PG Music Home
Posted By: Angelomusic Confused about BIAB 2022 - 01/01/22 09:45 AM
Hi,

I ordered BIAB 2022 Ultrapack as an upgrade to my 2020 version. I have 3 questions :

a - If I save my bb folder with all my tunes and retransfert those files once BIAB2022 installed they will be read without problem right ? I don't want to lose my songs having them not being played properly with BIAB2022

b - I ordered the external drive with BIAB 2022 installed on it. But on my dashboard they put a link for me to download BIAB 2022. I'm confused.. If I ordered BIAB2022 on a external hard drive why would I use this downloadable link on my pc ??

c- I read somewhere that to get all the goodies of BIAB2022 you should NOT check the box "upgrade from previous installation" when you do install it. Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks!
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Confused about BIAB 2022 - 01/01/22 11:38 AM
You can download it and start working with it immediately if you like with no need to wait for shipment.

You can install it right into you existing bb folder and all you stuff will still be there, if you are scared of that you can backup/copy your stuff somewhere else, install it and then check to see if it is all there.

Checking the box for upgrade, did not cause me to not get anything I didn't already have, but some people on another board/group experienced missing files. So if you don't check it you may download stuff you already have but that is just more time to download and nothing else bad will happen.

My 2 cents anyway.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Confused about BIAB 2022 - 01/01/22 11:49 AM
Hi Angelo,

Rather than installing 2022 and then copy files from 2020, I suggest installing 2022 into the directory/folder that 2020 is in. This way, new BIAB files will overwrite the older files and everything will run smoothly.

If you install 2022 and then copy 2020 over, it is likely that you'll overwrite some of the 2022 specific files with older files and these older files may not work in 2022.

I've been installing all my upgrades into the same directory every year since 2007 and I've never had a problem.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Confused about BIAB 2022 - 01/01/22 02:06 PM
The online files are an online backup. Your older song files should load and play in Band-in-a-Box \ RealBand 2022.

You can run the program from the external hard drive if you desire to or you can load them on top of your existing installation if you like. As Noel pointed out, loading over your existing installation gives you access to your existing song files without having to copy or move things around.
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Confused about BIAB 2022 - 01/02/22 05:55 PM
Thank you so much guys, you really helped !
© PG Music Forums