PG Music Home
Posted By: Wiz Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 12:09 AM
www One

Is a song I have just done with BIAB 2010.

I used BIAB for the drums and the bass, the guitars and vocals are mine.

I am really impressed with BIAB and for the home singer songrwriter guitar player..its fantastic.

cheeers

Wiz
Posted By: Jeff Payne Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 12:26 AM
I am a professional musician, making a very comfortable living, and, in my opinion, you have done a very good job with this song.

You obviously have some highly polished production and writing chops. Please post more.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 12:46 AM
Wiz,

This is outstanding !! Fantastic job with this production, first class all the way brother !!!

Biab is a hoot. Glad to see you are having fun with it.

Trax
Posted By: DrDan Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 12:52 AM
Pro Vocals - you should be very gratefuly - you have been blessed with a voice.
And it sounds like you have not squandered your gift. Thanks for sharing. Lets hear some more.
Posted By: Mac Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 01:19 AM
Sounds good, Wiz!

--Mac
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 01:46 AM
Wow! Professional all the way. Your song was a real pleasure to listen to.
Noel
Posted By: Wiz Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 02:08 AM
Thanks everyone...

also, everyone knows its a cover right...8)...I didnt write it....wish I did....8)...

thanks again for checking it out...

I am starting to get my head around using BIAB, and incorporating it into my work flow...its taken a while...its not the most simple program I have ever used...LOL..8)

but, the results are great..

thanks again

Wiz
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 02:29 AM

Very, very nice, Wiz.

Just to show you how old I am, I thought it was going to be the Three Dog Night song.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 11:23 AM
Wiz, I really like the clean style you have. This is where I see less is more (compliment).
Well done

regards
michee
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 01:00 PM
Straightforward and clean. Bet this goes over well live. Thanks for sharing.

R.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 01:38 PM
Really great sounding piece, Wiz. Congrats.

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Wiz Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 09:27 PM
thanks everyone...

cheers

Wiz
Posted By: MarioD Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 11:09 PM
Pro all the way!

Two thumbs up!

It's a keeper!

BTW - SUPER guitar chops!
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/22/10 11:55 PM
Almost missed this one, Wiz - terrific mix and you have one of those "pro voices" - intensity, feeling without straining. A very full yet sparse instrumentation mix. How did you do that effectively? Is the secret in the percussion/bass section. I'm asking because there's a lot that my ears won't decipher anymore listening to productions.
Two things - if you don't mind - a list of all the instruments used and the verb unit used.
Good one.
Ian
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 01:35 AM
Like Ian I almost missed this one but I am sure happy I didn't. IMHO this is top shelf in every aspect, from lyric (is this an original?) to the arrangement, production and of course your performance (both vocal and guitar) was 5 stars.

Edited portion: I just realized this is a U2 tune. But I still stand by my assessment above.

Later,
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 02:59 AM
Wow! Excellent production. Ready for packaging and sell.

My Music
My Blog
Posted By: Wiz Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 03:39 AM
Quote:

Almost missed this one, Wiz - terrific mix and you have one of those "pro voices" - intensity, feeling without straining. A very full yet sparse instrumentation mix. How did you do that effectively? Is the secret in the percussion/bass section. I'm asking because there's a lot that my ears won't decipher anymore listening to productions.
Two things - if you don't mind - a list of all the instruments used and the verb unit used.
Good one.
Ian

thanks again to everyone for all the feedback...its cool....sometimes we operate in a vacumn...8).

I love talking about gear and mixing and stuff...8)...so glad someone asked....

I work really hard on space...and making things as simple as I can, ironically, its really quite involved to make things work, without much going on...8)

Anyways

The acoustic guitar is a maton messiah, miced with a Mojave MA100 tube microphone.

The vocal is mic'd with a Mojave MA200 tube microphone

The tremelo guitar is my Fender Strat, into a Fender princeton, miced with a Shure SM57.

The guitar riff, is my epiphone les paul gold top, running into Amplitube Fender.

Drums and Bass are Real tracks from BIAB 2010.

I use UAD-1 plug ins, which on this track include 1176LN,LA2A, 33609 compressors and Neve 1081/1073 and pulteq EQ's.

The reverb on the vocal is a Plate 140 reverb from UAD.

The acoustic guitar, tremelo guitar and drums and vocals, have a convolution reverb across them, which has a room simulation on it.

The delay on the vocal in the chorus, is from Sonitus and comes in Sonar Producer 8..which I use.

There is extensive volume automation going on across every track...level riding....a bit up here, a bit down there.....light and shade.

So there are only drums, bass, acoustic guitar, vocal, tremelo guitar, and riff guitar in this song.

There has been a bit of editing of the real bass track, to simplify it and get it to work in context (taking a piece from one verse and using it here and there, that kind of thing). The bass and drums, have been adjusted timing wise...(quantized if you like) a bit from what BIAB generated, again ...just to gel everything together...its suprising how the little things add up...

anyways hope someone found that interesting...8)...

cheers everyone

Wiz
Posted By: Sundance Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 03:54 AM
Pure excellence in every regard Wiz.
Posted By: tagmusic Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 05:13 AM
Hey Wiz,
That is an excellent rendition of the song. I have a buddy whom I've been writing with for years. He's a hellava lyricist. I generally take care of the arranging and production end, along with the music. So , when I listen to a song, I gravitate to the background voices (not vocals) and arrangement. I really enjoyed how it was produced. It has a touch of professionalism. Sooo..., please help me as I am new to BIAB. (3 1/2 weeks) At this point, I've laid down the music portion for one of our originals using realtracks. Now, how the heck are you recording the vocal? (Great voice by the way) I'm going to be using a TASCAM US-144MKII. I am having tbl trying to figure it out. Yes, I did read the manual. I get confused regarding all of the settings, etc. Thanks for any input from you or Silvertones, or anybody in this regard.

Tommy O'G. (Tagmusic)
Posted By: Wiz Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 07:53 AM
Quote:

Hey Wiz,
That is an excellent rendition of the song. I have a buddy whom I've been writing with for years. He's a hellava lyricist. I generally take care of the arranging and production end, along with the music. So , when I listen to a song, I gravitate to the background voices (not vocals) and arrangement. I really enjoyed how it was produced. It has a touch of professionalism. Sooo..., please help me as I am new to BIAB. (3 1/2 weeks) At this point, I've laid down the music portion for one of our originals using realtracks. Now, how the heck are you recording the vocal? (Great voice by the way) I'm going to be using a TASCAM US-144MKII. I am having tbl trying to figure it out. Yes, I did read the manual. I get confused regarding all of the settings, etc. Thanks for any input from you or Silvertones, or anybody in this regard.

Tommy O'G. (Tagmusic)

Hi Tommy

wish I could be of more help than I am about to be....8(...

but..I use sonar to record and mix everything....

sorry bud..

cheers

Wiz
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/23/10 07:06 PM
Hi All,
I actually prefer this version to that of U2's, the vocal too. A real nice job Wiz, and the guitars sound ace.
I'm still finding my way around Sonar, great package though.
Jeff
Posted By: Ricky Harris Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/24/10 05:36 AM
I love the reverb on your vocal. Really nice. Great work on this. I actually like this production better than the original. Nice and simple. Great work.
Posted By: toucher Re: Song done with BIAB 2010 - 01/24/10 05:43 AM
Excellent work Wiz.........Gives me something to strive toward
© PG Music Forums