIAB, RB and PT discs on the “C” drive and loaded the Real Drums and Real Tracks on my “E” Drive. I use my “D” Drive for the TEMP FILE.
As l want to run the programme from the supplied hard drive, do I have to uninstall my existing Real Tracks and Real Band data from my “E” Drive first? I believe that some of the new files do not actually replace the existing Real Tracks so perhaps it would be foolish to delete my exiting files. Also which files from BIAB and RB can be removed from my “C” Drive once I start using the USB hard drive?

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 01:17 PM
What you get is a complete new program. Everything included. If you're going to run it from the USB drive make a backup. Delete the stuff on C & E you won't need it.It's all on the USB Drive.
Posted By: WienSam Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 01:27 PM
All except your own files of course
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 01:28 PM
Hi, Just beware before deleting all BB files that you haven't any of your own or downloaded song files in there.
Make a backup - put it on DVD

Regards
Michee
Posted By: Spawn-X Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 02:32 PM
Other question about the BB HD.
What's happen if HD is crashing? Is the HD delivered alone or with installation DVD?
I know you send us a mail containing download links, but I never be quite with only downloaded files and no CDs.
Posted By: Mac Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 02:48 PM
Quote:

Other question about the BB HD.
What's happen if HD is crashing? Is the HD delivered alone or with installation DVD?
I know you send us a mail containing download links, but I never be quite with only downloaded files and no CDs.

You should make your own backup files as soon as you get the hard drive.

This can be as involved as burning the files to DVDs -- which I think would take 20 or more DVDs to handle all the files -- or purchasing another USB drive and simply copying the entire PGMusic Drive's contents to that drive for a backup, or perhaps you have a built in hard drive in your computer that is large enough to dedicate a folder to the backup of the files.

My Carbonite service has actually backed up my entire PGMusic drive in the background already. A very handy automatic backup service that costs but 50$US a year, it even backs up the operating system disks in the background when I'm online. I love the service. http://www.carbonite.com/

--Mac
Posted By: Peter Panino Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 02:59 PM
Quote:

It's all on the USB Drive.

Is this also true for the BiaB fonts (for screen display and printing)? AFAIK in Windows fonts must be installed.

BTW, does BiaB work in Windows 7 64Bit?
Posted By: Mac Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 03:43 PM
Quote:

Quote:

It's all on the USB Drive.

Is this also true for the BiaB fonts (for screen display and printing)? AFAIK in Windows fonts must be installed.

BTW, does BiaB work in Windows 7 64Bit?

You have Installation options that will allow for whichever way you want to do it.

**Be sure to read and understand the "readmefirst" file that comes on the USB drive, this will show you the options and how to install for what you want.**

On a machine that never has had BiaB installed on it before, you can have the option to install only the Fonts, the PGMusic DX plugins, etc. to system that need to write to registry and still leave all the rest of BiaB on the USB drive. Those files that install are very small in size by comparison.

--Mac
Posted By: Peter Panino Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 04:56 PM
Does BiaB2010 work in Windows 7 64Bit? Or are there any addon programs of BiaB2010 which do not work in Windows 7 64Bit?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 05:00 PM
I have Windows 7 32-bit, but I recall that Peter Gannon has stated that BIAB 2010 does work just fine in Windows 7 64-bit.

We also have been told that the VSC does NOT work in 64-bit and you could consider using the Coyote Forte instead. It is not expensive, and is sold by PG Music.

I am not aware of any other 64-bit incompatibilities with BIAB; the main challenge is device drivers for your soundcard, although that situation is continually getting better. Anyone else?
Posted By: Peter Panino Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 12/31/09 05:55 PM
I've seen there's a nice metronome program - Metronome Pro - sold by PG music.
1. Is this program contained in the Everything Pak?
2. Does it work in Windows 7 64Bit?
John, Sam, Michee and Mac,

Thank you all for your assistance. I can't wait to get my hands on those new Smooth Jazz files.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 01/01/10 05:22 PM
I can't find Metronome Pro in my 2010 BIAB HD. I found it in C:\program files, probably put there by a previous version of BIAB. Later, Ray
Posted By: Nutty Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 01/01/10 10:02 PM
I haven't been here for awhile, but I just purchased the USB drive for BIAB 2010. I tried to copy the drive over to an external drive. It took over 6 hours to do the transfer. Then I got the message that I needed permission to copy 2 of the files (I didn't write down the name of the files). I just selected "ok" or whatever the command was. I tried to open BIAB from the external drive and it doesn't work. I'm not really computer savvy, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. I just selected the complete folder from the USB drive and copied it to my external drive.

Any ideas what went wrong.

Thanks.
Annette

EDIT::: I found my answer on the RealBand forum. The problem was I couldn't open the "Read Me First" document. I have that worked out now, so all the instructions are there. Thanks.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Using the 160 GB USB Hard Drive - 01/02/10 03:51 AM
6 hours!
© PG Music Forums