PG Music Home
Hi,

Just upgraded to BIAB2022 and have trouble getting any MIDI output working to my Roland FA-06.
It's connected via USB Midi/audio cable and I have tested WAS, Asio and MME settings.

Midi tracks are either silent or I get some notes that hangs...
I can record playing midi or chords using Ctrl-Enter as usual so midi in works.
Using the TTS-1 works as a charm. Realband and Cakewalk works too.

If I solo a midi track it will play on the FA, but then all realtracks are muted, so what's happening here?

Cheers,
Pete

Posted By: Rich R Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/11/21 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By: PianoPete
Hi,

Just upgraded to BIAB2022 and have trouble getting any MIDI output working to my Roland FA-06.
It's connected via USB Midi/audio cable and I have tested WAS, Asio and MME settings.

Midi tracks are either silent or I get some notes that hangs...
I can record playing midi or chords using Ctrl-Enter as usual so midi in works.
Using the TTS-1 works as a charm. Realband and Cakewalk works too.

If I solo a midi track it will play on the FA, but then all realtracks are muted, so what's happening here?

Cheers,
Pete

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/11/21 06:26 PM
Yes, this has been reported. I went crazy testing everything, especially since I could see activity in the mixer for the MIDI track but heard nothing. It will be fixed soon.

Rich R, welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Bernard Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/11/21 06:45 PM
OK same issue here (going crazy checking everything!) with my good old Ketron S20...
Bernard
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/11/21 07:34 PM
Do you mind of I ask which OS you use? My Ketron has not been recognized (driver-wise) since Windows 10.
Posted By: PianoPete Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/11/21 08:18 PM
Thanks for the input!

Btw, I'm still on Windows 10.

Best,
Pete
Posted By: Bernard Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/11/21 08:19 PM
I am on windows 10 and my Ketron has been working together with BiaB in the last 10 years...
More or less because sometimes it doesnt like now with BiaB 2022...
Bernard
Posted By: wilko Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/12/21 06:32 AM
Same here, no midi output with my Ketron SD2.
It works with Reaper, Cakewalk and windows media player.
Posted By: Garth Bird Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/12/21 07:04 AM
Hi Pete,
You probably need to reinstall a USB midi driver on your PC.

Yamaha USB Midi driver should work in Windows for GM midi but would not install in Windows 11. The better (includes audio) USB driver from Steinberg installed and connected my Yamaha piano.
Posted By: PianoPete Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/12/21 07:50 AM
Thanks Garth,
I'm already on the latest Roland 1.0.1 USB driver for the FA-06.
Also tried a separate Roland UM-ONE USB-MIDI interface and still no joy.

I'll check out all the wonderful new features in BIAB while waiting for a fix.

/pete
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/12/21 11:44 AM
No need to reinstall anything. Wait for the BIAB patch.
Posted By: Art Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/12/21 03:18 PM
Quote:
No need to reinstall anything. Wait for the BIAB patch.

Yes, my BBB-608 has the same issue with all of the "all-MIDI" files I load.

For me, this issue first appeared in B-906. Since my use-ratio of "MIDI/RT" is about 30/70 respectively, I decided to roll-back to B-905. However, when B-908 was officially released, I left 905 and installed 908--only to find that the same all-MIDI issue was there too!

I really like the 908 update so I decided to stay with this one and not roll-back to 905.

Somehow, in all of my grappling with the issue, I, like Matt Finley, discovered that the MIDI data (and notation) is present in all of the MIDI tracks!

Also, like PianoPete, I discovered that if I hit the SOLO button on a track, its contents could be heard! So, I SOLO-ed all of the MIDI tracks and they all played through--which, for me, confirmed that the problem is not with the MIDI driver.

I'm going to take Matt's advice on this one and just wait for the BIAB patch that contains the fix for this issue.

I do have two other minor BB issues to mention regarding MicroChords and Preferences/Channels but I'll start a separate thread for each of those items-of-concern.

In the interim, I'm not having any problems with keeping myself busy learning about the new features and how to use them. The Boot Camp videos are very helpful.

Cheers!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/12/21 03:26 PM
You make a good point that if you must work today you need to go back to build 905. We didn’t discover this right away and several builds were tested in quick succession. It wasn’t me who reported it, since I assumed (wrongly) it was my setup and spent time testing my equipment before calling it surely a new bug. But when I saw what you did that the Solo button sort of sometimes played the MIDI, then I knew. It’s already fixed by the developers. Just hang in for the patch.
Posted By: parmstro Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/13/21 04:05 PM
I also reported this problem, and found a bypass was enabling style. If style was present, midi played on melody and solo, if not enabled midi notes disappeared when you pressed play.
Have now installed 908 and problem has gone away, but it doesn't stop midi notes when you press pause or stop????
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/13/21 08:49 PM
Try F12. I think that’s the Panic button. I’ll check later.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/13/21 11:16 PM
Yes, function key <F12>. There's a settable option to reset the DXi synth as well:

Attached picture 2021-12-14_13-14-31.jpg
Posted By: PianoPete Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/14/21 02:05 PM
F12 is a lifesaver!
Posted By: PianoPete Re: BIAB 2022: No Midi hardware output - 12/16/21 06:49 PM
I have updated to 912 and the MIDI out now works for me. Finally!
Tested loading a vanilla MIDI file which plays with correct instruments.

However, there's some issues with recording and playing midi on the Utility tracks so I gather it's best to wait for the patch.
© PG Music Forums