PG Music Home
Posted By: Gorilla DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/10/10 06:55 AM
Hello. Just received the Ultra-Pak and really love the sounds. As a Vocal Singer/Song Writer this is a real dream come true. Real live musicians and great sounds. One issue so far. I attempted to transfer a track into Cubase 5 via the "DAW MODE" with no success. I used the process of placing the mouse arrow on top of one of the radial track buttons i.e., "Bass" and tried to drag and drop onto a track. Simply, no can do. What am I missing?
Posted By: Prado Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/10/10 04:56 PM
I'm having the same problem. I can drag the midi files from BIAB to the desktop and from the desktop to Cubase5, but I can't drag from BIAB to Cubase5. Pretty disappointing, along with ASIO blues. The DAW plugin was the main reason I upgraded to 2010. It sure looked easy in the video!

Any answers out there?
'
Prado
Posted By: Mac Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/10/10 04:57 PM
Cubase does not seem to want to accept direct Drag 'n Drop for some reason.

The workaround right now is easy enough, open any Explorer window and folder that you create for the purpose and then Drag 'n Drop from BB or RB into that Explorer window first.

Cubase will then accept a drag 'n drop from that intemediate Explorer window.

Added benefit -- that Explorer folder will keep those tracks available for re-use, just in case, until such time as you delete them. That may come in handy one day when a songfile and all your hard work gets corrupted or the like, or if the Unlimited Undos don't limit what they Undo and then you have to Redo what you Do-do. Or something like that.

Enjoyed chattin' with ya on the phone, man. Don't be a stranger.

--Mac
Posted By: Gorilla Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/11/10 11:11 AM
Hey Mac, I tried the work around you suggest and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I could not drag the "Real Track" Soloist i.e., the Tenor Sax in to the folder. I guess I should re-read the section regarding dragging the "Real Track" tracks into ones favorite DAW. It sure would be nice to slap one of those bad real track waves into Cubase 5 on top of my music.

Earlier another Lad wrote a post inquiring why BIAB could not connect to his DAW (Cubase) via the Plug-in mode. I not knowing at the time why, what or where stated in my reply "It should work fine because the video demo/manual mentioned "Nuendo" which is the brother or sister to Cubase. Looks like I put my foot in my mouth. What do you say?
Posted By: Mac Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/11/10 12:38 PM
Well, my simian friend, I don't have all the versions of Cubase here in order to see what's going on there.

And Cubase sure has a lot of versions, each one acting differently under the hood, as it were, one of the key reasons I stopped using it here...

--Mac
Posted By: Gorilla Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/12/10 01:20 AM
Well, I stand corrected. I failed to realize that the "Melody" and "Soloist" in green represents a "Real Track Wave". Yellow is MIDI. I apparently transferred a "MIDI" track thinking I transferred the RT. I contacted PGMusic Tech. Support and the tech. cleared the matter. He further confirmed they are working on a Patch which will allow the DAW PLUG-IN MODE to communicate with Cubase. According to the tech. they tested Nuendo and not Cubase at the time of testing. They have received many calls re: Cubase. There should be a fix soon. :0)

I transferred the RT onto the desk top as you suggested Mac and dragged the file onto Cubase's arraignment screen. "Thumbs Up." Thanks again.
Posted By: krbrook Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/12/10 03:46 PM
Thanks for the update.
I just ordered the BIAB 2010 upgrade from 2009 and I use Cubase.

-Roy
Posted By: Gorilla Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/12/10 11:36 PM
Yes my Cubase-ian friend, all is well. The treat of having live Sax placed on a Cubase track is a dream come true. You can hear the lip and breathing of the Saxophonist.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/13/10 06:47 AM
Fontana, eh? Better known to the locals as Felony Flats. Back in the 70's before it was built up, that area was nothing but sagebrush, meth labs and those cool authentic biker bars populated by them nice Angels fellas that they liked to use as movie sets...
Don't worry Gorilla, just joking. Hmmm, maybe with a name like that you're one of the originals who decided to stick around your old stomping grounds. I didn't mean it really!

Bob
Posted By: Mac Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/13/10 12:52 PM
gorilla is a nice big guy kinda just like I am.

We have much in common, as it turns out.

See, the bikers is gone and he's still there.

That's because we both *are* the kinda people our mothers warned us not to hang out with.

Govern yourself accordingly...

(grin)

--Mac
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: DAW PLUG-IN MODE FOR CUBASE - 01/13/10 04:32 PM
When i met my wife she lived in Fontana, which i have always affectionally called Fontucky! Of course back then i lived in a town called Moreno Valley, which some folks called Moron Valley! touche'
© PG Music Forums