PG Music Home
Posted By: raintalk DAW mode missed opportunity - 01/20/10 04:01 AM
What'd I really like to see in DAW mode is for multiple instances of BAIB to be started as VSTi and allow sync from the DAW to the BAIB instances. So the daw can start, change tempo's etc for realtracks brought up in the different instances of BAIB VSTi's.

Now that would be something!
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: DAW mode missed opportunity - 01/20/10 06:12 AM
Quote:

What'd I really like to see in DAW mode is for multiple instances of BAIB to be started as VSTi and allow sync from the DAW to the BAIB instances. So the daw can start, change tempo's etc for realtracks brought up in the different instances of BAIB VSTi's.

Now that would be something!

VSTi's are plugins that usually need a host to run. Considering Biab is itself a host, that's not likely to happen. You don't see one host as a plugin to another, that's like saying it would be cool to run Sonar inside Pro Tools. ReWire does something similar but that is a whole different thing.

Bob
Posted By: silvertones Re: DAW mode missed opportunity - 01/20/10 11:34 AM
Yes you do. Jammer that at one time was considered BIAB competition does this now.
Posted By: Stephan326 Re: DAW mode missed opportunity - 01/20/10 12:29 PM
Well, lemme see... There is FLStudio and EnergyXT. both are hosts that are also vsti...
Posted By: raintalk Re: DAW mode missed opportunity - 01/21/10 03:34 AM
I could see it being done fairly lightweight with something like
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm
See the VSTHost Slavery Suite

Using Legree I can use VSThost as a plugin VST or VSTi from any other host.

No latency.

I bet PGMusic could license it fairly cheap.
I see VSTHost has been licensed to Indamixx.com and some other DJ solutions.
Posted By: Fifer Re: DAW mode missed opportunity - 01/21/10 11:34 PM
Jamstix is a VSTi and a host for other drum VSTis like EZDrummer or BFD. The cute part is that it can also create a drum track in real time using a set of criteria the user controls, and it can output the resulting track as midi at the same time if you wish ... Just drums though, and just midi but seriously impressive. I use it about 50:50 with real drums.

Brian
© PG Music Forums